shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW, help me decide!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I posted a couple of weeks a go regarding a stone my BF was given. It was his g-mother''s stone in her engagement ring. Anyway, love the stone and am sending it in to have it set in a Ritani''s Endless Love setting. The only thing is.....

I can''t decide which one. Have any of you ever seen this Ritani in person?? I can''t find it anywhere in NYC.

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=90278&iPos=18&sSQL=adGetJewelry+%27RG%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%271621%27%2C%2D1%2C%2D1%2CNull%2CNull%2C%27ASC%27

Or, I''m going with this one.... Decisions decisions!

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=78964&iPos=16&sSQL=adGetJewelry+%27RG%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%271621%27%2C%2D1%2C%2D1%2CNull%2CNull%2C%27ASC%27

Help!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. I had never seen that first one either.. Its very pretty, but I really think I like the second one best. I just think that it will highlight your center stone, where all the rows of pave might take away from it.. sort of like the old fashioned ring where you hardly notice the center stone because of all the other things going on in the ring.

kbling

Rough_Rock
Hi Morticia,

I strongly recommend trying on these settings before having the ring made. I fell in love with the Ritani Endless love (well a picture of it online, anyhow)...and then I finally got to try one on in person and felt totally different about it. It is a beautiful setting, but it seemed "light" to me, if that makes any sense. It''s all personal preference of course. I thought I liked a lot of settings that I had seen pictures of until I saw them in person.

I tried on the Ritani at Bailey Banks and Biddle here in Boston...they have a store in the Garden State Plaza (that''s close to NYC, right?)

I''ve seen some gorgeous rings on this site and they have one very similiar to the Ritani you are looking at...it''s called the "Halo"...just for comparison: http://www.denatale.com/Catalog/Browse/Bridal/Engagement_Rings/ID/133-111-116

Good luck!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kbling,

I''ve tried on the Ritani with the single row of pave and loved it. I just found the one with the double row of pave and thought "Hmmmm......" b/c I thought it might give my ring a little more sparkle. I can''t find anyone in NYC that sells that particular Ritani though, for me to try on.
7.gif

Thanks!
35.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh yeah.. I could be wrong about this.. but I thought I have heard that you can''t have your own stone set in Ritani settings? I thought they come pre-set.

You could always get a replica made though.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MelissaSue,

Ritani will set your stone if it is already mounted. They will not set new stones and you can not send a loose stone into them.

Bizarre.
33.gif

I''m actually going through DBOF for my Ritani.

35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 9:50:24 PM
Author: MelissaSue
oh yeah.. I could be wrong about this.. but I thought I have heard that you can''t have your own stone set in Ritani settings? I thought they come pre-set.

You could always get a replica made though.

I have heard this as well but I do think they will set your stone if it''s a certain size....
20.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one. Oh its going to be gorgeous!!!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Love the second one too!

What are the specs on your stone?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I saw the first one in Birmingham and it didnt lie as well on my hand the second one looked better with the matching bands as well. IMO. Anyway I think which every you go with you will be pleased. When will you be getting it? What does the current ring look like? Pictures? Good Luck!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure about the specs, b/c the stone is really old and we don't have the certificate. Ben took it to an appraiser and was told that it was great color and clarity but he would have to take the stone out of the mounting to weigh it. Ben didn't want to do that b/c he was told that Ritani won't accept the stone unless it's in the mounting.

Right now the stone is in a pendant, around my neck.

We think it's about a carat, which is why we decided to go with the pave around the stone. Adds a little more sparkle.
3.gif

Thanks, ladies! Will post pictures ASAP.
35.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
pictures?

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
Like many of the other girls, I love the second one. Good luck!!! Whichever one you choose, it''ll be great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results