shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's Wear ALL of It!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have a lot of jewelry that I don't wear, which I think doesn't make a lot of sense. So I plan to go through it all and wear each piece. That will help me decide if I should pass more of it on or just start a better habit of wearing and enjoying it more, and even if I have any big gaps that I didn't realize before. It might take me a while to get through it though, because I don't dress up much these days.

Please feel free join me in this project of wearing every single piece of jewelry you own, and post it here (on or off yourself) as you go.

I'm posting this in the Hangout section so all types of jewelry can be included, whether mined, lab or fake stones, pearls, fine or fashion jewelry, etc. Include as much or little description as you like. Include re-posts of favorite pieces as you wear them repeatedly if you want.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lot of jewelry that I don't wear, which I think doesn't make a lot of sense. So I plan to go through it all and wear each piece. That will help me decide if I should pass more of it on or just start a better habit of wearing and enjoying it more, and even if I have any big gaps that I didn't realize before. It might take me a while to get through it though, because I don't dress up much these days.

Please feel free join me in this project of wearing every single piece of jewelry you own, and post it here (on or off yourself) as you go.

I'm posting this in the Hangout section so all types of jewelry can be included, whether mined or lab stones, fine or fashion jewelry, etc. Include as much or little description as you like. Include re-posts of favorite pieces as you wear them repeatedly if you want.

I thought you meant all at once :lol:
And I was wondering how the earrings might work :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone else want to do this too?

Ok, I'm game!
I really need to wear more of my collection, so this will force me to do it!

For tomorrow....
A bloodstone watch fob pendant purchased from the lovely @PreRaphaelite
9mm 14k ball studs from a yard sale, and a 14k garnet ring from a rummage sale.
IMG_20211108_221032813~2.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm posting this in the Hangout section so all types of jewelry can be included, whether mined, lab or fake stones, pearls, fine or fashion jewelry, etc. Include as much or little description as you like. Include re-posts of favorite pieces as you wear them repeatedly if you want.

What a wonderful thread
I just took a ring into the jewlers today to be sized after sitting in a drawer unworn for 4 years
I also got a new pair of backs for my MIL's silver hoops and got a pearl reglued into its earing (well the ring and the regluing are with the jewler but ive done the hard part !)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'm game!

For tomorrow....

Ive never heard of a rummage sale but that was a great score !

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive never heard of a rummage sale but that was a great score !
A rummage sale is when items are piled on tables and in boxes and you have to "rummage" through it.
These sales are usually held by churches, or other charities.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'm game!

For tomorrow....

I love this set! So vampy!! I think I remember you buying that fob pendant! I adored it then and I adore it now, but I must admit that I think it screams Stracci & must look right at home on you!

Also wow, that ring setting looks identical to a ring that I was given from my great aunt. In mine there was a glass emerald cut stone that I've taken out but I kept the setting because I just adore it so & it's very sentimental. Someday soon I'd like to find the perfect stone to go in there, when I do it'll be fun to know that we're ring sisters!

20211109_063627.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I've already done a couple of rounds of jewelry decluttering. Now what I keep finding instead of "This can go" is "Gee, I want a better one of these!" Oh dear.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this set! So vampy!! I think I remember you buying that fob pendant! I adored it then and I adore it now, but I must admit that I think it screams Stracci & must look right at home on you!

Also wow, that ring setting looks identical to a ring that I was given from my great aunt. In mine there was a glass emerald cut stone that I've taken out but I kept the setting because I just adore it so & it's very sentimental. Someday soon I'd like to find the perfect stone to go in there, when I do it'll be fun to know that we're ring sisters!

20211109_063627.jpg

Wow! It's the same ring!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

20211109_063627.jpg
This needs a thread!
What waa great aunty 's birth stone ?
( just to get the ball rolling)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to pull out things I haven't worn in a long time.

For tomorrow:
I've had the ring since the early 90s.
The earrings are pearl studs with leaf shaped jackets, from a thrift store. The necklace is a hefty gold watch chain conversion. It tests around 12k.
A lucky yard sale find!
IMG_20211109_164940063~5.jpg

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This needs a thread!
What waa great aunty 's birth stone ?
( just to get the ball rolling)

It's July, which is ruby! Yeeeepes, expensive!:shifty::pray:
The only hope is finding a pinker ruby in an elongated oval cabochon, & that's if my jeweler says the setting can accommodate a cab!

I have a 2.7ct opalescent pear shaped unheated pinky/orange/lilac sapphire coming in tomorrow that might oddly work, but I need to console my jeweler and see if adjustments to the setting can be made or not to accommodate a different stone.

I just might make a thread if it can't, where I'll enlist everyone's help to find a good emerald cut stone!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It's the same ring!

It definitely is, even same tab-like prongs. Just different placement of the prongs & yours holds a natural big Ole garnet & mine came with glass wahhhhh ;(:(sad:lol:

I wonder if the garnet is original to the piece or not? Either way I love that we're ring sisters! I'm honored ❤

Ok, enough of me thread jacking & onto the unworn beauties!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's July, which is ruby! Yeeeepes, expensive!:shifty::pray:
The only hope is finding a pinker ruby in an elongated oval cabochon, & that's if my jeweler says the setting can accommodate a cab!

I have a 2.7ct opalescent pear shaped unheated pinky/orange/lilac sapphire coming in tomorrow that might oddly work, but I need to console my jeweler and see if adjustments to the setting can be made or not to accommodate a different stone.

I just might make a thread if it can't, where I'll enlist everyone's help to find a good emerald cut stone!

Good luck :kiss2:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I need a better camera. I'm skipping the things I do wear frequently and wearing the things I don't.

I bought the Tahitian studs (9mm) secondhand from a PS-er. The big pendant pearl is a dyed black Edison, on a long (36 inch) 14k chain.

Wed Blacks.jpg

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
For tomorrow, all in 14k yellow gold, a CZ-by-the-yard chain, a simple bronze-ish metallic pearl ring and coin pearl earrings with pink glass beads. It's been surprisingly hard to pick out what to wear every day. Guess it will get easier as fewer unworn choices are left though.

Thursday jewelry.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For tomorrow, all in 14k yellow gold, a CZ-by-the-yard chain, a simple bronze-ish metallic pearl ring and coin pearl earrings with pink glass beads. It's been surprisingly hard to pick out what to wear every day. Guess it will get easier as fewer unworn choices are left though.

Thursday jewelry.jpg

I love that ring! And yes, I am having a difficult time choosing what to wear. But thanks for this thread. My old stuff is finally getting some love!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to pull out things I haven't worn in a long time.

For tomorrow:
I've had the ring since the early 90s.
The earrings are pearl studs with leaf shaped jackets, from a thrift store. The necklace is a hefty gold watch chain conversion. It tests around 12k.
A lucky yard sale find!
IMG_20211109_164940063~5.jpg

Beautiful pieces as always. Did the watch fob chain have any markings indicating gold?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces as always. Did the watch fob chain have any markings indicating gold?

The clasp is marked 14k. But the links are testing somewhere a little under 14k., the streak holds up in 14k acid, but blurs a bit. I'm sure the clasp was added when it was made into a necklace. There's an extra little loop there, something else was attached at one time.
IMG_20211110_212416163~2.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results