shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Newbie Intro!!!!

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Hey y'all!!

I am a new LIW (finally!) and have already answered the refresher questionnaire but I wanted to go ahead and more formally introduce myself. So, I'm 29, my SO is 33 and we've been living together for 9 years (I know)! We have a 7 month old baby boy (born on the fourth of July) who is the center of our world.

I've wanted to get married for at least 5 years now but he just wasn't ready. I gave him ultimatums, I threw tantrums, cried, and contemplated leaving many, many times but I just couldn't do it. He is the most honest and caring person I've ever met. He's thoughtful and silly and supportive. Eventually, I resigned myself to the idea that if I was going to be married, it wouldn't be to him. So I haven't let myself think about the possibility for a while.

Well, last year, after our son was born we began to broach the subject again, and to my surprise he was totally game for getting married! He actually says he wants the stability and certainty that marriage brings! And he's super excited about his proposal which will be a surprise. He says it's going to be unique (EEEKK :appl: )!

Part of me keeps waiting for the other shoe to drop, so I keep asking him if he's sure but I don't think he's going to change his mind. We've talked about the kind of wedding we'd like (outdoors, May, small) and we've discussed a budget (extremely limited so it'll be a real DIY affair) and he still isn't running for the hills! :bigsmile:

I'm completely taken with the Tiffany Round Brilliant Ribbon Ring but it's way out of our budget. I've received a lot of assistance and support in my ring search from other PSers so we'll be getting a replica e-ring. I have big hands and fingers so I'd like at least a .70ct center stone. I really don't want to spend much more than $1500 though so I guess we'll have to just see but I have seen some very good settings in the $600-$900 range and some acceptable stones in the $800 range so I'm thinking it's doable :???:

Also, I'm trying to lose at least 100 lbs. before the wedding May 24, 2014 so I'll have to keep you guys updated on that.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome officially!! You sound like you guys are heading the right direction soon. Sometimes a child can certainly click on the switch in a guy to think "oh yeah this really is the real deal. I need to step up my game!!" That's how my friend described it with her now husband when her nephew was born. Very excited for you!!

The ribbon ring sounds lovely. I can't recall, did you already post on RT asking for help? I think I remember seeing a thread on there recently so that may have been you, apologies if it was. Are you open to searching on eBay or preloved stones?

Great weight loss goal! We have a great support system here in the thread stickied up top. Good luck!! :wavey:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to LIW! :wavey:

I enjoyed reading your story, and I'm really excited for you! I've lurked your thread in RT and you've got some great helpers, you are going to wind up with something really beautiful!

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply! With a budget as meager as ours, we're leaving no stone unturned so ebay and preloved are certainly welcome!

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Chewbacca|1362001280|3392047 said:

I enjoyed reading your story, and I'm really excited for you! I've lurked your thread in RT and you've got some great helpers, you are going to wind up with something really beautiful!

Thanks for the reply! With a budget as meager as ours, we're leaving no stone unturned so ebay and preloved are certainly welcome!

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Chewbacca|1362001280|3392047 said:

Thanks for the positive energy! I think we'll end up with something worth showing off ;))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I just took a peek and you were who I thought posted that recent thread on the Ribbon inspired setting! I like the Stuller ame found for you. Hopefully your SO is agreeable with that as well! I will see if I can dig anything up for you this afternoon ::)

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
pandabee|1362058005|3392515 said:
I just took a peek and you were who I thought posted that recent thread on the Ribbon inspired setting! I like the Stuller ame found for you. Hopefully your SO is agreeable with that as well! I will see if I can dig anything up for you this afternoon ::)

I appreciate it!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ms_Lovely I finally clicked through some of the links in your other thread, guess it is just your preference on whether you want the ribbon to hug your center stone or if you like the prong-set center and the ribbon closer to the band.

hugging (and I believe more similar to the T&Co version): http://www.25karats.com/enr/style/view/2236-designer-inspired-ribbon-pave-set-diamond-ring-0-35-ct-tw-.html $951 (14k)
prong-set (IDJ has one similar price range but with milgrain so I thought that would be a neat detail, plus they are really good with working in budgets): http://www.uniondiamond.com/control/showJewelryDetails?productId=JEN10045W&jewShapeVal=&rbStep= $849 (14k)

Not sure if you are still aiming for ~0.7cts but that can be a separate search! I think with one of these settings, that could definitely work ::)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
WELCOME!

The T&Co ribbon ring is beautiful! I have a tiff addiction myself :naughty:

i love the stuller one as well for a replica!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! May your stay be short and sweet! :wavey:

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link! I'm getting super excited because he got his tax refund today :appl:

The plan is to give him all of the links I've found and let him make the final choice as to which option/stone/size/metal to go with--that way I can still be surprised when I see the ring! I still don't know when he's planning to pop the :?: Part of me wants it to be in front of an audience of some sort (after 9 years a girl kind of wants a public declaration :lol: ). However, I think there's something special about a private proposal. I'm going to send him an email with all of the options this weekend! I hope he doesn't keep me waiting too long :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results