shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's Wear ALL of It!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ridiculousness of the giant pearl ring. Imo it only works with really old jeans etc. for some reason.

Fri1.jpg

Fri2.jpg

Omg....I remember you showing this ring once before. It is huge!!! Is it like 15-20mm??? Wow!!
And love love love the peacock earrings!

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For tomorrow:
Lamp work bead earrings, a David Truman knockoff ring, and an antique guilloche ladies pocket watch. All sterling. The watch is gold plated sterling.
IMG_20211111_210756630.jpg IMG_20211111_210810371~2.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For tomorrow:
Lamp work bead earrings, a David Truman knockoff ring, and an antique guilloche ladies pocket watch. All sterling. The watch is gold plated sterling.
IMG_20211111_210756630.jpg IMG_20211111_210810371~2.jpg

Not Truman.......Yurman!!!
Stupid auto correct!!!!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Omg....I remember you showing this ring once before. It is huge!!! Is it like 15-20mm??? Wow!!
And love love love the peacock earrings!

For tomorrow:
IMG_20211111_210756630.jpg

Ooh, I LOVE that ladies' pocket watch!

I don't even remember how big my ring pearl is now, maybe 18mm. :)

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine. One time I caught one of these kinda nothing-special lumpy lavender-ish earrings in the car rearview mirror and in that particular light, it was a bright, glowing raspberry color that I could not believe. Hoping to see that again, though I still don't understand it. :)
Saturday Jewelry.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine. One time I caught one of these kinda nothing-special lumpy lavender-ish earrings in the car rearview mirror and in that particular light, it was a bright, glowing raspberry color that I could not believe. Hoping to see that again, though I still don't understand it. :)
Saturday Jewelry.jpg

Love the pearls! Are the earrings Edison?
And you are inspiring me to make a ginormous pearl ring......hmmm.......
*Runs off to check the loose pearl stash.....*

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to see I am not the only one with a mix of fine and fun jewelry that doesn't all get worn.

After being away from most of my jewelry for almost 7 months, I had decided that I really need to make a point of giving my pieces some love when back at home or sell.

I won't have my jewelry with me while at my mom's and tend to only wear pieces when going out. So if it's okay, I would love to play when I do. While I know I won't get through all of it, this thread is a great reminder/incentive to give more of my items so live.

I have these dark blue sapphire earrings and ring that my mother gave to me a few years ago (they were hers). I finally wore them to the theatre this week.

20211110_230306.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to see I am not the only one with a mix of fine and fun jewelry that doesn't all get worn.

After being away from most of my jewelry for almost 7 months, I had decided that I really need to make a point of giving my pieces some love when back at home or sell. I won't have my jewelry with me while at my mom's and tend to only wear pieces when going out. So if it's okay, I would love to play when I do as a reminder to give some items love.

I have these dark blue sapphire earrings and ring that my mother gave to me a few years ago (they were hers). I finally wore them to the theatre this week.

20211110_230306.jpg

Yummy sapphires!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So

....Its Sunday night
im planning on a cool shower (its hot today) and some very glamourse costume jewlery Gary bought me years ago for my birthday when we went to Brissie - go nice with an old singlet and some almost worn out jean shorts :lol-2:
...we'll see if i have the energy after i load the dishwasher :lol-2:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inspired by this thread, I wore some old silver pieces and one of my glass chains to a concert tonight (my first since Covid). The rings were a gift from a former coworker from Mexico. 20211113_135729.jpg 20211114_000446.jpg The chain is fun because it makes a glass tinkle sound when you play with it.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inspired by this thread, I wore some old silver pieces and one of my glass chains to a concert tonight (my first since Covid). The rings were a gift from a former coworker from Mexico. 20211113_135729.jpg 20211114_000446.jpg The chain is fun because it makes a glass tinkle sound when you play with it.

I love all of this! That glass chain is so unusual!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Love seeing silver get some love !
But that glass is out there :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: .

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too sad :boohoo:
15 plus odd years latter it doesn't fit
20211114_190345.jpg
Anybody got any ideas how to extend it an inch or two ?

It's pretty! This is what I do.
Just get an old chain and cut it down to about 60cm. Re-attach both ends with the clasp and loop. Instant extender!
Then you can use that bit of chain on any necklace that is too short.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's selection:
Some pale sapphires and 14k white gold hoops.
The ring is white gold with a white star sapphire and single cut diamonds. It was an amazing ebay find, as the seller thought it was costume!
The pendant and solitaire ring were loose sapphires purchsed from my local gem and mineral shop. I set them in sterling.
IMG_20211114_075526957~2.jpg

The white on white star is hard to photograph.
IMG_20211114_082025984_HDR~2.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Year i just gotta work out what kind to work on that clasp
Maybe a black one too

I LOVE flower necklaces!

Adding to what others have said, I would remove the old clasp and get a double clasp extender chain...like this. Google "double clasp extender chain"...they can be just a few dollars for stainless steel or base metal or $15 USD for silver.

The biggest challenge would be making sure the clasps fit over the bar but that can easily be solved by just adding links to the bar on each side.

1636905175496.png

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's selection:
Some pale sapphires and 14k white gold hoops.
The ring is white gold with a white star sapphire and single cut diamonds. It was an amazing ebay find, as the seller thought it was costume!
The pendant and solitaire ring were loose sapphires purchsed from my local gem and mineral shop. I set them in sterling.
IMG_20211114_075526957~2.jpg

The white on white star is hard to photograph.
IMG_20211114_082025984_HDR~2.jpg

I love star sapphires and yours is beautiful...what a great find!

It's crazy how many beauties we all have sitting in our boxes that deserve some love. Thanks @seaurchin for starting this and providing some motivation.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love star sapphires and yours is beautiful...what a great find!

It's crazy how many beauties we all have sitting in our boxes that deserve some love. Thanks @seaurchin for starting this and providing some motivation.

I just kept staring at the bad vendor photos of that ring when it was for sale on eBay.
I had a gut feeling that it was the real deal. It was unmarked, and assumed costume.
So I took a chance and bought it for $29.
It checked out for 18k, diamonds and natural star sapphire!
And I haven't worn it in years.....till today!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread @searchin. So much jewelry I don't wear.
We went back to our NYC home today to pick up some stuff (winter coats etc) and I decided in the spirit of this thread to bring some more bling back. And I wore two of my necklaces that have not been worn for years.

dbtyanddiamondheartnecklace.png

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread @searchin. So much jewelry I don't wear.
We went back to our NYC home today to pick up some stuff (winter coats etc) and I decided in the spirit of this thread to bring some more bling back. And I wore two of my necklaces that have not been worn for years.

dbtyanddiamondheartnecklace.png

Oh, that pave heart:kiss2:
I've always wanted one, ever since I was a little kid. Elizabeth Montgomery used to wear one in almost every episode of Bewitched and I loved it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that pave heart:kiss2:
I've always wanted one, ever since I was a little kid. Elizabeth Montgomery used to wear one in almost every episode of Bewitched and I loved it!

Me too @stracci2000! So I lost out on my dream heart. This happened years ago. We were at our favorite antique jewelry shop and I saw this unique gorgeous pave heart. It was larger and flatter and very different. I loved it but at the moment I though oh no that's too expensive so we didn't get it. I couldn't stop thinking about it and the next morning I called the ladies there and they sold it to a dealer a little while after we had left. They were very sad too because they would have loved me to have it but not as sad as I was. Lesson learned. If I love something don't sleep on it unless I asked to put it on hold. Which they would have done but I was so sure I didn't want to spend the money. :(

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too @stracci2000! So I lost out on my dream heart. This happened years ago. We were at our favorite antique jewelry shop and I saw this unique gorgeous pave heart. It was larger and flatter and very different. I loved it but at the moment I though oh no that's too expensive so we didn't get it. I couldn't stop thinking about it and the next morning I called the ladies there and they sold it to a dealer a little while after we had left. They were very sad too because they would have loved me to have it but not as sad as I was. Lesson learned. If I love something don't sleep on it unless I asked to put it on hold. Which they would have done but I was so sure I didn't want to spend the money. :(

I have two open hearts (which will make an appearance in this thread), but not the pave style. I should be trolling eBay..........

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two open hearts (which will make an appearance in this thread), but not the pave style. I should be trolling eBay..........

Ooh looking forward to seeing them. :appl:
As for ebay I haven't been on ebay for years. What's wrong with me? :lol:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Today is a baroque Tahitian strand and earrings, which are more colorful than my cheapo phone camera shows, and a 3 ct. CZ extra e-ring. My collection is heavy on pearls, which in my mind translates to needing more of everything else to even it up. :twisted:

jewelry sun.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results