shape
carat
color
clarity

Leggings fans, where to find long tunics?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a recent super fan of leggings and have a lot of short sleeved shirts which are the perfect length but finding good looking long-sleeved tops that cover all the lady bits has become a challenge.

Anyone have a good not too expensive source for tunics? I'm 5'3 and just turned 40 this year so want to make sure to look both cute and appropriate.

TIA!

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
Calson (Nordstrom house brand) makes tunic length long-sleeved tees and sweaters that will cover up the lady bits. I wear that regularly with my tights. For reference, I'm 5' and I actually find the petite tunics to be a little too long for me. The brand also runs a little on the looser side, and you may need alterations if you want a more fitted look.

Many of their shirts also run on the longer side, even if they're not designated as tunics. For example, https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon...ome/All Results&color=black white even stripe

and https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon...=Home/All Results&color=navy white folk plaid

and https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon...crumb=Home/All Results&color=grey- black marl.

At least for me, if the model shows the shirt hem as reaching the model's crotch, it'll probably be tunic length (even in petite sizing). :cry2:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it strange that with the popularity of leggings longer length tops are still difficult to find? I've been muttering this under my breath for the past couple of years now as I try to find legging friendly options.

Loft recently added a bunch of cute long sleeve options to their site and there's always a sale of some sort there. I also find nice tunics on Macy's site and ordered a couple as they are having a vip sale now.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the suggestions @southernicetea and @soxfan! I will definitely do some browsing later.

@baby monster, no kidding about this dilemma! What actually got me started on leggings was Lularoe, one of DH's cousins started selling but it didn't go as well as she planned so I was able to get a bunch of short sleeved tops cheap. She did not have anything I liked with long sleeves though. I will check LOFT for sure. I almost feel like I need to buy these in person though to make sure they are indeed long enough.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my go-to and has been for over a decade at least. Tunics or short dresses with all different solid color and print leggings. Paired with low heeled/flat boots to the knee or over.

I find tunics/short dresses everywhere. Mod Cloth (LOVE them) Macy's, boutique shops, Anthropolgie, Zappos. So many sites. Look for short dresses too and you will find a lot more options and a tunic and short dress are (for me) the same when wearing with leggings.

You might need petite due to your height. That might fit you more proportionally.

The key (IMO) to making tunics and leggings work is all about proper proportions and good fit. If it's too loose/big/long it will just look sloppy but when the proportions are right it looks smart.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried Boden? They often do nice tunics and dresses that would fit the bill.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
macys online.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually have a hack for this! I need to wear yoga pants/leggings often bc I crawl on the floor with my clients, and like things that cover my bum.

I look at SHORT DRESSES/mini dresses. I’m 5’7” so these end up tunics on me!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually have a hack for this! I need to wear yoga pants/leggings often bc I crawl on the floor with my clients, and like things that cover my bum.

I look at SHORT DRESSES/mini dresses. I’m 5’7” so these end up tunics on me!
Remind me what you do again?!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw some really cute long sweatshirts at Target the other day in the Universal Thread section. They might be a knee length dress on you, though. But still, over leggings they would be so comfy! I’m 5’10” so most tunic length things hit me well above mid-thigh. Sleeve length...forget about it unless I order tall sizes. You actually might be better off doing that! Check out GAP, Banana Republic for tall sized tees for extra length. With casual knits you can just roll or push the sleeves up.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are the best, seriously!

@monarch64, I love the idea of a cozy sweatshirt over leggings for the Fall, all I need is a big cup of coffee to go with it!

@madelise and @missy, short dresses....never would have thought of this, not sure if it will work since you are bothmuch taller than me but definitely willing to try it. Maybe petite short dresses like Missy suggested.

Sorry I didn't respond to each of you individually but I have read every response and so appreciate all these suggestions so thank you all so much!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m also a huge fan of those basic tank tops at H&M that are longline. They reach mid-thigh. Throw on a longline cardigan or kimono, and you’re set! It’s super flattering, too.

You guys are the best, seriously!

@monarch64, I love the idea of a cozy sweatshirt over leggings for the Fall, all I need is a big cup of coffee to go with it!

@madelise and @missy, short dresses....never would have thought of this, not sure if it will work since you are bothmuch taller than me but definitely willing to try it. Maybe petite short dresses like Missy suggested.

Sorry I didn't respond to each of you individually but I have read every response and so appreciate all these suggestions so thank you all so much!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm vertically challenged so prefer tunics from stores that carry petites...J Jill comes to mind

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also try Amazon. Do a search for tunics for leggings. They are not crazy expensive so you can buy a bunch.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I'm vertically challenged so prefer tunics from stores that carry petites...J Jill comes to mind

I'm in the same boat! "Regular" tees are sometimes tunics for me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Try the petite short dresses and see how that looks. I am willing to bet it would look great on you. Here's a few of my short dresses with leggings and boots.

burgundyboots.png

leggingsandboots.png

leggingsandtunic.png

leggingsanddress.png

leggingsandshortdress.png

All of the above are dresses albeit shorter/mini dresses. I am 5'6" so average height. I think petite would work great on you since you are 5'3".

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May not help the OP, however I swear by Jamsworld's Men's Rayon Hawaiian shirts in XL or XXL.

They do tunics for Women too, however I prefer the looser fittings of their Men's shirts.

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May not help the OP, however I swear by Jamsworld's Men's Rayon Hawaiian shirts in XL or XXL.

They do tunics for Women too, however I prefer the looser fittings of their Men's shirts.

DK :))

Never hear of this company before so just checked their website and my gosh super cute stuff. Your post reminded me that years ago I talked DH into getting this shirt with hula dancers around the bottom! He would always say I was trying to make him a walking beach lol!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh excellent, this looks super comfy and the model is almost 6' tall so it might just fall at the perfect length for me. Thanks so much!

You know what, I just looked at that link again and I actually have that sweatshirt in the Rose color. I bought it last spring, packed it away and forgot all about it! LOL. It covers my butt so it will def cover yours. It's soooo soft, you'd love it.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Eileen Fisher if you're feeling Fancy aka expensive OR Deluth! Nice length on them and decent quality staples.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
J Jill has a lot of tunics. Some of the stuff looks a bit "old lady" but the majority is pretty good.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Eileen Fisher if you're feeling Fancy aka expensive OR Deluth! Nice length on them and decent quality staples.

Oh yeah, forgot about Duluth! They gifted me a couple of their henley tees a few years ago when I attended a trade show for home design/gardening. The gimmick was that they were cut much longer so when you bent over (as gardeners are wont to do) your butt crack wouldn't be showing. I never tested it although they were definitely cut longer. I wore them under overalls like everything else; when I'm working outside I don't want to be yanking my pants up every time I move around. All this to make the point that Duluth basics might work for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results