shape
carat
color
clarity

let''s talk about veils--what kind are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
so i picked up my veil yesterday (from Macy''s..cost a small fortune
emcrook.gif
). It''s a simple 2 tiered veil--I like it becuase I wanted something romantic and simple since my dress is romantic and lacey and quite detailed (dont'' want the veil to take away from it).
however the saleslady also convinced me (when I ordered the veil) to add a removable blusher (which velcros under the hair comb). Her rationale was the 2 tiered veil''s look is ruined by pulling one tier over the head..plus is not as sheer as a extra blusher etc.

The blusher was only $20, so i figured, ok. She assured me it wouldn''t be too puffy pulled back etc.

So yesterday i try on the veil and, sure enough, really dont'' care for the blusher. It gets in the way and when pulled back..is way TOO puffy on top of the 2 tiers (and my dress is not puffy). So i think i''ll leave it off and stick with the original veil...and who knows, maybe nto bother with blusher at all.

So I''m curiuos what others have chosen..and if anyone has used the velcroed blusher (is there a special way to wear it?).

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Great thread Janine!!! Let''s see pictures of your veil and dress!!!!!...sounds lovely!

I still don''t know what I will do for a veil....I need ideas so this is a great post! (even better if you post pictures :))

M~

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I am a 2-veil bride!

Both are the same style, but different edges.
My dress is very lacy as well,
I went with a fingertip length single tier, standard fullness, diamond white veil with pencil edging (as seen in my hair trial pics, but not sure if you can see much of the veil

The one that is on the way to me is the same style, but light ivory with a fine edging of crystals and pearls.
I will have to decide which one to wear, but they were both fairly inexpensive so I don''t mind.

I plan to take mine off anyway, thus the hair bling underneath on my side comb.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I bought a beautiful antique lace veil from 1880 on ebay in perfect condition.

It''s 72" square so quite big! I posted pics at the time.

I''m not having a blusher, I''m putting my hair up and having the veil underneath.

To attach - because I''m terrified of damaging it - I''m planning on buying a tiara from a guy who makes them here in London and getting him to put hooks on the end so the veil can be safely attached underneath and then taken off for the reception without wrecking my hair!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe mine has been showing up a lot lately here on PS, but it is a birdcage veil. Mine looks like this but the feathers are more understated.

birdcage-134.jpg

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak - I LOVE THAT LOOK
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
- with the feathers...

I am hoping to do a few feathers in my centerpieces... Is that an ebay find???

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I didn''t have a veil. But if I could go back in a time machine I would have one identical to melibk: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-of-my-wedding-pictures.67389/. She looks so perfect.

I hated all veils when I was looking but now they have a certain elegance and bridal ''perfection'' that I have huge regrets. I love the floor length ones but melibk''s one is my current favourite.

Does this count? It is my imaginary choice

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing a 1-tier, cut edge, chapel-lenght veil. I feel that most boutiques will tell you that one tier is "too sheer", which is probably why the saleslady you spoke with told you that you needed a separate blusher--that way it wouldn''t be one layer in front of your face and one layer in back. I don''t know why they are so gung ho on multiple layers, I think having one layer is perfectly fine. I think adding a brusher to a 2-layer veil makes it too voluminous when you put the blusher back.

I also ordered a 9" birdcage veil on a whim because I thought it would work well with the vintage feel. I decided not to go with it the day of, but will be wearing it at some point during the weekend :)

basil

Brilliant_Rock
My mom is making my veil. I want it really sheer, probably one layer but maybe with a blusher. Maybe even a drop veil. Possibly with a narrow lace edging, but I''ll have to see once my dress comes in how it looks.

Heh. Basically, I just wrote a bunch of maybes. That''s probably not so helpul.

What does your dress look like, Janine?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 2:32:08 PM
Author: crystalheart1
Neatfreak - I LOVE THAT LOOK
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
- with the feathers...

I am hoping to do a few feathers in my centerpieces... Is that an ebay find???

Thanks! I love it too and it looks sooooo great with my vintagey dress. I actually got it from a place called Unveiled Bridal Designs. They are online, and the woman Dorene hand makes them to every person''s specifications. She''s great!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
newengland/nicole, as usual, i totally agree with you! extra blusher is too volumininous and i''m not seeing the problem with 1 tiered..i like that it''s sheer! plus it''s only down (as a blusher) for a few minutes..
yours sounds gorgeous!

basil, my dress is a-line, strapless, organza and chantilly lace (hand sewn on) with buttons and french bustle in back. it is fitting but not overly figure hugging. i think it''s a one of a kind b/c i bought it as a sample (clea colett) but had so many alterations done, that it''s truly my own.

thanks everyone for sharing!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVED my veil! It was ultra-simple... just one layer, not puffy, cathedral-length, trimmed in a ribbon of satin to match my dress. The simplicity let the details of the back of my dress show through, without being "too much." I only have a small amount of pix downloaded so I tried to find one that shows the veil well... here is one from the church:

EphDHCeremony1a.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I posted in "Anyone NOT wearing a veil?" and I decided to go with a veil - It''s very similar to neatfreak''s birdcage veil! I am beyond excited - Except the feathers on the clip for my veil are a bit flashier than the feathers in the picture. We''ve decided that we are going to go with a "feathery theme" now....The cake will be topped with a spray of feathers and beads from the top and our centerpieces will have feather sprays mixed in with the flowers! I think it''s going to be lots of fun - and everyone will know that I have put tons of personal touches into everything as I am quite eccentric....ha
41.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mine was the same as ephemery1 except for the ribbon edge. i think mine had a pencil edge. but it was a single tiered cathedral length veil.

MeRingOnHimWedding.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
oh wow jcrow (and ephemery), that''s gorgeous. was there a blusher?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
nope. that''s all there was. a less fussy look was what i was going for.
like ephemery, i loved how it still showcased the dress instead of hiding it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results