shape
carat
color
clarity

Links of London

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure this is the right place to ask about my new Links of London "Sweetie" bracelet? My cousin and family are visiting from Europe and stayed with us for a weekend and as a thank-you, she gave me a Links of London bracelet and my daughter a purple "Friendship" bracelet. I had never heard of them so I did some research, and can only find one store, a 35 min. drive away that sells them. Does anyone have one? Do you have charms for it? I think I would wear it more without charms. I do like the woven bracelet on my daughter and she's been wearing it almost everyday since she got it. We live out in the burbs and I haven't seen either type out here at all. They came in a black pouch and in an adorable box with ribbon and it reminded me of Tiffany packaging. Are they a newish fad? Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Hi there. I'm from England - immigrated to the US five years ago. Links of London is very well-established in the UK. They sell mainly silver and gold jewelry (they do not really sell fine diamonds/engagement rings) but the point about Links is that many in the UK consider their silver pieces to be a more upmarket, rarer alternative to the Tiffany silver jewelry. The Sweetie range is their iconic one. The Middleton sisters and other wealthy girls who live in Kensington and Chelsea tend to love Links, and in fact Kate Middleton wore Links of London White Topaz Hope Egg earrings in her engagement picture with Prince William. (The picture in which she is wearing the white knee-length dress.) She is often seen wearing these Links earrings. So it's an upscale brand and it's a compliment to receive a Links gift! There are not many stores in the US though, but they do have a great US website. It flips between countries easily so make sure the flag at the top left shows the US flag:

http://www.linksoflondon.com/us-en/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope has plenty of Links of London fans. Sharon (canuk-gal) is one. She mentioned the Sweetie bracelet in a 2011 thread, as a matter of fact! The Gold Thread has many references to Links of London. Some of them are on this page:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-37#post-2811418#p2811418']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-37#post-2811418#p2811418[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the speedy responses. I do now remember reading somewhere about Kate's earrings being Links of London!!
So, when we visit over there, I should probably reciprocate and buy my cousin and her daughter something blingy that is decidedly North American!? I will be definitely posting for ideas from the experts when the time comes. I have some time yet.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one.. my mother purchased at Nordstrom's several years ago.. with one charm a red heart... I don't wear it often as it pulls the hair on my arms :-o and I don't have a lot of hair.. :o but it finds the little ones....

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Another Uk Ps'er here. (Well I was up until June last year. We are in Australia for the next 4 years. :bigsmile: )

Jewellery from Links of London is very sought after. I have lots of there pieces in both silver and gold. The iconic Sweetie bracelet has taken on a life of its own. A bit like Tiffany's, the charms are many and varied and the prices a seemingly limitless :o . I should also warn you, as one who knows, they are very addictive!! ;))

They are very innovative when it comes to design and are normally quite easy to spot as they have quite a distinct style.

You were very lucky to receive such a beautiful gift!! I hope you wear and enjoy it!! :wavey:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irish poster here that loves Links bracelets. They sell them in quite a few stores over here and they have a great name.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
You are right about the potential addictiveness of the charms!! I thought I would prefer to wear the bracelet on its own but after trolling the Links website I may have changed my mind. There are easily 10 charms that I would love to have. And the pricepoint is pretty high. I must start dropping hints to my teenaged offspring (with part-time jobs). :bigsmile: Bithday just passed but Mother's Day is coming up????
My cousin is now an enabler!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imitcan|1328884712|3123143 said:
You are right about the potential addictiveness of the charms!! I thought I would prefer to wear the bracelet on its own but after trolling the Links website I may have changed my mind. There are easily 10 charms that I would love to have.

I really must mention that if you start to add charms, we will expect pictures in the traditional charm bracelet thread!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-traditional-charm-bracelets.134071/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-traditional-charm-bracelets.134071/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb is correct, like others here I do own a sweetie braceclet, as do two of my colleagues. It is adorable and fun--altho I won't be wearing any charms on it, my colleagues do (initials, etc) and I like that look for them. As for longevity of styles--it has been out a few years and seems to be one of L of L staples or best sellers. I'd be surprised if it were soon to be the way of the dodo....I noticed they were giving away a "heart charm" with purchase of a sweetie bracelet this weekend at a store local to me!

My bracelet fits snugly and I am glad for that since I wouldn't want it catching on things and breaking. (they can be resturng--but inagine catching all those links everywhere???? :errrr: )

In general of love L of L pieces--and wear my pearls all the time.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results