shape
carat
color
clarity

Lindsay Lohan''s jewelry was stolen at Heathrow Airport

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She supposedly had packed all of the jewelry in an orange Hermes case and checked it. It was worth over a million dollars.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
She checked it?!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The story on last night''s news was that she had checked the bag. This morning''s story says that she had put the bag on a baggage trolley and she noticed it was missing as she left the terminal. I remember that something similar happened to Fergie a few years ago - a ruby necklace was stolen.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 8:39:05 AM
Author: Larissa
She checked it?!
My reaction too! I don''t like traveling with a lot of jewelry, but what I do travel with never leaves my side for a minute!!!!

widget

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2006 8:59:40 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
The story on last night's news was that she had checked the bag. This morning's story says that she had put the bag on a baggage trolley and she noticed it was missing as she left the terminal. I remember that something similar happened to Fergie a few years ago - a ruby necklace was stolen.

oopsie....
25.gif
Maybe if she had packed the bling into a Walmart bag or something instead of a Hermes, it might not have been pinched!
11.gif
I cannot see why she would LET THE STUFF OUT OF HER HANDS....
20.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was traveling with ANY piece of jewelry (let alone a million bucks worth of it!) I would have that bag clutched so close to my chest that they would have to pry it out of my hands just to get me through the metal detector!

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I still can''t get over the fact that she checked it! I mean, she checked in jewellery worth *how* much? Why not send it ahead of time? Or wear it?

I''m highly paranoid. I wore his $750 wedding band on the plane. Forget the bad luck to wear the bands before the wedding, it''s worse luck to lose jewellery!

I hope that she had some damn fine travel insurance. I can''t imagine even 1/5 of it being covered.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
maybe it was just on the trolley while she was traveling through the airport (still not where I would leave this much bling and dough).....

In any case, surely to goodness it would have been insured?????

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it was insured. The sad thing is that those peices will be broken up and all the stones will be sold individually.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She hadn't come to get the bag as of the time the story was written??!! I wouldn't have left the airport until it was found. Celebs must breathe different air from the rest of us.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
She checked it?!

Uh, are we all forgetting that you can't carry on ANYthing on the damn planes with you anymore? Even WATER?

This is why I will no longer travel with jewelry that isn't being worn. Flying is a SERIOUS PITA lately.

1. You can't lock your checked baggage because they have the right to search it. So anyone searching it can steal your stuff.

2. You can lock bags with the TSA 'approved' locks that the baggage handlers have skeleton keys for. So they can STILL steal your stuff.

3. You can't carry on ANYthing anymore, so you have to check all baggage.

No thanks. I'll either WEAR it, or LEAVE it home.

ETA: Having it stolen off her cart though...just plain dumb. That thing would be handcuffed to my wrist.

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Too funny, but I agree you''d have to pry it out of my hands. The thing is she probably didn''t pay for the jewelry and obviously isn''t as attached to it as any of us to our jewelry regardless of value. When you haven''t had the honor of working for minimum wage or even close to it, I imagine the value you place on items bought with those "hard earned" dollars is not too high. I am sure someone will give her some jewelry to wear around so they can have their brand name associated with it.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
and lets not forget her BAG was Heremes! That alone would make people want to steal it. I am so sick of dumb B!''s and all of their stupidity! I vote we all spit her diamonds among ourselves.. I got dibs on that juicy pear.... oh and the bag! I LOVE orange-and just in time for the fall!

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 1:17:02 PM
Author: FireGoddess
She checked it?!

Uh, are we all forgetting that you can''t carry on ANYthing on the damn planes with you anymore? Even WATER?

This is why I will no longer travel with jewelry that isn''t being worn. Flying is a SERIOUS PITA lately.

1. You can''t lock your checked baggage because they have the right to search it. So anyone searching it can steal your stuff.

2. You can lock bags with the TSA ''approved'' locks that the baggage handlers have skeleton keys for. So they can STILL steal your stuff.

3. You can''t carry on ANYthing anymore, so you have to check all baggage.

No thanks. I''ll either WEAR it, or LEAVE it home.

ETA: Having it stolen off her cart though...just plain dumb. That thing would be handcuffed to my wrist.

I assumed 2 things when asking if she checked it:
1- that she would be smart enough to wear it rather than checking it (anyone have your bags searched by TSA, they aren''t exactly careful by any stretch of the imagination)
2- that she has enough money to send it (insured) ahead of it. Couldn''t her typical jeweler arrange for it to be sent to another jeweler in the area that she was traveling to ahead of time.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all...I would never check a hermes bag, that''s enough money to loose. Then on top of it, I''d never check my bad with my passport or medication in it. Finally, what kind of moron checks a bag with 1 million dollars worth of jewelry? I don''t care that you can''t check anything in Europe. She could have worn the jewelry and put the passport in her pocket. Strange behavior of celebrities. She doesn''t even seem to care enough to come pick it up. She''ll probably have one of her people do it for her.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The more I read about it, the more it seems like a publicity stunt. She could have worn the jewelry on the plane or had the jeweler ship it by courier, as others have said. Passengers are allowed to carry their papers and medications in clear baggies. And what thieves in their right minds would pick up a Hermes bag, find it full of magnificent jewelry and then toss it away?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is kinda fishy, isn''t it? I read a few online articles on it...and methinks you could be on to something!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
On the one hand, I agree....but on the other hand - it seems like all this is making people think is "Wow, she''s spoiled and doesn''t even care about her expensive things" which doesn''t really HELP her image at all. You have to wonder what their objective would be in something like this. Why not have it be a non-designer bag that had just her passport and medication in it? Then everyone just thinks, aww, poor Lindsay!

And also, have they determined that the jewelry was in the bag?? It sounded like, in that article, the bag had been discovered but the police weren''t going to open it to see if anything was missing until after she showed up. In which case, I bet the thief was just smart enough to realize that everyone was talking about how Lindsay Lohan''s orange Berkin just got stolen, so he wouldn''t be able to pawn it easily, so he took all the jewelry out which he could disassemble and resell easily and ditched the bag. Just a thought, but I am still pretty skeptical about the whole thing myself....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results