shape
carat
color
clarity

Length of travel from airport to resort in Jamaica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Runaway Bay

Rough_Rock
I have guests who are flying into Montego Bay, Jamaica. They will then ride in a van/taxi for an hour and a half to get the the resort where we are getting married. Is this unreasonable? I see it as an opportunity for a mini tour of Jamaica, but I want to make sure that the ride is not asking too much.

Help!
emotion-19.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
As someone who''s been to Jamaica 5 times, the 1-1/2 ride is a wonderful way to see the island. Most of the ride literally rides against the coast, with some of the ride going through the towns. It''s a great way to see the culture!

Runaway Bay

Rough_Rock
Thank you! That is just what I needed to hear!!!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say that the ride in will surely be a treat...but maybe the ride out will not... I''ve been to Jamaica and taken the ride from the airport to (almost) Ocho Rios, and it is enthralling and exciting on the way there, but from my personal experience, no cushy limo ride, so on the way back to the airport your guests may be a bit uncomfortable? That''s the only thing I''d worry about. Maybe check with your hotel to see what sort of transportation they could offer back to the AP that may be a bit more comfy? Good luck! I''m sure you will have a beautiful wedding!
36.gif
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have only been once to the island. the only concern I would have is that the roads can be a bit crazy...you come whipping around a turn and there is a cow on the road or people walking in a group...a couple of times I was really freaked out. We would see signs saying "Undertakers love Overtakers", a shameless plug for morticians, which really was telling people not to pass as most of the curves were pretty blind and since the road was one lane in each direction, passing by going into oncoming traffic around a blind curve is not a great plan! My hubby drove, we rented a little car, but if you have a local driver who knows the roads and is more likely to drive with caution, I think it will be a pretty drive if it is daytime. I recall the one main road being pretty scenic and there are lots of views of the water as you drive around...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results