shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW to be LIW-itis??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Ok girls, I don''t know what is going on!! I know when I first came here to PS I said I was waiting to get on the list because I told BF that I don''t want anything to happen until after I finished grad school... but I CANNOT stop thinking about it now! I blame it ALL on PS. Dreams about sparkly rings, dreams about a proposal.. everything related to proposals. ARGHH!!!

The worst part is the way BF is acting. The other night he was joking around about how he can''t wait to get me a mood ring for an engagement ring so he will know how to proceed in the future based on my mood (and I am SOO not that moody.. he''s just had bad experiences with exes and is convinced girls change after marriage
38.gif
based on what he sees with friends)!! Then he started asking about what I *really* wanted.. I told him to ask me again when he''s really ready to pick out a ring because I think I know, but I won''t really know until I try rings on. So last night, he''s at my house and he sees my class ring that I wear everyday.. so he does the whole "I want to see how small it is on my finger..oh look it fits my pinky perfectly.."
31.gif

I still have a year and a half left but I''m like ok is he saving/looking/researching??? He is clearly thinking about it and he is ALWAYS talking about getting married and all that.. I''m not quite ready to be like "here is my little file with all of my pictures! and here are links to good stores!! and here is prisescope where you can read and ask questions!" I think he might get scared!!

So how do I *stop* focusing on all of this?? I just can''t help it! I don''t think I want a wedding (ok maybe like a 10 person wedding) so I can''t even shift my focus to that..
33.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
any hobbies you can crazily throw yourself into?

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Grad school and part time work (aka no money) keep me from having many hobbies at the moment.. But a girl can only do so much studying before her mind starts to wander..

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
exercising, cooking/baking with what you have, knitting/crocheting, reading a laundry list of books from the library, sketching, crafts using junk you''ve got around your house are all pretty inexpensive, and besides if you practice calligraphy and paper making you''ll be able to make your own invites and such with relative ease.

cleaning would be an activity i need to do. asap.
23.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I guess I do have hobbies.. LOL I work out.. and bake too much..which leads to more working out! There is always plenty of cleaning to be done.. especially with three dogs in my house! Unfortunately that doesn''t get my mind off of it all!

And there will be NO handmade invites at my wedding.. I''ve done that enough for everyone else''s wedding which is part of why I don''t even want a wedding! And no, I won''t make my friends do that.. I''m over it all! Unless NakedFinger wants to come to TX
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
sparkly- It happens to us LIWs from time to time. What I try to do is avoid the SMTR area (that gets me to stop looking at sparklies) and sometimes just trying to divert myself into thinking about something else. The beginning of last month I got the whole engagement/wedding itch LIWitis but I figured it was due to the wedding season. So yes, I looked at gowns, rings, venues and then I let it go (for the most part
27.gif
) It''s hard to let go though when you think about it often.

I myself am not getting engaged just yet but a girl sometimes can''t help but not daydream about the man she wants to marry and how that will all play out! I say try to distract yourself with other things. I know that sounds easier said than done. It is rather hard. But just try lol Oh, and if that doesn''t work then don''t feel too guilty dabbling in the world of engagment/wedding stuff. It''s ok to indulge once and a while!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 5:50:45 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
sparkly- It happens to us LIWs from time to time. What I try to do is avoid the SMTR area (that gets me to stop looking at sparklies) and sometimes just trying to divert myself into thinking about something else. The beginning of last month I got the whole engagement/wedding itch LIWitis but I figured it was due to the wedding season. So yes, I looked at gowns, rings, venues and then I let it go (for the most part
27.gif
) It''s hard to let go though when you think about it often.

I myself am not getting engaged just yet but a girl sometimes can''t help but not daydream about the man she wants to marry and how that will all play out! I say try to distract yourself with other things. I know that sounds easier said than done. It is rather hard. But just try lol Oh, and if that doesn''t work then don''t feel too guilty dabbling in the world of engagment/wedding stuff. It''s ok to indulge once and a while!
Who would do such a thing??

Hi, my name is sparklyheart and I''m a pricescopeaholic.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol I do it when I''ve got LIWitis or sometimes even when I don''t because it GIVES ME LIWitis you see.....

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
nakedfinger might not, but i''ll be going to texas in a month
25.gif

and well if hobbies don''t do it for you, well um hypnosis?
19.gif
hehe
i too am a pricescopeaholic. sigh. tomorrow i will get my behind out of this room, i swear...

and i''m not really taking my mind off of it, but i''m updating err creating a wardrobe (other than jeans and tees) since i''m no longer going to be a college student as of december. and well you know i''ll need something to wear in all those pics i''ll be posting up here eventually
31.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
What are you coming to TX for? And what part? It''s hotter than h*** here right now, so be ready!!

That''s exciting though that you''re almost done with school! There definitely are different wardrobe requirements for the real world.
31.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i''ll be heading to san angelo to visit my boy
30.gif
and i''ll be on pricescope for most of two of the days i''m there since he''ll be in class all day

hotter than h e double hockey sticks i can do. colder than that, nope (i don''t retain body heat well, great for people who sit close to me in the winter, me on the other hand, not so much)

i will be thrilled to stop paying my nonexistent money to school. right up until my loan payments start. i have to do my senior recital this semester too. boo.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
OMG I understand completely. I feel like I''m obsessed. If he KNEW how much research I''ve done on rings, places to get married, cakes, etc. he would freak out. His mom even drove me around to a couple of pretty spots near their house two hours from here last time we visited them. She''s as excited as I am!

I''ve been working a lot lately so that has helped to get me refocuses. I''m also a neat freak so I''ve been doing big cleaning projects around the house to keep me off the computer so I don''t look at more rings :)

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yikes! Totally understand! I was obsessed too!!!! STILL AM!!! I have the ring of my dreams on my finger and its like haveing PS to go! Sheesh, sometimes people will be talking to me and I''ll be staring at my ring in different light! Sorry to say, once obsessed with these beautiful sparkly gems its nearly impossible to get cured! Good luck!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results