shape
carat
color
clarity

Letterpress Invitations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did my first invitation shopping trip today and there are WAY too many choices! I originally thought I was going to go with classic engraved invites but I ended up LOVING the letterpress invitations. There were two that I loved, one from Crane and one from Page. The Crane ones were actually less expensive than the Page ones, but still pretty pricey.

Has anyone here done letterpress invitations? If so, where did you get them from? Any recommendations or tips? Or good deals? And were you happy with them?

Thank you in advance!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how these compare deal-wise, but I love the letterpress invitations from White Aisle, so just had to share:

http://whiteaisle.com/homepage.htm

I didn't have invitations (eloped), but I did get some letter press thank you cards from here, and they were the prettiest cards I've seen.

Also, I love, love, love the San Juan invitations in the do-it-yourself section. Sooo pretty.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
never done letterpress but you can never go wrong with Crane on anything! I''m sure whatever you decide will be beautiful!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yo C! Where are our pics?!?!?!

I wanna see these amazing invites!!!!!

(And I have no experience in letterpress. But I think you knew that already.)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hey Thing! Love letterpress, myself! We''re still trying to figure out if we are going to go that route or not. We love some of the Crane invites!! We had the worst time trying to select from invites so we decided to go custom! It is so worth it and not that much more. Have you considered that route? For someone as funky and creative as you ... it might be your best bet - We didn''t find it to be more expensive.

There are a couple of places I would recommend, if you''re interested ...
www.bsdstudio.com (I''m biased cuz we went with them b/c we love their stuff and they are local)
www.eastsix.com I LOVE their stuff. Amazing
www.lhcalligraphy.com , She is amazing to work with and did the maps to go with our STDs.

I hope this helps in some way!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Our letterpress invitations just came in a few days ago, and I love them!

We got ours from Blue Ribbon Design, but they were a little on the expensive side.

I also really loved Page - we were thinking of getting the ones with the rounded corners and blue border.

Bella Figura has gorgeous stuff,a nd is a little less expensive than Blue Ribbon.

Also nice are Elum and Paper + Cup. And Linda & Harriet!

I have a bunch more local Brooklyn/New york letter press places saved in my bookmarks, because I really wanted to go with a local designer. I''m so very happy with my Blue Ribbon invitations, and have only wonderful things to say about the entire process!

Letterpress is a little more expensive, but there are so many independent presses out there that range a lot in price, so keep looking!

Good luck!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 11:45:44 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
I don''t know how these compare deal-wise, but I love the letterpress invitations from White Aisle, so just had to share:

http://whiteaisle.com/homepage.htm

I didn''t have invitations (eloped), but I did get some letter press thank you cards from here, and they were the prettiest cards I''ve seen.

Also, I love, love, love the San Juan invitations in the do-it-yourself section. Sooo pretty.

Thanks Loves Vintage-they have some gorgeous options! I really love the calligraphy ones. But really all the designs are gorgeous!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 2:06:29 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Yo C! Where are our pics?!?!?!

I wanna see these amazing invites!!!!!

(And I have no experience in letterpress. But I think you knew that already.)

I''m a dummy and didn''t take pics and I can''t find any online! I''ll keep looking and post some if I find them! I found one of the Page that I liked, though, minus the pink flowers.

tea.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 1:57:42 AM
Author: rockin11
never done letterpress but you can never go wrong with Crane on anything! I''m sure whatever you decide will be beautiful!!

Good to know Crane is awesome-I had no idea they were the go to for invitations! The things you learn while wedding planning!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 2:41:42 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Hey Thing! Love letterpress, myself! We''re still trying to figure out if we are going to go that route or not. We love some of the Crane invites!! We had the worst time trying to select from invites so we decided to go custom! It is so worth it and not that much more. Have you considered that route? For someone as funky and creative as you ... it might be your best bet - We didn''t find it to be more expensive.

There are a couple of places I would recommend, if you''re interested ...

www.bsdstudio.com (I''m biased cuz we went with them b/c we love their stuff and they are local)

www.eastsix.com I LOVE their stuff. Amazing

www.lhcalligraphy.com , She is amazing to work with and did the maps to go with our STDs.

I hope this helps in some way!

Ooooh LOVE the bsdstudio stuff. WOW! Did you post your invites anywhere? I bet they''re AMAZING!

Thanks for the links-it definitely helps to see all the designs and get an idea of what''s out there. I''m not sure if we would go with a design or just go more simple with maybe a graphic at the top. I''m usually a clean and simple girl when it comes to design but I do love the fancy letterpress stuff!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 9:49:12 AM
Author: TheBigT
Our letterpress invitations just came in a few days ago, and I love them!

We got ours from Blue Ribbon Design, but they were a little on the expensive side.

I also really loved Page - we were thinking of getting the ones with the rounded corners and blue border.

Bella Figura has gorgeous stuff,a nd is a little less expensive than Blue Ribbon.

Also nice are Elum and Paper + Cup. And Linda & Harriet!

I have a bunch more local Brooklyn/New york letter press places saved in my bookmarks, because I really wanted to go with a local designer. I''m so very happy with my Blue Ribbon invitations, and have only wonderful things to say about the entire process!

Letterpress is a little more expensive, but there are so many independent presses out there that range a lot in price, so keep looking!

Good luck!

AAAAAAAAAH so many good ones! Thank you for the links! I can already tell I''m going to get pretty obsessed with this! I like the idea of going local, too, and Page is actually local to me, but they were really pricey and the stuff I like (more simple) can be done just as easily with Crane, I think. But if I could find a smaller company that''s priced similarly to Crane I would totally go with them.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 11:15:54 AM
Author: rockzilla
If you go custom, there are two places that can print them for you relatively inexpensively:

http://www.mecuriobrothers.com/ (prices on website)

www.invitationsbyajalon.com/ (similar prices, also have deals)

I am probably going to do letterpress myself....

Wow, those are way more affordable...thanks rockzilla! Are you going to use one of them?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow had letterpress invites. I am pretty sure her wedding thread is on here.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Yes..I haven''t decided which one to go with yet. I''ll have to price it out...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 9:34:05 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
jcrow had letterpress invites. I am pretty sure her wedding thread is on here.

Thanks Tacori-I''ll go hunt it down!

rockzilla-please keep me posted if you decide to go with one or the other! I would definitely like to use one of them. It seems like Mercurio is cheaper but I just gave a quick look at the pricing so I''m not positive.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any experience in letterpress but I do know that I love the style. If I had an unlimited stationary budget I would definitely go for them. I look forward to seeing what you choose because you have great style.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 10:38:32 AM
Author: Clairitek
I don''t have any experience in letterpress but I do know that I love the style. If I had an unlimited stationary budget I would definitely go for them. I look forward to seeing what you choose because you have great style.

Wow thanks, C-tek! I''ll keep everyone posted! For some reason I thought I had to get on it but it turns out I have a while since my wedding is 7/11/09. So I have some time to research the different options, which means I can hopefully find a deal!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Etsy also has 25 pages worth of letterpress invitations (or at least 25 pages of matches for letterpress and wedding!) Just to add a bit more variety to your search. The number of choices for wedding invitations is really astounding, isn''t it?

I know you might not fancy these so much because you said you might go with text only, but WOW, she''s using really pressed flowers on these:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20997569

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20363298

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another vendor to consider:

Parklife Press. The designer''s name is Travis, he works out of his studio in North Carolina. I priced out 50 letterpress invitation suites (invite w/outer envelope, response card w/pre-printed address on the the envelope) for $700, which included his custom design fee (he can pretty much do whatever you choose, and it won''t go beyond that pricing. Our request was fairly intricate, and we didn''t use any of the designs on his website). The only thing Parklife doesn''t do is inner envelopes....but, there''s another option for you to check out as you shop.....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Loves Vintage and Mediterranean! I was out of town last week so I'm getting caught up on PS today!

Loves Vintage, I thought about Etsy but haven't done any searching yet-I think I'll have a look today! And WOW the ones with the pressed flowers are gorgeous!

ETA Mediterranean, I love the Parklife Press, too! And they're semi-local to me (I'm in VA) so that could be good. Thanks again!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Hey - I just got Mecurio Bros samples this week. They are REALLY nice. And the best prices I''ve seen, so I think we''re going with them. We preferred the somerset over the strathmore...softer, thicker and with a deeper "press" if that makes sense!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 10:44:55 AM
Author: rockzilla
Hey - I just got Mecurio Bros samples this week. They are REALLY nice. And the best prices I''ve seen, so I think we''re going with them. We preferred the somerset over the strathmore...softer, thicker and with a deeper ''press'' if that makes sense!

Thanks for the update, rockzilla! One more question for you-did you design the invitations yourself or did they do it? I wondered that about ordering online.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I love letterpress as well. I just got my letterpress invites from a local artist co-op in saint louis http://www.allalongpress.com/. I provided the paper and the printing was $530 for 130 invites, RSVP, Reception cards, and $150 thank you cards. I had really simple invites that I designed in word sent in an email to them.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 6:45:26 PM
Author: RLG
I love letterpress as well. I just got my letterpress invites from a local artist co-op in saint louis http://www.allalongpress.com/. I provided the paper and the printing was $530 for 130 invites, RSVP, Reception cards, and $150 thank you cards. I had really simple invites that I designed in word sent in an email to them.

Wow, thanks for the link! That''s a great price! I love PS!

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I know right? I was really excited, because otherwise I would have never been able to afford letterpress. I hope whatever you choose your are as happy with your invites as I am with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results