shape
carat
color
clarity

Living Room Window Treatments--thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
gosh, heranderson, that photoshop is awesome. Exactly what I was trying to describe in my post.

I

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Before I start with the shades, here's the other side of the room (and the beefed up frame over the fireplace):

janinelv55.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Here's with the shades Starset suggested:

livrm1234.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
This is the best I could do with your option one the designer suggested to you:
btw, will you be getting a fireplace screen, because I think it would add a lot to the room.

livrm1234567.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Here's the panels with bamboo. I don't think I like it though. I think I would explore cream panels kinda like the ones you already have.

janinelvbamboo2.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I do like the bamboo folded all the way up but that wouldn't really serve it's purpose for you. I do love the long panels and I would go with a more matte/linen material because there are some shiny fabrics in the room already. Just don't do cotton because I think that would read too casual. I think with items like a fireplace screen, perhaps a tiny table next to the wing etc, I think you'll get the oomph you're looking for.

janinelvbamboo3.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks herr, you are so sweet to do that!

I still prefer the panels, although in the last shot it does look a little crowded. Not so sure about the bamboo shades now that I "see" them. My 2nd choice are the balloon valances, they look pretty decent!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh and since this photo was taken we did put in a fireplace screen/door. We are also redoing the surrounding black brick--will be black marble instead...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results