shape
carat
color
clarity

Liz Taylor's jewelry

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still kicking myself for not going to LA before the auction of pieces from her jewelry collection (2011 maybe) to see the pieces displayed.

What is your favorite piece? Upload a pic and tell us why! I thought this would be fun.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would have been fabulous to see some of her jewelry in person. I'd have to say my favorite is the Krupp Diamond. I am a total sucker for step cut diamonds and this one is fabulous!

krupp-diamond-famous-jewelr.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that one is especially gorgeous!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I look at some of my jewels I realize what a very lucky girl I am. Sometimes I wonder what will become of everything, because just like the Duchess of Windsor’s collection, they will all be up for auction one day. They will be scattered to the four corners of the world, and I hope that whoever buys each piece loves it as much as I do and takes care of it and realizes that having jewelry is a temporary gift. In truth, we ‘owners’ are just the caretakers. Nobody owns beautiful paintings. Nobody ever owns anything this beautiful. We are only the guardians...

You can’t cry on a diamond’s shoulder, and diamonds won’t keep you warm at night. But they’re sure fun when the sun shines.”

Elizabeth Taylor
My Love Affair with Jewelry

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, I just loved Liz.
She was a woman after my own heart.
Of course who doesn't love the Taylor-Burton diamond, at 69.42 carats?
Well, I have her book "My Love Affair with Jewelry" and it is literally falling apart, I have looked at it so much!
A photo in the book shows bangle bracelets with antique coins. I really took inspiration from these pieces, and made myself a pendant from an ancient coin. I loved the simple frame idea, so I reproduced it in sterling.
I took a photo of my necklace on the page.
The coin I used dates to the 4th century. IMG_20170709_200624212_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would have been fabulous to see some of her jewelry in person. I'd have to say my favorite is the Krupp Diamond. I am a total sucker for step cut diamonds and this one is fabulous!

krupp-diamond-famous-jewelr.jpg

@marcy that is my absolute fave too. I can't even imagine wearing something like that on a regular basis. I think I would pass out...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't have said no to her Emeralds :love:. Can you imagine trying to match them all for this suite?

IMG_1868.PNG

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Krupp Diamond is my favorite. I've seen it in person a few times, and no picture will ever do it justice.

lizkrupp2.jpg

liz.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'd need a giant sapphire on the other hand to act as a counter weight. :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love those emeralds. Fabulous color.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The La Peregrina pearl has to be my favorite for its provenance and the mystery surrounding it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4644.PNG She had so many stunning diamond pieces that it would truly be impossible to choose just one. Maybe that's why the piece I remember most vividly is one that doesn't have any diamonds at all. When I read her jewelry book, I fell in love with the necklace made of antique ivory opera tokens. Actually, I probably fell in love with the tokens more than the necklace itself - LOL! - if I actually had the chance to own this lovely piece, I would probably have the tokens reset onto a longer necklace using slightly more ornate links. But then again, maybe not… There's a romance attached to The tokens, but also to the fact that this was one of ELizabeth Taylor's favorite pieces.

By the way, I seem to recall that one lucky PS'er decided to purchase Elizabeth Taylor's jewelry book while in her store in Beverly Hills, and ended up with a book personally autographed by Elizabeth Taylor! I was so glad she posted about her experience because that's how I learned about this book, and eventually I did get a copy for myself.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMG_4644.PNG She had so many stunning diamond pieces that it would truly be impossible to choose just one. Maybe that's why the piece I remember most vividly is one that doesn't have any diamonds at all. When I read her jewelry book, I fell in love with the necklace made of antique ivory opera tokens. Actually, I probably fell in love with the tokens more than the necklace itself - LOL! - if I actually had the chance to own this lovely piece, I would probably have the tokens reset onto a longer necklace using slightly more ornate links. But then again, maybe not… There's a romance attached to The tokens, but also to the fact that this was one of ELizabeth Taylor's favorite pieces.

By the way, I seem to recall that one lucky PS'er decided to purchase Elizabeth Taylor's jewelry book while in her store in Beverly Hills, and ended up with a book personally autographed by Elizabeth Taylor! I was so glad she posted about her experience because that's how I learned about this book, and eventually I did get a copy for myself.
I am in total agreement with you, this was a piece I was contemplating but when I saw the numbers move I understood normal people were out of the loop. I believe it went for over $300k? But I agree, this necklace was a certain unique...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the show in LA. I loved it! I remember the initial price on that token necklace was pretty reasonable. I am surprised it went for over $300K. That is amazing. I took a ton of photos. I am not sure I kept any of them. I think it was three phones ago, LOL and it was the first day I had the new phone. So weird I remember that. My DH surprised me with that for my birthday. Her jewelry was the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen in my life.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this whole look:

FullSizeRender.jpg

She was such a beautiful woman.
So comfortable in her own skin.
She wore those breath-taking jewels with such ease and made it seem so natural, as if they were a part of her - which, I guess, they truly were.

Rather like wearing a dress as opposed to the dress wearing you.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I look at some of my jewels I realize what a very lucky girl I am. Sometimes I wonder what will become of everything, because just like the Duchess of Windsor’s collection, they will all be up for auction one day. They will be scattered to the four corners of the world, and I hope that whoever buys each piece loves it as much as I do and takes care of it and realizes that having jewelry is a temporary gift. In truth, we ‘owners’ are just the caretakers. Nobody owns beautiful paintings. Nobody ever owns anything this beautiful. We are only the guardians...

You can’t cry on a diamond’s shoulder, and diamonds won’t keep you warm at night. But they’re sure fun when the sun shines.”

Elizabeth Taylor
My Love Affair with Jewelry

I've read this quote before, and I love it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have her book,"My Love Affair with Jewelry", and I recommend it for all PSers! I haven't taken the time to read all the text yet, but I will. I guess her collection is about as close to a royal collection for an American. Really incredible!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I also have her book,"My Love Affair with Jewelry", and I recommend it for all PSers! I haven't taken the time to read all the text yet, but I will. I guess her collection is about as close to a royal collection for an American. Really incredible!
Hi diamondseeker2006, read it you would definitely enjoy and I would warmly recommend reading this book to any jewelry enthusiast.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I too am a fan of her Krupp diamond ring and yellow and white diamond earrings. But if you can't get hold of the book, you can watch the British documentary on the jewels in the auction
I have to say this is one of my favorite jewellery documentaries.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered it the other day! Should be here soon

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm trying to convince my boss to get the book back from his MIL. She doesn't even care about it. Keep your fingers crossed.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just thought people might be interested to know that apparently David Klass' father cut a bunch of her diamonds. How's that for trivia?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results