shape
carat
color
clarity

Lip Stain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a lipstick or lipgloss girl... there''s just something about the feeling of it that bothers me. I love my Burts Bees lip balm, but sometimes I want color, so I''ve been wanting to try lip stain for a while. Since Cover Girl just came out with theirs, and it''s only about $5, I thought I''d give it a try. So far, so good... except it''s a little more red than the pink I thought it was. Still looks okay, and I love that I can''t feel it on!

Does anyone have a favorite lip stain in they would recommend in case the Cover Girl kind doesn''t work out?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Burt''s Bees comes in color. I love papaya!

Vincent Longo makes a good lip stain. Find it at Sephora.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 12:29:17 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Burt''s Bees comes in color. I love papaya!

Vincent Longo makes a good lip stain. Find it at Sephora.
I''ve tried their colored balms, but I never really found a color I loved. I wish I had though, because I would wear that everyday!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I like The Balm''s lip/cheek stain.

It''s pretty cheap, only $15.00. And comes in a limited number of shades, only 3 I think.

I like it because it doesn''t instantly dry. Some people fear stains because once it''s on...it''s on. So, if they make a mistake, like overrun their lip line, it''s there until it wears off. But with Stainiac, it takes a minute or two before it sets up..so you can remove anything you don''t want there.

Here is a link:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P104014&categoryId=B70

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to have a lip stain.. I think it was Maybelline and they give you a gloss/balm thingy to go over the top. I ended up using the balm more than the stain.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Benefit is my favourite, for lips and especially cheeks!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I only use lipstains and these are ones I use:
Bourjois Lip Stain(my favorite but discontinued, I buy them on amazon and ebay)
Benefit Benetint
Benefit Posy Tint - shows up on my cheeks, not so much my lips
Tarte-gel
Lorac-rollerball liquid

I love something you can use for blush and lip color and that lasts a long time.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple Almay long-lasting lip colors I use, but I usually use them pretty sparingly. I like that I can just put the balm on top of them.

I was really excited to try the Benefit stains, but they actually really hurt my lips! My lips were nice and red, but it was from swelling and irritation
8.gif
. I''d suggest trying any lip stain in very small doses at first--it really sticks and can be quite painful to get off if you do react to it.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wear lip stain (or actually anything) on my lips. My lips are too full and therefore chap easily--all lipstain does is highlight how chapped they are. It''s not pretty.
14.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 4:20:37 PM
Author: luckystar112
I can''t wear lip stain (or actually anything) on my lips. My lips are too full and therefore chap easily--all lipstain does is highlight how chapped they are. It''s not pretty.
14.gif
Luckystar, have you tried Aquaphor for your lips? I was recently on Accutane, which gives you incredibly chapped lips as a side effect, and Aquaphor was the only thing that made my lips look less ridiculous and feel better. I would very gently brush my lips with a soft toothbrush at night (morning, too, if necessary), then apply copious amounts of it, then reapply many, many more times during the day. I would put lip gloss over it if I wanted a little color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results