shape
carat
color
clarity

light yellow diamond

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I took a chance on a fairly unattractive signet ring on ebay and ended up with a fairly nice OMC light yellow diamond. I don't know if it's yellow enough to be considered fancy or just yellow enough to be from the bottom end of the alphabet. The seller said it measured about .95ct but with the high crown was thinking it would weigh more like 1.15cts. Once it was removed from the setting, I had the jeweler weigh it and it came in at 1.06cts.

In its original setting

A nice high crown

Close up! These pics make it seem like its green or brown but it's really a pretty pure yellow

Next to my E engagement ring (bottom) and my J/K OMC (top)

kiz-yellowdiamond1.jpg

kiz-yellowdiamond2.jpg

kiz-yellowdiamond3.jpg

kiz-yellowdiamond4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here it is freed from its setting

Next to my E engagement ring again (which wow, really needs cleaning)

Next to my 2 other fancy diamonds, both around .8cts each. The green marquise is a bit hazy but the golden brown pear is lovely.

All 3 fancy diamonds again with the yellow showing a nice profile.

kiz-yellowdiamond5.jpg

kiz-yellowdiamond6.jpg

kiz-yellowdiamond7.jpg

kiz-yellowdiamond8.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Lovely find! :love:
what will you do with it?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond is wonderful. Kismet, I always admire your bravery. You take risks at buying stones and rings which are hard to evaluate from ebay pictures (granted, some vendors have good return policy) and end up with great finds!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, that's just beautiful!! What a great find - a treasure nestled in a somewhat dubious looking setting! (although I'm sure it was well-loved by someone at some time! :cheeky: ) Do you have any plans for it?

I love all your fancy colored diamonds, especially that golden brown pear, what a beauty!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful: what a great find! You're an inspiration :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh how cool! I love them. :love:
Got more pics?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good find! I really like the color!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did good!! Do you have plans for it?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! Nope, no firm plans for any of them yet. I was playing around with the black light this morning to see if any of them fluoresce and 2 do! The marquise fluoresces a strong yellow and the pear a weak green.

Also, do you think it's worth sending to GIA for a report? And does anyone know their fee schedule? When I tried to pull it up on their site I got a 'file damaged' error message.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
From what I read I believe the fees are $150 for the full cert

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely lovely !!! Great color, great crown, super.

Kismet, what kind of UV light do you use? I've got two 365 nM and 385 nM and don't have much luck with them. I use them in complete darkness, also. It only shows I have two fluorescent stones out of lots & lots of stones (one is a violet sapphire the fluoresces red and one is treated ruby earrings that fluoresce). I got one from Amazon and one from Blacklights USA and they are supposed to be for use with gems.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's today's GIA fee schedule in US Dollars.

0000000077777.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results