shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW-itis

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
Eeek!

So, I think I may be suffering from some LIW-itis! I'm getting ahead of the actual situation. We decided to put looking for a ring on hold til after our vacation in mid-June. We came to this decision for two reasons 1) WHEN I do find a ring--- bf doesn't want for my ring to hold us back from having a good time while we are gone due to finances being tied up. 2) I'm just getting discouraged-- I look at ring after ring-- and nothing "compares" to the one that I saw that is too costly. --- When he suggested this- I was kinda bummed... I kinda thought that maybe on vacation was when we'd get engaged... I guess not. Oh well... It'll come- I'm not stressed about that.

That being said- I have been thinking/dreaming wedding like CRAZY! I'm getting ready to be off for the next 10 wks-- SO I know it's only going to get worse. I'm not really "planning"--- but just getting some ideas in place. We are paying for everything ourselves... and are on a TIGHT budget-- So I'm comparing prices and just trying to get a feel of what all we can afford... and with the kind of time off I have... it seems like Prime wedding planning time. BUT, I don't want to without the ring! So I'll start looking at stuff... and it'll turn into an all evening thing. I'm going to start timing it and allowing for only 30 minutes/day.

Ahhh... Need more ways to cope!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly how you feel! I don't want to plan anything until I'm engaged but I still like to look and get ideas. Before I know it, I've been looking for hours :shock:. Lately to get my mind off of it I've been cleaning and rearranging the house and it's helped some to keep my mind off of it. Maybe you can try something like that? Good luck and I hope it comes sooner than you think!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
new ways to cope ... hmm. One that has been fairly successful for me is focusing on growing my nails! This sounds odd I am sure but my nails DO NOT GROW. They stay all short and stubby and terrible looking and I am petrified of engagement photos with them. LOL. So, whenever I start getting LIWitis-y I go to Sally beauty and try a new "cure" for cruddy nails. haha, ridiculous but it gives me another focus for my LIWitis instead of rings and flowers, venues and guest lists.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, bringing this thread up again as I am on a struggle street a little bit with my LIW-itis.

It is so difficult. I have been waiting 6 months now, we've had the ring for 6 months :( arghhh!

Last night my darling SO was saying something about how my last name would be changing soon and I felt like saying no don't say that because you get my hopes up but I bit my tongue.

Any tips ladies? How do you cope?

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Oh mif, I'm sorry it hasn't happened yet. I would ask your boyfriend not to make little comments about it happening soon if that's not the case. I hope it will be soon and your enormous rock is on your finger soon.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mif_|1306978666|2935843 said:
Ladies, bringing this thread up again as I am on a struggle street a little bit with my LIW-itis.

It is so difficult. I have been waiting 6 months now, we've had the ring for 6 months :( arghhh!

Last night my darling SO was saying something about how my last name would be changing soon and I felt like saying no don't say that because you get my hopes up but I bit my tongue.

In the same boat here mif. Last night SO got back from traveling but not until late. We were about to sleep and he said he loved me and I made a comment that I have him hook line and then I stopped and said, well I don't have you hook line and sinker but I have you. To that he said, no you have me hook line and sinker. I said yes I know this but the rest of the world doesn't. To that he said they will "soon." I've come to hate that word "soon" because I swear in man language and women language SOON is two totally different things. The last time he said "soon" was on our anniversary trip in Feb which is 3 months ago.

All in all I'm not really worried about it. I'm happier then I've ever been in my life and quite frankly with or without a ring. Of course I can't wait to get engaged and marry the love of my life but I also don't want to worry so much about when/how that I miss out on the beautiful Canadian (short) summer. Although if I had to guess it will probably be done before July...maybe Aug.

How do I cope? I just try not to put so much meaning onto changing the title of our relationship. I love him and he loves me and we just want to be together. The details will work themselves out in due time and I'm just enjoying being with him and building our relationship and making memories. I think sometimes it's really easy to get caught up in the "engagement and wedding'' fever bc of the wave of "must" that the media/society has implied is important and forget how to relax and just enjoy the moment. I've missed out on so much of my life bc I didn't enjoy the moments I was in bc I was to busy planning ahead of the very next thing.

Good luck ladies! I'd really like to see some movement in the top 20 0r 30 this summer so lets hope our men tie us all down :tongue: ::)

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
jespere|1306248945|2929089 said:
new ways to cope ... hmm. One that has been fairly successful for me is focusing on growing my nails! This sounds odd I am sure but my nails DO NOT GROW. They stay all short and stubby and terrible looking and I am petrified of engagement photos with them. LOL. So, whenever I start getting LIWitis-y I go to Sally beauty and try a new "cure" for cruddy nails. haha, ridiculous but it gives me another focus for my LIWitis instead of rings and flowers, venues and guest lists.
I found with each pregnancy I had these AMAZING nails and so when I want/need to grow mine, I buy pregnancy vitamins and voila...lovely nails in 10 days!

If the with iron formula makes you ill, try them without iron or low iron.

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Very well said vintagelover, I've managed to pull myself out of a few LIW ruts reminding myself that I should be enjoying my time. Unfortunately for me it's also short lived. I then I just have to remind myself again and the cyle continues :p.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Ladies,

I have suddenly realised this too, even before I read your posts :) So that's good. I think I just need to constantly remind myself that we love each other and before I know it, it will have happened! *DUST* to all!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to get excited but I may have some news.... :naughty:

My SO always calls twice a day when he's at work and I'm at home (yes...every day for over a year I get phone calls at home and I LOVE them despite the teasing I get from other people :rolleyes: ) and we discuss our day/etc on the phone. We have been very aggressively paying down our debt and are officially over the half way point for our biggest credit card (once that's paid off we only have ~10k combined worth of student loans left!) and the CC should be paid off by the end of the summer at the latest. This phone call we were talking about immigration/debt repayment/etc and my student loan comes to term in Oct (meaning have to start paying on it) but we are planning on paying the total sum all at once. Anyways we were talking about that stuff and I mentioned immigration stuff (I have a car that we'll be bringing up and other legal things that we'll need advising on soon enough) and he made a comment that we'll probably be engaged "long before the CC is paid off." Well during that SAME conversation he told me the plans to pay the CC off are no later then the END of this summer (we've been paying at MIN. 1k on the CC per month, closer to 1500 sometimes even 2k which has meant not going out/etc bc it all is going to debt repayment which is a good thing IMO).

We have plans to go to Niagara with my dad (the wine region and staying the night to see it light up...if you haven't seen it it's beautiful!) and perhaps it might happen there :bigsmile:

Anyways I don't want to get to excited (must focus on other things, must focus on other things! lol) but I just thought I'd share! It looks like the longest time line from when I thought we'd get engaged (I thought back in Feb. on our anniversary but I guess that was to predictable lol) will be the end of Aug but or maybe even this month (doubtful I'm thinking either when Dad is up here or shortly there after, so mid-July).

Anyways back to your regular scheduled programming. ::)

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
Sparkly_Not_Gaudy said:
jespere|1306248945|2929089 said:
I found with each pregnancy I had these AMAZING nails and so when I want/need to grow mine, I buy pregnancy vitamins and voila...lovely nails in 10 days!

If the with iron formula makes you ill, try them without iron or low iron.

Wow. What an amazing idea! THANKS! I'll try that or at least research what it is about the vitamins that contribute!!

THANKYOU!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
vintagelover229|1307029774|2936245 said:
mif_|1306978666|2935843 said:

To that he said they will "soon." I've come to hate that word "soon" because I swear in man language and women language SOON is two totally different things. The last time he said "soon" was on our anniversary trip in Feb which is 3 months ago.

I just wanted to reply to this even though I'm a little late. BF says things will happen "soon" ALL THE TIME! I think I have come to figure out that "soon", in his mind, means anywhere from tomorrow to 8 months. Whereas in my mind 8 months is FOREVER!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results