shape
carat
color
clarity

LG Chocolate 3 vs. LG enV 3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

It''s time for an upgrade to my Verizon phone and I''m torn between two phones, both of which I can get for free. I currently have a RAZR and the battery just isn''t what it use to be, otherwise I''d probably keep it.

My two choices are the LG Chocolate 3 and the LG enV 3. I like the Chocolate because I really do like the flip phone and it seems just like a much better version of my RAZR. I like the enV because I text a lot and it has the full QWERTY on it.

Which should I get?! If you own one of them, a mini-review would be especially helpful!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
The LG Chocolate 3 is awful. My mom has one and for some reason it is the only phone on my line that has really bad quality. It almost sounds as if she doesn''t have reception wherever she goes. It''s so weird. The camera is great on it though. Would you put music on it? The Chocolate is really for music lovers.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I just upgraded to the enV3 a couple months ago. So far I really like it. Good battery life, great reception and call quality, very good QWERTY keyboard. If you do quite a bit of texting, it is a really good phone. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Just to throw another option out there, my wife just got the Samsung Alias2 because she didn''t want an external keypad. It has the benefits of a flip phone with a full QWERTY keypad. The keypad feel is a little different, but seems to work well--I just like the feel of the enV3 keys better.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 10:53:13 AM
Author: jet2ks
I just upgraded to the enV3 a couple months ago. So far I really like it. Good battery life, great reception and call quality, very good QWERTY keyboard. If you do quite a bit of texting, it is a really good phone. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Just to throw another option out there, my wife just got the Samsung Alias2 because she didn''t want an external keypad. It has the benefits of a flip phone with a full QWERTY keypad. The keypad feel is a little different, but seems to work well--I just like the feel of the enV3 keys better.
Thanks for the input. With the enV, I''ve heard there can be problems if one wedges the phone between one''s ear and shoulder in order to talk while having hands free. I tend to do this...and have heard that causes a lot of hang-ups on the enV. Have you tried it? Is it okay to do? Or would you recommend investing in a hands-free device to use with it?

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 12:48:31 PM
Author: vc10um

Thanks for the input. With the enV, I've heard there can be problems if one wedges the phone between one's ear and shoulder in order to talk while having hands free. I tend to do this...and have heard that causes a lot of hang-ups on the enV. Have you tried it? Is it okay to do? Or would you recommend investing in a hands-free device to use with it?
I've only done it a couple of times. Didn't have problems with hang-up, but it sure didn't stay put! It would be very easy to hit a button or two while trying to hold the thing on your shoulder.

The hands-free that I had before with my previous LG phone works with this one, too, so I would use it or a Bluetooth headset if I knew I needed my hands. Like most flip phones, the Alias2 actually sits quite nicely for this--wife has done it several times. I would seriously encourage you to look at it from what you have said so far.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I got the Lg Env3 in June, and I really like it. Of all the phones I''ve had, this is easily my favorite so far. I hold the phone between my shoulder and ear quite a bit if I''m multitasking, and have never noticed a big problem, although it isn''t as easy as a regular flip phone. Also, it''s just as easy to flip the phone open while talking and it automatically turns on the speakerphone. My husband just ordered one for himself last week, and I''m anxious to see what he thinks of it!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I had the EnV3 and loved it. I never had a problem with hang ups, lost calls, or bad reception. And I loved that it had a real keyboard because I text a lot.

The Chocolate, while it looks pretty, is really not meant for a lot of use as an actual phone - it was made for people that wanted to be able to play music on it, and the quality is really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results