shape
carat
color
clarity

Lien do you have a pool

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
It took us long enough to decide whether to have the pool in the front of the house or the back.

Now the pool guy has our pump running for 8 hours a day. Does that sound right to you?

Thanks

tlh

Ideal_Rock
No. You can get a timer for that... 8 hours a day is a waste of electricity.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have an inground or an above ground?

I think a timer is the best way to go here. Also, you can set your heater to only heat at a certain temperature.

It will cut down on your bills thats for sure....also you can burn up your pump faster that way as well. To much wear and tear can cause to many problems.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The pool is on a timer running for 8 hours everyday. My pool guy reckons its needed to keep the quality of the water..chlorinated.

We live in a tropical climate so no heaters.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, sparkles your pool guy is correct. We live in California and have an inground pool. In summer, the pump has to run for 7 to 8 hours a day. In winter, we run it only 5 hours a day.
Our pump has not worn out yet. We had the pool put in, in 1996.

Linda

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Scrap that Lien..I could remember seeing a pool in the background in one of your posts. I went back to look for the link and did see that you had a pool in the background in one of your posts....I had a chuckle to myself because I just worked out from the photo that if I was living any closer I would be breathing down your neck
9.gif

If you had walked out your door at certain times you would have come face to face with me...I probably would have run you over with my bicycle.

Such a tiny world we live in.....

Pity I have only worked this out now, and you are off to Shanghai!!!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 5:08:19 AM
Author: sparkles
Scrap that Lien..I could remember seeing a pool in the background in one of your posts. I went back to look for the link and did see that you had a pool in the background in one of your posts....I had a chuckle to myself because I just worked out from the photo that if I was living any closer I would be breathing down your neck
9.gif

If you had walked out your door at certain times you would have come face to face with me...I probably would have run you over with my bicycle.

Such a tiny world we live in.....

Pity I have only worked this out now, and you are off to Shanghai!!!!!!
Wow, that's such a small world we live in?!! Now that you've mentioned it, I think I might know where you are
2.gif
1.gif
. It is a shame that we never hooked up. Oh well, we're putting our house on the rental market and hoping to come back in a few years time. You never know
1.gif

Yes, to answer yr Q, we do have an inground pool and we only run it a couple of hours every other day. Sometimes, I forget to turn it on and it's still fine. When we bought our house, they also told us we'd have to run the pump for 8 hrs a day, everyday. We never did. We only had our timer (which is no longer working) on for 3 hrs a day for the first few months and the utility bill was HUGE!! That was that, LOL!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Lien,

Feel free to knock on my door. I would love to see your collection and the Leon''s quality of work up close and personal.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 7:12:16 PM
Lien,

Feel free to knock on my door. I would love to see your collection and the Leon's quality of work up close and personal.
Thanks for your invitation. Sure, I'd love to meet up. Perhaps week after next, after I've left my job? Will be a bit more free then.

Is your house on the same road as mine (not mentioning any name here for safety reasons
1.gif
)? I can think of two houses that underwent major A&A last year, one is a terrace and the other a semi-d. I am guessing that yours is the semi-d though I can't see any pool at the front (is yr pool at the back of the house)?

I could be totally wrong about where you might be if you've had a complete reconstruction instead of an A&A, or if you live in a bungalow.
3.gif

Would love to show you my jewellery collection and my LM pear, but only if you show me yr 5ct ACA beauty!
2.gif
1.gif

(Btw, Sparkles, I tried to look up yr recent thread about resetting yr stone, but couldn't find it. I went to Hock Ann Jewellers in Thomson Plaza to enquire about resetting my 3.02ct F VS2 stone. Their quote is very reasonable, only S$1,800 for a platinum micropave setting similar to the LM on the link I gave you. Their quality seems quite ok, though obviously nowhere as nice as LM's. The only problem is they want me to leave my stone with them for 3 weeks to 1 month. I am not sure I'm willing to do that. I think I might get them to do a cluster ring with my loose stones. Waiting for their quote. Will let you know more details if you're interested).

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Lien, you already mentioned your street in another thread. I live on a corner, not a bungalow...shouldn''t be too hard to find.

I''m not willing to leave my stone with anyone in Singapore.....there is only 1 person I would leave the stone with and they cost more than WF...now that doesn''t make sense to me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 4:41:53 AM
Lien, you already mentioned your street in another thread. I live on a corner, not a bungalow...shouldn't be too hard to find.

I'm not willing to leave my stone with anyone in Singapore.....there is only 1 person I would leave the stone with and they cost more than WF...now that doesn't make sense to me.
Oh dear
6.gif
, which thread was it? I'd better ask Andrey or Ali to delete it for me.

(I do remember mentioning my address once before, but a recent thread abt a burglary had me concerned. I thought I'd asked Admin to remove it. Guess I didn't!)

Ta.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 4:48:07 AM
Author: Phoenix

Date: 2/4/2009 4:41:53 AM
Lien, you already mentioned your street in another thread. I live on a corner, not a bungalow...shouldn''t be too hard to find.

I''m not willing to leave my stone with anyone in Singapore.....there is only 1 person I would leave the stone with and they cost more than WF...now that doesn''t make sense to me.
Oh dear
6.gif
, which thread was it? I''d better ask Andrey or Ali to delete it for me.

(I do remember mentioning my address once before, but a recent thread abt a burglary had me concerned. I thought I''d asked Admin to remove it. Guess I didn''t!)

Ta.

Actually, Sparkles, it''s probably better if you don''t let me have the link to that thread. No point in giving a helping hand to potential burglars or robbers who come across this thread!
4.gif

I''ll ask Admin to see if they can locate the thread and delete it for me.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results