shape
carat
color
clarity

Lesser of two inclusions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I have a question about clarity.

I recently got a RC M pendant from BBB and I noticed that the one I got looked a bit dark in one area so when I louped it, I saw that there was one tiny diamond that had a black spot that was making it look darker and cloudy.

So, I asked them to get another one for me to exchange and this one has nice clear diamonds, but when I louped it, I noticed that one of the diamonds has a tiny scratch along the top, almost like a tiny crack, not noticeable to the eye, but with a loupe you can see it.

So, between the two, which one should I keep?
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm - any chance for a third?
2.gif
Sometimes 3rd time''s the charm!

Between the 2 though, I''d probably keep the one with the scratch since the first bugged you enough WITHOUT a loupe to do further investigation. The second wouldn''t bother you visually, it''s just a mind thing knowing there''s a scratch there. I''d still maybe try for a 3rd though, before you commit.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I''d take the one with the microscopic scratch over black inclusions anyday! Is this even a question?

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 5:51:37 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
I''d take the one with the microscopic scratch over black inclusions anyday! Is this even a question?

hi jaysonsmom, where have you been lately? I have not seen you around at all!

Yeah, I guess your right. I just hate having any inclusions period!

BTW, I looked at four all together before deciding on the one with the black inclusion, which I didn''t notice in the store due to the glaring lights, etc.

Those store lights hide everything!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 5:58:04 PM
Author: butterfly 17

Date: 6/2/2006 5:51:37 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

hi jaysonsmom, where have you been lately? I have not seen you around at all!

Yeah, I guess your right. I just hate having any inclusions period!

BTW, I looked at four all together before deciding on the one with the black inclusion, which I didn''t notice in the store due to the glaring lights, etc.

Those store lights hide everything!
Hi! I''m mostly a lurker, just enjoying everyone''s bling. Participating in PS makes my upgrade urges unbearable at times, especially since I have to wait at least 2-4 years because I''ve have gone beyond the yearning for a 1.5-2.0 ct. I''m now waiting for a 2.3ish upgrade in the G-H color range...I''m lowering my color-snob standards for size (who would have thunk!). Glad to see you around!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results