shape
carat
color
clarity

Linen colour

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have hit a bit of a snag with the wedding planning, and this has caused me to have to urgently switch venues.
I had already picked deep purple as my main wedding colour (have bought a few things already for it) but now with the new venue I am not sure it will look well.

The new venue has red/brown carpet and I don't think the purple linens will look good in the venue. I am hoping you may give me some advice on what you think.

I attached a pic of what the carpet looks like.
I would really appreaciate it if you could tell me your opinion on eggplant colored tableclothes being in the room.
Or if anything what would be a more appropriate and fitting color to use.

Thansk so much for any and all help :)

carpet.JPG

It may be hard to tell, depending on monitor settings, but it looks like there is cream and green in the carpet. You could combine eggplant and green and that might look nice to pull in some of the existing color.

I also found the following remark on a design website: "Mix it with sunflower yellow, earthy sienna, burgundy and olive green to create a Tuscan color palette." So, I wasn't too far off on the green idea. I think it could work.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Wow thanks!! I didn't even think of that. I can definitely add in more cream and green and that way I can still use my purple.
Thanks so much! your brilliant :)

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I agree w/ future mrs. sterling! Great idea!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly as wedding planner, it always puzzles me when brides ask about the carpet.

By the time you add the dance floor on top of it, all the tables, the chairs, the people, and the lights are dimmed....NO ONE is going to notice the carpet color. I always have brides worried about trying to match the carpet or not clash with the carpet. Trust me, it doesn't matter. ;))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
NakedFinger|1294890218|2821349 said:
Honestly as wedding planner, it always puzzles me when brides ask about the carpet.

By the time you add the dance floor on top of it, all the tables, the chairs, the people, and the lights are dimmed....NO ONE is going to notice the carpet color. I always have brides worried about trying to match the carpet or not clash with the carpet. Trust me, it doesn't matter. ;))

this. Have you seen the room set up? I don't think you will see the carpet, you should just pick colors you like and not worry about coordinating with the carpet.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I like your color scheme! :appl:

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for all your imput.

NakedFinger - you do make a good point. I am going to ask for some photos of the room set up and see how it looks then, but I am sure you are right.

Thanks everyonr for easing my mind :)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Yeah....I second that you honestly wont notice the carpet the day of the wedding. Also, remember the lights will be dimmed as well. If you're really concerned, you could put some uplighting around the room with colored gels to make the color match more. But seriously....you'll never notice. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results