shape
carat
color
clarity

Let me introduce myself...

Attached

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to introduce myself, as a new LIW. I am 24 years old and my boyfriend is 25. We have been together for five years and living together for four of the five. I am working full-time and going to graduate school and he has a good career going for himself already. We have been talking about marriage and kids from the start of our relationship. This definitely confirmed that we have the same goals and plans for the future. Lately, the talk about marriage has been more serious than usual. Plus, he has been more strict on his finances lately. To top it all off, he has been asking me about diamond specifications and what types of rings I liked. I love the idea of getting engaged then married because people have been asking us when we are getting married, even strangers.

Side Note:
My boyfriend is going on vacation a year from now with his entire family, 8 brothers and sisters plus his parents. I have been invited to go, however I have told them I would not go, if we were not married or at least engaged. This was not meant to push the subject of marriage, but because I know that boyfriend and girlfriend is not acceptable to his foreign relatives.    

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here! :wavey:

What are you going to graduate school for? Many of us here are also in school. May I ask where your BF's family is from? I'm just curious about his culture since you said his foreign relatives do not approve of boyfriends and girlfriends.

Attached

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the welcome! I am in school for my MBA. My BF's family is from Cambodia. Their custom is arranged marriages, so anything outside that realm is foreign. People have already given me slack because they say that Cambodia isn't like that anymore, but I don't want to be treated like an outsider if I go as his girlfriend.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results