shape
carat
color
clarity

Leg update!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the well wishes :) I had my follow up appointment at the burn center today.

The appointment went really well. The girl was amazed at how well I reacted to it when it first happened. I told her that within 5 minutes of the burn I had it in the shower under cold water, had it that way for 20-30 minutes and then within an hour of the initial burn, my friend (a nurse) was over with silvadene and wrapped it for me. She was BLOWN AWAY! Most people don't react that quickly or do the textbook correct thing, which apparently I did. She was also really impressed at how much I knew and even asked me at one point why I came in since I know how to care for it so well :razz:

It's no longer an open wound. She used fancy doctor speak, but basically it's shiny skin just waiting for the top layer to heal over... which will be soon-ish. I have instructions to keep it covered with sunscreen 45 spf or higher for the next year and a half. I have NO restrictions in Hawaii! She said to keep an eye on it and make sure the redness around it doesn't grow. If it does, then I need to stop doing whatever caused it. But if there's no irritation, then I'm fine!

None of the crazy regimen needs to be kept up, I just need to keep it moisturized with lotion or cocoa butter. It doesn't need to be covered, but I will still at work so people don't look at me like a freak. She also didn't expect any scarring and I don't need a follow up appointment unless I want one!

To be safe, I'm rescheduling our snorkeling appointment for later in the week but it doesn't need to be cancelled!!!!

YAY!!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i am so excited for your, Mrswahs! That is great news! i hope you have a great honeymoon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news!!!! Enjoy your honeymoon!! :appl:

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
What good news! Have fun in Hawaii!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
So you can go swimming?! That's great, especially given where you'll be. I'm psyched for you!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic news! I hope everything stays healed up and you can do everything you want on your honeymoon! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
great news and i hope you continue to heal well :) have fun on your honeymoon!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What awesome news! I'm so glad that you'll be able to do what you want to do on your honeymoon and even happier that the doctor doesn't think you'll have a scar! That's terrific! Now you're ready to glide down the aisle!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Mrswahs im so happy you're healing nicely :wavey: =) sorry i missed your dust thread, but here's more ***DUST*** for no scarring and an amazing wedding and honeymoon!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats really good news! I'm so glad you'll be able to hit the water in Hawaii!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's great news!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad it is healing well! Please let us know about your honeymoon. Have fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results