shape
carat
color
clarity

"Lightscope" "Idealscope"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
2 different items? 2 different inventors? Does the same thing no?

TLS

Shiny_Rock

ok I am trying to research the differences between lightscope and idealscope and dug up this old thread.

Garry (hope he is still browsing), I am confused doesn''t this one say that the idealscope is harsher on leakage? I thought in my last post you were saying that the lightscope is harsher?

these are the same tools other than the color right - idealscope being pink and lightscope being red?

thanks again!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having seen images of the same diamond under both, I going to have to disagree with Garry.
Rhino''s lightscope shows more leakage for the same diamond than the typical ideal-scope image would.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
Hey storm - Yah I think Garry was saying the same thing as you in my last post, but this thread seemed to be the opposite that is why I dredged it up....

but the post is old so maybe he just has changed his opinion since then.... or.....

maybe what he meant was that idealscope is "tougher" because when you see leakage in idealscope it is a bigger problem then when you see it using lightscope. lightscope is more likely to show minor leakage that isn''t an issue and won''t show up with idealscope?

I am thinking that is what he meant....but I was confused so I wanted to see if I could get his clarified.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results