shape
carat
color
clarity

Lighted boxes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davidgelb

Rough_Rock
Hey all,
So I may be proposing to my GF on a beach at night...that leads me to the question on the best way to present the ring...!

I know they sell lighted boxes somewhere (anywhere I can get a nice lighted box for not too expensive), or has anyone MADE a lighted box (I could use a white LED to make the diamond sparkle that much more at night), or any other ideas on how to present a diamond at night outdoors away from light?

If anyone has made one, I would appreciate if you share how you did it...if not, any suggestions would be great!!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
David
35.gif

davidgelb

Rough_Rock
Hey JT,
I purchased a $2 white LED keychain light from Radio Shack...it makes the diamond look nice. The only problem I am having is that the LED is so bright and so close, and there is a dark spot in the center of the beam that it might be a little tough to get an LED positioned correctly in the box and not totally hack up the box...the last thing I want is a beat up looking box when I present the ring. I may just buy one of the standard light boxes and present the ring in there, and then just have an LED flashlight in my pocket for after I give her the ring.

With that said, I am going to probably order a box online. The minimum number I can order is 3...

SO, if anyone is looking to buy a single lighted (black) box like the one below, let me know. I would be willing to sell a single one and send it to you for $10 (I am paying $22 + $6.50 s&h, so I am selling them for what they would cost each + s&h...I'm not looking to make a profit...I would be selling them for cost only.). I would send you only the brand new, unused box...not the one I used!!!
9.gif

If there is one or two people out there interested in purchasing one black lighted ring box, let me know in this thread. I will place the order and let you know when they arrive. I have to have the box before September, so I have to order this week or next week.

Thanks!
-David
35.gif

box6574654.jpg

JT

Rough_Rock
I agree, even a single LED is very bright and doesn''t have the same romantic glow as a soft yellow light has. Here is just one more thought: What about a small cheap antique lantern off ebay? Just a thought.

locutus

Rough_Rock
ohh, lighted box idea. very nice. i haven''t even heard of those before. i may be interested in one of those... although, have you come across any that were wood boxes with light? i''m loving the look of those cherry wood boxes on that link. I''m wondering how a ring would look with a black background vs a white background lit with the light...

davidgelb

Rough_Rock
Locutus,
No, unfortunately, I have not found any lighted boxes made with the cherry wood....all the ones I''ve seen are either the white or black leather look. I really like the black because I think it would really contrast well with the diamond...I think the white may cause the diamond to blend in a little more. I heard from someone that the black box with the light looks really nice.

I have to order soon as I am giving a ring in a couple weeks...if you are interested in purchasing one, let me know. I will place the order and will give you the info for my paypal...

talk to you soon...

-David
35.gif

JT

Rough_Rock
n/m

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
go with the black-it''ll make the diamond look whiter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results