shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW...does your bf know your ring size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Yes.

I made sure a sales associate sized my finger when we were in a jewellery store together (sz 4).

I don''t want the man to have to pay for re-sizing twice.

I noticed he kept trying to compare the circumference of my ringfinger to a corresponding place of the same circumference
on his pinkie

(so I don''t think it was completely unsolicited)

I wouldn''t have if I didn''t already know he was thinking in that direction.

Cheers,

HD

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d be surprised if my husband knew/remembered mine
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
He does now. We just had to take my engagement ring to get resized this morning.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
My other half 'got lucky' when he chose my promise & e-rings and they fit me perfectly. Whether he knows my vital measurements is another matter
9.gif
. He bought me a top once and it fit so I suppose he's good at guessing.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Not quite, but he''s pretty close. I don''t remember my ring size myself, so I guess I can''t beat him about it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Probably not. I didn''t know until 2 weeks ago.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Good question! I believe he does. I know he could certainly jog his memory some or do a little research and find out (look into old purchases, etc). But it makes me wonder if he knows off of the top of his head...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
He''s my fiance now, and no he doesn''t, even though he''s bought me two rings.
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure if he knows the actual size (6.5), but I have a convenient little Tiffany blue book with my name, size, and favorite cuts written into the first page. My friend Claudia at T&Co made it up for me, but I just tucked it into my sock drawer...he knows where to find it if he needs info
2.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Not only does my bf remember my ring size, but he frequently quotes the style number of my dream e-ring... haha, what a keeper
1.gif

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely! We''ve been to a few ring stores & they sized me & wrote it on a card for him.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Yup! I''m basically heading-up the whole ring process, and he gets the need-to-know facts, including ring size.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yes and no. I''m sure it would take him a second to recall the information, but it''s in his head.

He bought my a emerald and diamonds promise ring for our 1 year in 06 that was too big (size 7). We went to the jeweler together and had it sized down (to a 5.75). For an e-ring, I''ll probably want a 6 so that it''s not too tight when I add a w-band.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Of course!!! Since we are going with a full eternity, this was a critical piece of information!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
becuase when we went ring shopping, they all wrote down my size :)

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Yes! The first time we went ring shopping, I was curious to find out my own ring size so I ask the sales lady to measure it for me and bf was standing next to me and he took a mental note of it
5.gif

A month after, I wanted to "re-confirm" so we wandered into T&CO to try on some rings for fun and asked the SA to measure my ring size.

Obviously, we are quite open about it, I really want to get it right so I don''t have to resize my ring
2.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
well mine tried to be sneaky and find it out almost 2 years ago by having his friend''s wife comment on how small my hands were at supper and then conveniently be wearing two different sized rings for me to try on (as in slightly over a whole size difference, and both were on the same finger...)

so after both ended up being far too big, i asked him when we got back to his room if he was trying to figure out my ring size and then ended up sending him my only sized ring (my high school class ring) cause i didn''t know either.

so after over a year of me wondering, i finally stopped by a jeweler''s in the mall and learned it''s 5.5 and informed him of that when we talked about our days that night

he gets points for trying to be sneaky though
9.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
When we visited a diamond store, the lady size my finger right there and told us - I''ve never forgotten it. But he always does!! I''m not sure if he jokes or if he''s just trying to see if he''s right, but if he''s playing with a ring of mine, he tries to fit it on his pinky then guesses it size and compares it to The Ring Finger.

100% fail rate.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yep!
27.gif

killerqueen17

Rough_Rock
Mine does... because I told him!

"Hey, guess what? I found out I''m a size 6 for rings! Isn''t that interesting??"
9.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Mine sort of knows. We walked into a jewelry store together and got my finger sized, but my hands were so clammy from being nervous I think I grossed out the clerk and he sort of pushed the sizer onto my finger real fast and said yep 5.5 and that was that. So I''ll have to get a re-confirmation of that, I think.
9.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 10:54:58 AM
Author: ts44
Mine sort of knows. We walked into a jewelry store together and got my finger sized, but my hands were so clammy from being nervous I think I grossed out the clerk and he sort of pushed the sizer onto my finger real fast and said yep 5.5 and that was that. So I''ll have to get a re-confirmation of that, I think.
9.gif
LOL! I laugh because that''s what happened to me, too. I walk into a jewelry store and my hands instantly begin to sweat and swell!...Jewelry stores are like a used car lot for me. They just freak me out!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance did know my ring size before we got engaged...but I am one of those super-open ladies who never hesitated to ask, "you remember my ring size, right??!!!"

We did also go look at rings on one occasion so we were able to confirm it there.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 12:28:36 PM
Author: Still_Waiting

Date: 6/10/2009 10:54:58 AM
Author: ts44
9.gif
LOL! I laugh because that''s what happened to me, too. I walk into a jewelry store and my hands instantly begin to sweat and swell!...Jewelry stores are like a used car lot for me. They just freak me out!

It was truly funny because my feet started to sweat too. Like, bad. I told my boyfriend I''m sorry for being gross! My boyfriend said it''s ok, my hands are sweating too but he doesn''t have to touch mine, just your gross sweaty ones. He''s so sweet.
3.gif
I actually got a ring sizer from overstock.com when I ordered a cute little RHR from them about a year ago to celebrate getting a new job, I have to figure out where that sucker went and then I don''t have to worry about the Clammy Hands Syndrome.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Mine Does, and i firgured out a cute cleaver way to let him know. Last weekend, C and I met up with of our married friends, and i was commenting on her ring, and i asked her her size and tried on her ring, and i always wear rings, and said here, try mine on, i wear a size 8.5 but i think i could fit a 8. Now i conviently said all of this while C was standing close by. THAN, when we were in the car, i brought up how i didnt like things on her ring and what i like, and even how big her ring was and how i think a 8 would be a perfect fit for me. LoL.....see, cleaver hinter i am. LoL....O and by the way, her ring was a size 13!!! yes 13...and it was tight!
32.gif

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
cute thread!!!! love how all the FF are trying to be tricky! B knew mine better than me! my first ring from him was a little 0.20ct solitaire that he bought online (he buys everything online - even toiler paper - which is why i "took the lead" on the more important e-ring!) and he got the size right just by guessing! so ever since then i think it stuck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results