shape
carat
color
clarity

Lleyton Hewitt Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Well.....After a 5 week romance, Lleyton Hewitt (Aussie tennis champ) proposed to his soapie star girlfrend. Apparently he presented Bec with a 4 carat AUS$200,000 honker from Tiffanys!

Lleyton and Belgium tennis star Kim Clijsters broke of their engagement in November last year and would have been walking down the aisle this week if they were still together......hmmmm, methinks it could be a rebound thing.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
not only that, but he proposed just after he lost in his finals match of the australian open!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Hey you gotta hand it to the guy (or possibly his publicist) - no one cares who won the Open. The winner is buried on page 7 while the loser is all over the news because he proposed to someone he''s known for two minutes. Chances of Engagement Number 2 actually ending in a wedding .... ?

chantheman

Rough_Rock
You never know about this one.

According to the link below.......
http://www.canada.com/sports/tennis/story.html?id=0ebaec6b-e8b1-4578-8da7-336778d1bba9

Hewitt and Bec met a number of years ago and simply rekindled their relationship.

Could it be that Bec may have had something to do with the failed engagement to Clijsters? (Things that make you say hmmm)

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is clear that he did not do his homework.

First, he gets engaged to a Belgian girl, and he forgets to think of Antwerp or diamonds cut here. No wonder that she dumped him.

And now, he gets engaged while being in Melbourne, and he goes to Tiffany''s, in stead of some better known place like Garry''s or mdx''s. I might even forget other PS-contributors from Melbourne.

I would say: ''Double fault. Love-Fifteen."

Live long,

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 4:34:59 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
It is clear that he did not do his homework.

First, he gets engaged to a Belgian girl, and he forgets to think of Antwerp or diamonds cut here. No wonder that she dumped him.

And now, he gets engaged while being in Melbourne, and he goes to Tiffany''s, in stead of some better known place like Garry''s or mdx''s. I might even forget other PS-contributors from Melbourne.

I would say: ''Double fault. Love-Fifteen.''

Live long,
I say Paul - you just aced him!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree folks

Not
1.gif

He shamed us more off court than on it.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
No way...

Good on him. He definately took her by surprise, but when it all comes back to earth I think he would be devoted to her and her to him.

I get the impression he isn''t letting things go to chance.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
he should have kept his mind on tennis! still no title after 28 yrs. because the boy had a ring in his pocket waiting to propose.....
i hope it lasts.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Paul did you use the progressive past tense in mistake for past perfect. I know past perfect is a hard one to get a handle on?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
28th years? He''s only 23, almost 24 years old.

That''s crazy!!

My mom''s a big tennis fan and she was shocked to see Lleyton had another gf already! Boy was she suprised when I told her he''s engaged. Ha!

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
He hasn''t won a major because he doesn''t hit the ball that well. He only wanted to reach the final and have a go. Thats is a lot more then I could do.

Fair play to him, I say

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
he''s ranked #3!!! he should of had a go!

zdrastvootya

Shiny_Rock
Actually, he''s won the US Open and Wimbledon previously, so he has 2 majors under his belt.

No Australian man has won the Aussie Open in 17 years. He was trying to be the first since Pat Cash.

Z.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
pat cash made the finals in ''88, but did not win. ......hasn''t been a homeboy to win the australian open since ''76.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think will last longer? Lleyton''s second engagement or Brittney Spears second marraige??
31.gif
(sorry, couldn''t resist!)

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Sparkster - you are such a cynic!

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
He did win some majors, yeah and he was ranked no# 1 for ages too, but he wins by firing up on the important points and he meticulously works on his opponents weeknesses.

He was a sort of child prodigy surviving against bigger men with better skills by using his unusual pace around the court, and like the terrier he is, dogedly attacking the ball with decent unexpected returns from all around the court. I bet that can be pretty unerving.

I am pretty sure he is under pressure to mature his game. Note his new muscles. I think he went out on centre court to beat Safin with his own game, rather then beat Safin at his game.

Bec Cartright is a pretty increadible catch even for a star tennis player. He no doubt knows how offputting his lawnmower and fist pumping ''come on'' is, so he needs all the help he can get. I think his $200k Tiffany ring was a bargain. Unlike Brittany Spears both of these people have their heads together. They both come from good families and I don''t see a problem with the short courting and I hope they get married soon. Lucky guy...

I hope...

Perhaps he will have less to be angry about!

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Tennis and soapy stars who are trying to start a singing career always seem to go so well together. As one cynical friend of mine said "think she''s trying to be Mandy Moore?

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 4:21:31 PM
Author: Sparkster
What do you think will last longer? Lleyton''s second engagement or Brittney Spears second marraige??
31.gif
(sorry, couldn''t resist!)
I believe the resurgance of leg warmers as a fashion statement will last longer that BS''s 2nd marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results