shape
carat
color
clarity

LED mask?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone tried them? These are cosmetic masks to be used at home. I have to wear double masks 8 hours a day at work, causing acne. I'm also menopausal and my skin gets dull at times so I'm considering one. Early stages and just beginning research, but any testimonials would be helpful!

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this point I’m only trusting the KN95 and N95 masks.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Is this a cosmetic mask or a protective mask. I think that's why you're getting answers regarding protective masks. You referenced them in your original post.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve had friends who liked them, but no personal testimonials. I think you may be better off seeing a Dermatologist. Are you using a retinoid or retin-A? Most of my derm friends usually recommend that at night, vitamin c serum and a sunscreen in the AM. You could add on an occasional AHA/BHA peel.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I’ve had friends who liked them, but no personal testimonials. I think you may be better off seeing a Dermatologist. Are you using a retinoid or retin-A? Most of my derm friends usually recommend that at night, vitamin c serum and a sunscreen in the AM. You could add on an occasional AHA/BHA peel.

Seeing a dermatologist isn't gonna happen where I live, unfortunately. I do use retin-A, and have been using C occasionally. I can't use it too frequently lately, nor AHA or BHA. Maybe because it's winter, or too strong for my mature skin, I can't say. I'm on a product hiatus as I had some burning and irritation.
It's charming having difficult skin...eye roll.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Seeing a dermatologist isn't gonna happen where I live, unfortunately. I do use retin-A, and have been using C occasionally. I can't use it too frequently lately, nor AHA or BHA. Maybe because it's winter, or too strong for my mature skin, I can't say. I'm on a product hiatus as I had some burning and irritation.
It's charming having difficult skin...eye roll.
I empathize I have really sensitive skin too, and very prone to contact dermatitis reactions where my eyes swell up! I hate it.

Honestly if topicals bother your skin, the LED mask may be worth a try!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Begonia,

I got the Omnilux mask 2 weeks ago so it is too early to provide any meaningful feedback. I will keep you updated if you want.

I follow a few dermatologists who are on u-tube who discuss the efficacy of led light therapy. I also follow someone who is a consumer only but does very thorough reviews (tag is Hotandflashy).

Hotandflashy review of omnilux is linked here:

Embarrassingly, I can’t figure out how to link the dermatologist specific video review of LED. Her general page is: https://youtube.com/c/ShereeneIdrissPillowtalkderm

review was 12 days ago.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Plainly I can’t figure out how to share specific videos from YouTube. Hotandflashy general page is: https://youtube.com/c/HotandFlashy

search omnilux and you should be able to find the review. It is a review after 3 months of use.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Begonia,

I got the Omnilux mask 2 weeks ago so it is too early to provide any meaningful feedback. I will keep you updated if you want.

I follow a few dermatologists who are on u-tube who discuss the efficacy of led light therapy. I also follow someone who is a consumer only but does very thorough reviews (tag is Hotandflashy).

Hotandflashy review of omnilux is linked here:

Embarrassingly, I can’t figure out how to link the dermatologist specific video review of LED. Her general page is: https://youtube.com/c/ShereeneIdrissPillowtalkderm

review was 12 days ago.

Good to know! I'll watch what I can :)

I did have a small device years ago,that helped with breakouts and generally dull complexion. It did work but was so time consuming, as it was handheld.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got this one :

But I hasten to add I didn‘t buy it direct from Opatra, I bought it from the UK sister company of these people.

I‘ve also got the Dermi Eye, Dermi Neck and the brush.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@Begonia Did you choose/buy a mask?

@CMN What, if any, differences have you noticed using the LED mask you have?

@Austina Same question as for CMN—what differences/changes have you noticed since using the LED gear you have?

I've been looking at a variety of things. My SIL has one of the handheld ones that it sounds like Begonia had. She's noticed a big difference with less oiliness on her face. I have dry skin, so I'm steering clear of that one.

Saw this one, Lyma Laser which is pretty pricey, but sounds fascinating! And this one came across my IG feed: Lumo Radio Frequency. Both of the above have some rave reviews, and the Lumo device has quite a lot of before/after photos. Tempting!

ETA: But for the price, that could be put toward p.e.a.r.l.s.! LOL!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @SparklieBug I have only had the mask for a month. For me, I think there are two things happening. Firstly, I have the omnilux “contour“ mask (they have a different blue light one for acne called the “clear”). I am prone to stress acne breakouts. I have not had any breakouts for the past month despite some stressor events in my job (occupational hazard). I think this is because the mask really does assist with underlying inflammation which is part of my acne stress response. Second, and this is a difficult concept to communicate but my skin just seems brighter/more glowy from within. I don’t really know how else to describe it.

Do not expect drastic results. It is subtle.

i would suggest you consider getting a mask not a handheld device. The handheld device will take you too long to use all over your face and for for that reason I don’t think it is as practical.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @CMN. That makes sense to use a mask rather than hand-held LED device. At the moment, I'm in terminal-information-gathering mode on this. LOL! I'm even worse with sparklie decisions....

Reactions: CMN

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As with all things, you have to use them religiously to get results. It’s hard for me to quantify the results, but I can see them. I’m fortunate that I’ve always had pretty good skin, but I’ve seen the results showing what a huge difference it’s made to people with acne and acne scars.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Like you, I'm fortunate to have good skin, although I do have a couple areas that developed melasma. My SIL has acne (and some faint scarring), and the handheld device she uses has really helped her to reduce active acne to none!

opalgalaxies

Rough_Rock
Trade
Its just for the looks, just use what most doctor recommend which is N95. if it causing you to have acne or any skin problem, then go to dermatologist ask for recommendation about what to use mask that could not harm your skin.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I haven't ordered anything yet, but I'm reading this with interest!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I would give an update. As an fyi I had two BBL laser treatments for the first time in the latter half of last year and that did make a big difference - my husband even said so. However, I think the LED must also be doing something because my husband even complimented me today on how great my skin looks (he doesn’t know I am using an LED at home mask - I wanted to see if he noticed any difference without the influence of knowing that I was using something new).

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Begonia posts a question.
Matata reads thread.
Matata spends 30 minutes research googling.
Matata spends $800+ on Omnilux products.
@Begonia needs to stop asking questions :bigsmile:

The products arrived yesterday and I used the contour mask last night right before bed. I have red areas on both cheeks I was hoping this would help. When I woke up this morning, the red areas were noticeably diminished. I'm impressed. I intend to use the mask every other day for a month and then compare with my before pics. I opted to use the hydrogel masks too and I'm happy I did because it feels really good.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Matata reads thread.

The products arrived yesterday and I used the contour mask last night right before bed. I have red areas on both cheeks I was hoping this would help. When I woke up this morning, the red areas were noticeably diminished. I'm impressed. I intend to use the mask every other day for a month and then compare with my before pics. I opted to use the hydrogel masks too and I'm happy I did because it feels really good.

I'm scr*wed. Especially now that you say it's effective.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Matata reads thread.

Gosh!! Following with keen interest. Pls keep us posted!

Haven’t read the whole thread, however…There are good OTC/retail LED masks that provide therapeutic levels of light therapy. There are also sh*tty ones. You sound like you could be a good candidate for blue light, which kills P acne bacteria.

Too late to edit my comment, but ETA: check out Celluma. I think they do B2C, and you’d get both red and blue light (and a good, professional grade product).

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Too late to edit my comment, but ETA: check out Celluma. I think they do B2C, and you’d get both red and blue light (and a good, professional grade product).

What is B2C?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a sketchy one I bought on eBay about 2 years ago but I never used it enough to know how well it works. When I plug the cord into the mask, it sparks lol. I think I paid $35 for it brand new.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results