shape
carat
color
clarity

Lip Gloss Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for some good lip-gloss, preferrably tinted, that doesn''t leave little gunky pieces on your lips after an hour or so.....do you know what I mean? My fav glosses are the beauty rush from Vic Secret, but several of them tend to get gunky after awhile. Any thoughts, ladies?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i would go with something not super thick, like MAC lip gelees, tendertones.

i don't actually know what you mean, though. I've heard of other people getting "gunk," but I don't.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2008 5:10:22 PM
Author: JulieN
i would go with something not super thick, like MAC lip gelees, tendertones.

i don''t actually know what you mean, though. I''ve heard of other people getting ''gunk,'' but I don''t.
I haven''t either, are you applying it over powder on your lips or something similar?

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I like MAC Lipglass in Baby, but that does get a bit sticky/tacky over time. The nicest stuff I''ve tried for my lips is Philosophy Kiss Me, in the tinted color - it''s kind of like a raspberry color.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love the CoverGirl 2-sided lipcolor/lipgloss. It stays put, adds color, and doesn''t get gunky.

Also, lipgloss tips 101: Put on a clear chapstick before applying lipgloss. Apply a thin coat of gloss. If you can SEE the gloss, you have on too much and it will ALWAYS end up gunky then.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I just bought three of the new Dior Lip Gloss Show--little pots of color and I absolutley love them. Good staying power, yet not overpowering bright color. Good alone or with lipstick. Sparkley tho....but no gunk!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. I really like mac eye shadows, so perhaps I''ll try some of their gloss.....

i can''t think of a real great way to describe "gunk". I think it only happens with certain brands. But the gloss will look really great when you first put it on, but then when I look in the mirror awhile later, my lips have small pieces of the gloss that has maybe dried out and clumped together.....at first i thought maybe it was just dried skin, but i don''t think that''s the case. if i just wear lipstick alone, i dont have that problem. that being said, I dislike wearing lipstick without any gloss to keep it smooth.

lorelei - nope, no powder or foundation on the lips.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you exfoliate your lips? Or are you possibly dehydrated?

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 6:41:27 PM
Author: JulieN
Do you exfoliate your lips? Or are you possibly dehydrated?
Indeed, I do.
2.gif

That''s why I thought that could be the cause, but no, some serious exfoliation has not alleviated my "gunk".

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you checked out any of the Chanel Glossimers? They''re not sticky (I find MAC ones too sticky) and they last for about an hour even if you drink beverages or eat! There''s many color choices but the best are the ones w/out all the glitter. Also, they''re unscented which I prefer.

CaféHummingbird

Rough_Rock
Dior, Lancome and Shiseido are my staples.

ETA: The gunk, is it white colored and milky looking?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m obsessed with BE Lip Plumpers (Buxom Lips or something like that). They''re thick but don''t get gunky. They DO have a tingle though, so if that''s not you''re thing, you probably won''t like them.

Also love Stila lip glaze.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with MC... love the Chanel Glossimers! I just picked up a couple this evening. They definitely have staying power for a gloss.

It you''re looking for something a bit heavier, then I''d recommend the Bobbi Brown tinted lip gloss. A bit thicker and more color than Chanel.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vincent Longo diamond glosses are nice. Also the newly reformulated Laura Mercier ones are nice and smell like sugar. Chanel is always wonderful.

Fresh Sugar glosses are nice, more sheer, but pretty, and some of the Dior lip addicts are nice as well.

I find I prefer a touch of shimmer, if they are flat or opaque I do not think they are as flattering on me.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 4:46:35 PM
Author: CaféHummingbird
Dior, Lancome and Shiseido are my staples.

ETA: The gunk, is it white colored and milky looking?
No, its just the color of the gloss. Thanks again for the suggestions....I got some MAC lip varnish this aft. so will give that a try and see how it goes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jof, could it be that there are glittery chunks in the gloss, or it is reacting with your lipstick and beading up somehow? I avoid glosses with real chunks of glitter as I hate feeling the pieces on my lip when the gloss has started to evaporate.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 12:33:50 AM
Author: diamondfan
Jof, could it be that there are glittery chunks in the gloss, or it is reacting with your lipstick and beading up somehow? I avoid glosses with real chunks of glitter as I hate feeling the pieces on my lip when the gloss has started to evaporate.
Hmmm...perhaps you are correct on that. Cuz many of the glosses I have, do have some small glittery shimmery thing goin on. And often times I wear lipstick on top of that....

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
Love Chanel glosses! MAC is too sticky for me!

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
Laura Mercier lipgloss does not does not get gunky at all. Great colors too

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I have just one thing to add....

SALLY HANSON (sp?) DIAMOND SHINE LIP TREATMENT (gloss).... IT IS AWESOME....the best feeling gloss out there...I dare you to find better LOL

I'm a lip gloss FREAK...I always have one in my pocket bc keeping in my purse is just too far away LOL....
When they discontinued my fav color, I bought 20 on ebay and keep them in the fridg!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2008 2:46:05 PM
Author: moremoremore
I have just one thing to add....

SALLY HANSON (sp?) DIAMOND SHINE LIP TREATMENT (gloss).... IT IS AWESOME....the best feeling gloss out there...I dare you to find better LOL

I''m a lip gloss FREAK...I always have one in my pocket bc keeping in my purse is just too far away LOL....

When they discontinued my fav color, I bought 20 on ebay and keep them in the fridg!
Was your favorite color in the Diamond Shine Sally Hansen line? I''m curious to try this out now. I myself really like the Stila line of lip products.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It''s been discontinued... and if I tell you I''d have to kill you bc you could buy them all up LOL....
face20.gif

One of the current colors I wear is just a light pinkish brown...I forget the name...It just feels good on the lips...not drying, not sticky..but it stays on...
I have to say it''s my all-time favorite...they have a bunch of colors so totally try it out!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
CLINIQUE "Tenderheart"... natural looking with alot of shine!

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Chanel glossimers. Dior Addict glosses are another fav.

I detest MAC lipglasses, although the lip gelees are not bad.

Nars and Smashbox glosses also wear nicely and don''t go goopey on me.

Good luck!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Mac Plushglass... Can''t live with out it! Espicially in ''Nice Buzz''!! Only thing that stays on for me.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love Origins liquid lip color: http://www.origins.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5724&PRODUCT_ID=PROD95

I only bought two colors but it has this sorta chocolate mint smell and it tingles on your lips. My lips love to get chapped and I can put it on and within a few seconds it completely softens my lips! It's like chapstick and lip gloss all in one. And ithe tube seems to last forever. It does well on my lips too unless I eat or drink, and even then a decent amount of color is still there.

Also I started trying Origins lipsticks as well. I typically hate lipstick because it's too thick, dry, and clumpy but my gosh it just glides on and sooo soft and yummie (the one I have on now is also nice and shiny, not quite a gloss but still nice). I love Origins!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Estee Lauder has lip glosses in a tube. They don''t get gummy.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss . . . very moisturizing, never clumpy/gunky, very sheer color: http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4901&PRODUCT_ID=PROD11908 This stuff will END chapped lips! I teach horseback riding lessons and my lips get pretty chapped in the winter if I don''t use this stuff. But, even if I forget and they get chapped, I can put this on before bed, and they are un-chapped by morning. SERIOUSLY!!!
23.gif

I also like Clinique''s Full Potential Lips Plump & Shine . . . still pretty moisturizing, still not clumpy/gunky (but a little "thicker"), color is still sheer but a little more intense: http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4901&PRODUCT_ID=PROD10559 It does give a tiny bit of tingle when you first put it on . . . I mean tiny, though! Like, you probably wouldn''t even notice it if you weren''t paying attention!
2.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Dont want to be a party pooper but remember to check www.caringconsumer.com before you buy. A lot of the well known brands test their stuff on cute little bunny rabbits. BUt a lot dont and are still great. I like Bobbi Brown and Estee Lauder (the pure colour glosses taste so good - i fear i eat them off my lips sometime!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results