shape
carat
color
clarity

Less Than a Week to Go - I Leave Friday!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Okay girls...thought I''d do one last master post with all my wedding stuff. I''m getting ready to fly out to Puerto Vallarta and I get married on Monday, May 10...Dia de las Madres (Mexican Mother''s Day! Ironic because I am pregnant!!)

Ceremony Venue
Reception Venue

Inspiration Board -
It has my dress (Claire Pettibone, Madame Butterfly),
The shoes I''m wearing (Juicy Glitter Heels!!)
bridesmaid dress (VS Convertible dress)

Wedding Inspiration Board small 123.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Me at first dress fitting...Don''t like this pic b/c I look a little wide. The dress looks sooo much better now that it is fitted - I pick it up Wednesday!!

wedding dress crop 1.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Rehearsal Dinner dress...my friend introduced me to this really cool designer in NYC - Momo Falana and I fell in LOVE with this dress. It has a really cool tie-dye pattern around my belly. I call it my "pregnancy tribute" dress! LOL!

dress crop 1.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...what else can I show ya??

Just have a few things left to do...a couple DIY projects I''m finishing and to PACK!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
How ''bout this...second fitting - pic from my BB - at least you can tell it is fitting me better!!

BB pic fitting.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 4:29:36 PM
Author:Rock_of_Love
Okay girls...thought I''d do one last master post with all my wedding stuff. I''m getting ready to fly out to Puerto Vallarta and I get married on Monday, May 10...Dia de las Madres (Mexican Mother''s Day! Ironic because I am pregnant!!)
omg, congrats! So is this why you moved up your date so drastically? That is so awesome for you!

Your wedding dress is gorgeous! I can''t wait to see wedding pics!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 4:29:36 PM
Author:Rock_of_Love

Ceremony Venue
Reception Venue

Inspiration Board -
It has my dress (Claire Pettibone, Madame Butterfly),
The shoes I''m wearing (Juicy Glitter Heels!!)
bridesmaid dress (VS Convertible dress)
okay i was going to just wish you lots of love and joy for your wedding, but HOLY CRAP did i miss something? CONGRATS!!!!!
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Preggo?! Congrats!! Your dress is TDF, love that lace! Enjoy your wedding day and your bun!
2.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha ha!! LOL!!! YES - that is why I moved up the date!!!
9.gif
I''m due in Sept, so my original date of 10.10.10 for a destination wedding in Mexico was just not going to work!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 6:42:22 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
9.gif
I''m due in Sept, so my original date of 10.10.10 for a destination wedding in Mexico was just not going to work!
Ohhhh this is so great! When did you find out (if you don''t mind answering)?

Huge congratulations on the baby, and the upcoming wedding. SOOO exciting!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ROL!!! Your dress is gorgeous!

That''s cool that your little bambino will be "at" your wedding! Can''t wait to see all the pics when you get back!!!!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! I was wondering why you moved up your date, cause you were all over the 10.10.10 thing. Yay...a baby!!!!! I hope your wedding in PV is amazing!!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

I thought I was losing my mind for a moment! haha I was like hey, she is one of my date buddies!
9.gif
I am so happy for you, everything looks great! Congratulations on your babe, what a perfect day to get married.
1.gif
I wish you all the best! Travel safe and have a fantastically special day!! I look forward to seeing pictures.
1.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 6:55:44 PM
Author: lilyfoot

9.gif

Don''t mind at all!! We found out in early January and spent about a week or so trying to decide what to do about the wedding...move it up, push it back, have it back home, etc. etc. We checked with our family and close friends and decided that honestly the easiest thing was just to move it up.

I''ll be 23 weeks along at my wedding - and I''m defniitely showing! My original dress was very form fitting...a "fit and flare" I think they call it...so, my first order of business was finding a new dress! I am so happy with what I found! I LOVE it immensely more than my original dress!!!

I tell ya, it has made the whole experience very special. I will be so proud when my son or daughter is older and I can show him/her pics of the wedding and say "you were inside momma''s belly then!" I even included a few special things in the ceremony to honor this new life!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
YAY
36.gif
Your dress is to. die. for.! Wowza! Congrats on your wedding week and having baby with you to celebrate!

ETA: My best friend got married when their baby was 9 months, and the babe was included during the blessing of the new couple by their mothers. In Jewish tradition, the mothers wrap the new couple with the prayer shawl the bride has presented to her groom, and they are blessed. Baby was all wrapped up with them, it was pretty awesome symbolically!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes, and I hope it is a beautiful day for you! Have fun!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 10:34:33 PM

9.gif

Don''t mind at all!! We found out in early January and spent about a week or so trying to decide what to do about the wedding...move it up, push it back, have it back home, etc. etc. We checked with our family and close friends and decided that honestly the easiest thing was just to move it up.

I''ll be 23 weeks along at my wedding - and I''m defniitely showing! My original dress was very form fitting...a ''fit and flare'' I think they call it...so, my first order of business was finding a new dress! I am so happy with what I found! I LOVE it immensely more than my original dress!!!

I tell ya, it has made the whole experience very special. I will be so proud when my son or daughter is older and I can show him/her pics of the wedding and say ''you were inside momma''s belly then!'' I even included a few special things in the ceremony to honor this new life!!
Oh, that is so sweet!

Was it tough moving everything up by so much? I think it''s great you''re still going to Mexico and everything .. are you guys honeymooning there also?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Have a wonderful wedding!!!!!!!!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Congratulations on both fronts. Hope you have the wedding of your dreams.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 8:59:50 AM

9.gif

I''ll be 23 weeks along at my wedding - and I''m defniitely showing! My original dress was very form fitting...a ''fit and flare'' I think they call it...so, my first order of business was finding a new dress! I am so happy with what I found! I LOVE it immensely more than my original dress!!!

I tell ya, it has made the whole experience very special. I will be so proud when my son or daughter is older and I can show him/her pics of the wedding and say ''you were inside momma''s belly then!'' I even included a few special things in the ceremony to honor this new life!!
Oh, that is so sweet!

Was it tough moving everything up by so much? I think it''s great you''re still going to Mexico and everything .. are you guys honeymooning there also?
Actually that was the easy part!! Since I already had a coordinator and venue in Mexico, we just had to settle on a different date. Luckily all the vendors didn''t have any problems with transfering the deposits I had already made up. The only money I lost was that I changed the villa I was having the reception at and the policy is that they have to re-rent the place on the dates I had reserved for me to get my money back...so that may still happen if they re-rent it on 10/10/10!! But, I did have trip insurance, so it was covered through that!!

We are going to honeymoon there as well...we are flying from PV to the Yucatan and travelling around to see the pyramids. From Merida to Chichen Itza to Tulum and flying back home from Cancun. I can''t wait!!!!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 2:30:32 PM

Date: 5/5/2010 8:59:50 AM

9.gif

Oh, that is so sweet!

Actually that was the easy part!! Since I already had a coordinator and venue in Mexico, we just had to settle on a different date. Luckily all the vendors didn''t have any problems with transfering the deposits I had already made up. The only money I lost was that I changed the villa I was having the reception at and the policy is that they have to re-rent the place on the dates I had reserved for me to get my money back...so that may still happen if they re-rent it on 10/10/10!! But, I did have trip insurance, so it was covered through that!!

We are going to honeymoon there as well...we are flying from PV to the Yucatan and travelling around to see the pyramids. From Merida to Chichen Itza to Tulum and flying back home from Cancun. I can''t wait!!!!
You have to tell me all about your trip! We actually planned on honeymooning in Mexico when we had our original wedding date (10/1/10), but ended up doing a shorter, local honeymoon when we decided to move our date up. We''re looking forward to going to Mexico next year for our 1 year anniversary though!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats all around on your upcoming wedding and baby!! Have fun!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! Love your dress!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 2:30:32 PM

Definitely check out the beach south of the Tulum ruins. There are lots of cool beach bars and restaurants...one of which we are getting married at. Also if you like swimming the cenotes in the area are AMAZING! My sister went in them when she was pregnant and still raves about it...I don''t know what it is about being pregnant and swimming in them, but she really enjoyed it.

Can''t wait to see the pics of your wedding.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
double congrats, rol!! can''t wait to hear how your day turns out; everything that you''ve planned looks soo amazing!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
DIY down to the last minute!!! Just finished my cake topper...

ps edit cake topper.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 2:38:43 PM
DIY down to the last minute!!! Just finished my cake topper...
Just saw this .. so cute! You really are DIYing down to the last minute!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Your cake topper is simply awesome. Everything is coming together amazingly.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDDING and a blissful honeymoon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results