shape
carat
color
clarity

LeeNY''s Wedding Day! (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
At long last, I’m back ladies! First, I owe everyone a sincere apology. I had meant to post right after the wedding, but then felt that I never had enough time to truly devote to the post, and I really didn’t have any great pics, etc. Then I really just needed some time after all of the wedding planning to just….be married! I needed a break from all the wedding “stuff” maybe. Anyway, all excuses! I know some of you must have wondered where I’ve gone! I still lurk, that’s for sure I’d really like to become a more active poster.

I have been tempted to write quick posts in “Newlyweds” but I know I needed to start here!

One hundred thousand thank yous to all of you who have helped me through the LIW and wedding planning process for these almost 2 years since I joined PS. You are amazing, each of you! I’m thrilled to have found this community.

I hope all the posters I got to know in the very beginning that have “graduated” from BIW still lurk on occasion (sunnyd, elledizzy, meresal, and many others!) So many helped me so very much! Of course, mer is about to give birth, so it may be awhile before she makes it to these parts!

Ok, I know you all just want PICS! Here are some! When you scroll back to actually read this part, here’s the recap of the day:

We were married January 2 in mid-Michigan – on the coldest day of the year. I think when we said our vows it was 5 degrees, with a windchill well below zero! We had just under 200 guests. We were married in a Roman Catholic ceremony at 1 pm, and had a dinner and dancing reception that evening in an old 1920s theater ballroom, which was beautiful. Our colors were black and white and ivory, with a little gold in there. Flowers were mostly callas, and the BMs wore any black dress of their choosing. I absolutely adored how everything turned out.

My husband lost his voice during the rehearsal dinner, and it didn’t come back until Tuesday after the wedding! Turns out he had pneumonia! We didn’t find this out until that next Wednesday after his cough wasn’t getting better and we finally went in for an xray. But I think all the adrenaline let him rally and he felt ok on the big day.

Everything really went perfectly well. Things that could have been better:

• My flowers froze to death! Notice in the later pics they are brown! Oh, well! Flowers freeze, after all, and the outdoor photo shoot didn’t help.
• I forgot to assign someone to distribute boutonnieres and corsages until about 4 minutes before the ceremony. Oops! So it was a scramble, but somebody (probably my AMAZING MOH) made it happen.

Funny story:

• My husband lost his voice and therefore couldn’t deliver the toast he had written and memorized. His sister and my maid of honor offered to do it on his behalf (so sweet) but he needed to type it up. So he actually left during dinner for about 20 minutes to a random office in the back of the facility to do so. While he was gone, my bridesmaids best friend (an adorable 20-year-old who, frankly, is pretty wild but a total blast) came to sit next to me. I’ve known her for 15 years, we’re fairly close. So she’s sitting there and we’re chatting and I’m eating and some guests (who do not see or notice that DH is not next to me) start to do the whole glass-clinking thing to get the bride and groom to kiss. So she and I look at one another and, without missing a beat, give each other a smooch on the lips! We both crack up, and my dad, who is fairly reserved, says to the table “Now it’s a party!” So funny.

Beautiful moments/advice/other ponderings:

• NOTHING MATTERS the day of the wedding, except that your FI will be there waiting for you. Honestly, it’s as if the whole world just fades away. When DH whispered his vows to me (because he literally couldn’t talk!), it was one of the most beautiful and precious moments of my life. I replay those few seconds over and over in my head nearly every day. What an amazing thing.
• It helped so much to have assigned my hostesses several duties beforehand. They took care of so much and I was amazed by it. Then I remembered I had planned all of that, and realized how worth it that was. Example: distribute programs to the bridal parties seats so they’ll know the words to the opening song. Done! They did a great job.

Ok, I’ll try to comment on the pics to give you the rest of the story – enjoy!!

ETA: And I didn't comment on the first pic! Ok, so we wanted to honor those who have passed in our families, so we lit a small votive candle for each of them. I printed labels for each that say "In honor of" and then their names. We allowed folks who were close to those people to take them home. A lot of guests commented on how nice that was. It made me happy to see the candles glowing during the ceremony.

pssizeap2.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Me and my beautiful cousin and BM who did my makeup for me!

pssizeap3.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
BM bouquets

pssizeap4.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
SHOES!!
30.gif
30.gif

I splurged on Stuart Weitzmans. Best decision ever. They look a little blue here but are black, so I have worn them several times. It''s so fun to put them on again!

pssizeap5.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
DH - so cute.

pssizeap6.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Close-up of the brooch on the side of my dress.

pssizeap7.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
The dress! It is a Sarah Danielle.

pssizeap8.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Getting excited!!

pssizeap9.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Another close-up, this one you can see my e-ring!

pssizeap10.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Almost ready - I look nervous here, but just remember being excited!

pssizeap11.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Love this one - so much happening here!

pssizeap12.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I was ready to jump up and down I was so freaking excited to get married!!

pssizeap13.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Our photog got this great shot on our way up to the altar - love it!

pssizeap14.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
One more on our way up to the altar.

pssizeap15.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, everything so far is beautiful. So far I love every photo. Congrats!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Married! This is coming back down the aisle.

pssizeap18.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Dead brown flowers! This is after the outdoor photo shoot!

This is my grandmother's watch gifted to her on her high school graduation day - June 1940
30.gif

pssizeap22.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Your photo''s look amazing - sounds like you both had an amazing time and you both look so happy and radiant :) congrats :)

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
A little dancing in the entryway
1.gif

pssizeap23.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I had to reduce the quality a little to get this to the right size for posting.... This is the ballroom where the reception was held.

Our centerpieces have our names on them, so I will need to edit that one before I post it. I made each table a Year of our life (1981, 1982, and so on), and then framed a picture of each of us in that year on the table. It was so cute!

pssizeap25.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Our first dance! The song was "You are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne. As you can see, we have a hard time dancing and not singing to one another!!

pssizeap26.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for looking!!
35.gif

Most of the rest have other people in them, and I hesitate to post a bunch. I will work on re-sizing some others. We didn't have a cake, or a tossing of the bouquet, so those pics aren't here either!

The night ended up being a pretty great party - I would say 80% of our guests stayed until the lights came on at midnight! Apparently, the staff even asked the DJ to start playing slower songs at about 11:30 pm, but he refused, saying he was paid to create a dance party! I loved it.

Highlight of the reception was when Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" came on. The dance floor was PACKED, and everyone had a hand in the air, dancing! What a great moment!

Thanks again, ladies!!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 12:13:01 AM
Author: Deelight
Your photo''s look amazing - sounds like you both had an amazing time and you both look so happy and radiant :) congrats :)

Thanks Dee! I was so very happy!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 12:09:20 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Wow, everything so far is beautiful. So far I love every photo. Congrats!

Thank you! It stills feels like a dream, so the photos remind me that it was all very real!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!! I was wondering where you went!!!! Congratulations my dear!!! Everything looks absolutely amazing!!!!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
FREKE!!! You are another of the girls I "met" at the very beginning! Ok, sheepish confession, I definitely lurked and saw your photos, too. But I couldn''t comment because I was being lazy about uploading mine - gah!

You were stunning! That blue jacket looked absolutely perfect with your awesome gown.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, LeeNY!!! Your photos are adorable and your story about your FI whispering his vows because he couldn''t talk is so sweet. You look so happy!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 12:40:01 AM
Author: leeNY
FREKE!!! You are another of the girls I ''met'' at the very beginning! Ok, sheepish confession, I definitely lurked and saw your photos, too. But I couldn''t comment because I was being lazy about uploading mine - gah!

You were stunning! That blue jacket looked absolutely perfect with your awesome gown.
Awwww....thanks so much. Yeah, you probably would have gotten your booty kicked if you''d commented on mine, and posted nothing of yours! Regardless, I''m glad you''re back. You going to stick around now?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations leeNY! Your photos are beautiful. The first one made me tear up a little. Such a beautiful touch. I wish i had thought to do something like that.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks so beautiful and you and DH look so happy. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results