shape
carat
color
clarity

Length of first dance

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.

I was thinking about the first dance and I really want to do a choreographed dance ... as well as a traditional one.
I want a traditional one because I want to have that special moment with my husband (he will me my husband at that time wow!! lol)
But I also want something fun for the guests so I want to do a choreographed dance as well.

Now I don''t want it to be to long, so I was wondering what your views were on the length of each dance? Just want to see what some would consider to long or to short length of time for the dance.

Should it be 1 min each??
(1 minute of slow traditional and 1 min of choreographed)
or
2 mins and 2 mins
or
1 mins and 2 mins??

Any suggestions I would really appreciate. Want to have an idea for when the practicing begins :)
Thanks in advance!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I don''t know exactly what length each dance should be but I was at a wedding once where the couple did three choreographed dances in a row. It was reaaaalllly long. By the start of the third dance, it was like "come ON already!"

That said, this is the one time you''ll get to do this, so you might as well soak it up. Are you planning on starting with the slow traditional and moving on to the choreographed? Or the other way around?

I actually was thinking about this same thing and I''ve decided that we''ll probably just get dance lessons and be taught some basic moves. So we''ll have a few 8-counts choreographed that we can just repeat throughout the dance. That way we look like we know what we''re doing but we don''t really have to "concentrate" and we can just go through the motions.

Amanda.rx just did a really great choreographed dance for her wedding so hopefully she''ll chime in!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Travel Goddess. I agree with you that we want to keep it sinple enough so that we can enjoy it and not have to think of the next move.

I know the feeling when things can get to long so I want to avoid that.
Not sure how long first dances usually are even .... will see if others reply lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results