shape
carat
color
clarity

Little Dix Bay, gorgeous spot for a vacation or honeymoon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We literally just walked in the door from our trip to Little Dix Bay resort on Vigin Gorda. It was just a lovely spot, white sugar sand beach, crystal turquoise water, and perfect weather all week. Bougainvilla and palm trees, little huts on the beaches, it was so idylic... We went with our kids but I think it could be a great honeymoon spot as well. I will try to get some pictures to Irina, but since it is Xmas eve I will wait. We just were very taken with the beauty of the spot...there are a couple of resorts there, Biras Creek and the Bitter End Yachting Club, which we also heard were nice. You pretty much have to take a short ferry ride, on the LIttle Dix resort ferry, right to the dock of the resort from Tortola, but even with three kids it was not that bad! Anyway, just wanted to share if anyone was contempleting a honeymoon spot or trip...pictures to follow...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
df_DSC01499.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks both of you!

I cannot believe I woke up there this morning...and now I am home in the less than warm weather to a houseful of dirty laundry!! It is just a stunning spot.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome!!! Glad you had a great vacay. Kind of reminds me of the place we go to in Antigua. I have a friend that works at The Bitter End Yacht Club, but have never been there. Your pics are great. What I would do to be there now.... I agree it would be a great spot for a honeymoon.
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place - thanks for sharing Diamondfan! Wish I was there!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have so many pictures, each one is like a post card. We had a great time, relaxed, did a lot of nothing with the kids...I think they had fun swimming, snorkeling, deep sea fishing...playing on the beach...I would love to have stayed another week but dh had to get back, and so here we are!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful DiamondFan, thanks for sharing! Hmmm....will have to mention to Dh this spot! He promised me if I moved here (Chicago) instead of FL when we first met that he''d take me somewhere warm every winter....Jamaica and Mexico are getting old, LOL!
35.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Those pictures are so lovely. We rented a house once on Beef Island, which is connected to Tortola. YOur pictures remind me of that vacation. I love that entire area. Virgin Gorda and Tortola were so laid back, we have always wanted to go back, but never have. One of these days....

DF, glad you had a relaxing time. (BTW, love your eternity band!)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

Ann, this is a bit more remote since you have to get there by ferry...I got conflicting info about an airport on Virgin Gorda, I heard there is a tiny one and then I heard there are none, but I did see little prop type planes flying into the area.

It was so lovely there...a bit of light rain, and otherwise gorgeous every single day. I took a ton of photos. We were in a villa on top of a ridge right above the resort itself and the view of the bay from our room was not to be believed. The yachts and boats each day looked so amazing in the clear light blue green water...and now I am home in the dreary Philly rain...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Did you guys go down to the beach that has all the boulders you have to walk through to get to the beach? It is known for its fine snorkeling. I love, love that beach. We were very fortunate to be there one day when it was almost ours alone.
Can''t remember an airport there, we took a boat over from Tortola. We had a house on Beef Island, "The Gut" or something like that. I think an attorney fron Philly owned it! We were there with some close friends from Philly. The view we had of Drake''s Passage was stunning.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are referring to The Baths...we went on a snorkel trip our last day, the hotel brought us over and we jumped out right near those rocks. It is supposed to be a stunning landmark. I loved the area, we had a tiny scorpion in our house, it was dead but I was not thrilled...we also went deep sea fishing and went past Nekker Island, Virgin Atlantic head Richard Branson''s private island that he rents for over 40,000.00 a day...I think he was there though because his Virgin jet was at the airport when we got there and when we left...He just bought another island called Mosquito Island...how many islands do you need? Plus I would change the name or not expect too many high priced renters!!!

I think our view was of the SIr Francis Drake Channel. There is no rip current and the water is quite calm. Also, it is as warm as a tub, even I could go in easily. I have so many photos of the area but did not want to innudate this thread. I just thought it was so lovely and I have been to a lot of destinations like it, but this one was so special. We ate at a couple island restaurants, one was quite good, and I heard that one of the other resorts, either the Bitter End or Biras Creek, had an incredible restaurant, booked up far in advance...did not get there this time...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, The Baths! The name was escaping me.

Isn''t Necker Island something else. I remember when Princess Di was there and of course Oprah took her crew there.
My neighbors went to Bitter End and they loved it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went by Necker and it was nice, but did not look 40,000.00 a day nice! I snapped some photos of it, there is a neat pagoda type building on the hill...I would have loved to see it more closely but we were flying by in a boat.

I loved looking at the yachts, too...I always thought it would be great to island hop on one...but boy, we went out one day fishing in only 2-3 foot swells and I made hubby tell our captain to head back. The boat was rocking and rolling and pitching, they were laughing because it was so slightly rough to them, but I was literally freaking out. I thought it was going to capsize...and it was a good sized fishing boat, but the motion was awful to me. There went my yacht fantasies...keep me on land for the most part thank you!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
i''M SO EXCITED!!! Thanks so much for the pix and info...This is in the top three for our 5th anniv trip..although it''s getting late and I need to get my act together!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would check out The Bitter End Yacht Club and Biras Creek as well, I love Little Dix too but I would check them all. Just note, it is pretty mellow there...we we there during the busiest time of year and never saw that many people, though they told us the hotel was fully booked...

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Little Dix looks beautiful. more pictures!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Question! Is there ample beach? It looks like there isn't much room to the water and that it's all in the shade? Huby and I are pulling the trigger on our vacation spot this week...This is a contender, but so is The Palms turks and caicos

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the beach is a long crescent and there is sun. there are also tons of other beaches on the island, and the resort will drop you for the day with a picnic lunch...google Virgin Gorda and look at the various beaches, I know there are lots of them and they are stunning for snorkle and for sunbathing...the water is warm and clear (we were only on the Caribbean side though)...def worth checking out, there are two other resorts too that I mentioned, and I think there is plenty of sun...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful there df! We just got back from 2 weeks in Cuba (a pic in my avatar) and I am having withdrawal looking at your wonderful pix!!! lol

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, I am missing it, though it is freakishly warm in the east, so at least I am not up to my butt in snow!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 12:29:37 AM
Author: diamondfan
I know, I am missing it, though it is freakishly warm in the east, so at least I am not up to my butt in snow!
I know what you mean! We arrived back home yesterday to spring like weather, although it is not quite the same as the hot sun! I reassured my son that he did not miss any snow, which he loves. It is sad though, as many ski resorts have had to lay off many people due to lack of the white stuff.

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh, Diamondfan, Little Dix Bay is so beautiful! Your pix look like postcards. We''re still wondering where to go on our honeymoon. We were thinking of going back to Harbour Island in the Bahamas, which sort of looks like your pix. Or renting a villa in St.Barths - someplace lush like that. I''m going to do some research on Little Dix Bay - thanks for posting!

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
...and please post more pics!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fran, I love St. Barths...Le Toiny, Isle de France, the Eden Rock and the Guanahani are all nice, they are not in Gustavia but are great. Le Toiny has no beach, but bungalows with private pools...Great and I mean great shopping, and some great restaurants...in the town there is the Carl Gustav, but I am not sure I would stay in town. We have always liked having a villa with some staff, esp now that have kids, it just works well to have space, and I know there are great rental properties there, but the hotels are also lovely too. How fun to be planning your honeymoon! And from emerald cut girl to another your ring is AMAZING.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have loads if Irina will indulge me...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looks positively dreamy. Your flew direct/nonstop from NY?

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, we actually chartered because there were no good flight options from Philly. We would have had to get to the airport at about 4:30 am on a Sunday because there was a 6:00 am flight and I think we would have had two more changes so I was not in favor of that at all, with three kids during the holidays...Philly airport really stinks especially at the holidays...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results