shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB Leatherology lipstick case (I use them for earrings!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long shot request - anyone have one of these that they no longer care for? I've been using them to store dangly earrings.

The catch is that I'm looking for a colour that I don't already have. Any colour that I don't already have! I've already got these colours:
  • Black
  • Burgundy
  • Navy
  • Cognac
  • Taupe
  • Ginger
  • Mustard
  • Scarlet
  • Kelly green
  • "Mist" (pale blue)
  • "Rose" (pale pink)
  • Teal
Not fussed at all about packaging or condition - "preloved" is fine! But it's got to be from Leatherology (I am fussed about making sure they're all the same style, LOL!)

Last edited:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How intriguing. Would love to see how you store your earrings! Anything inside the case apart from your jewels?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie -

I have one! It's Tumeric. Let me know if you'd like it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Thank you for your offer!
And I feel silly, because Leatherology has never had a "mustard" colour - my original post should have said "turmeric". If I didn't already have turmeric I'd adore you - well, I suppose I adore you anyway :bigsmile:

I called Leatherology and they won't let me special order a non-bulk quantity :(sadThey used to have many more colours than they do. Right now there are only seven - I have twelve! I'm hoping they revive stock once current inventory is depleted, but in the meantime I'm doing daily ebay and etsy searches...

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crystal_Dreams One pair on a card (wrapped in a pearl cloth) per case ::)I can't stand the idea of earrings touching, so I usually put one earring face-forward and one face-backward on the card. The cases do take up a lot of extra room but the colours are fun, and they're "ready" for travel - which used to matter to me!

Edit - I'm not home at the moment but it looks like I actually posted a couple of pics in another thread a little while ago! Finding something you've forgotten you shared with the world about is probably a hallmark of oversharing but :lol:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...me-feel-free-to-add-yours.255642/post-4707997

Last edited:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s just genius!! I HATE it when my earrings bump and scratch up against each other. Thank you for sharing!! I may need to look into something like this in the future!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Great idea! Where do you get the earring cards, or do you make them? They look very uniform.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
That's a really great idea. Thanks for sharing it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this just in case anyone's been winter cleaning and just so happens to have unearthed one of these... ::)

Looking for Leatherology lipstick cases! Any condition. Any colour(s) except the below:
  • Black
  • Bordeaux
  • Navy
  • Cognac
  • Taupe
  • Ginger
  • Turmeric
  • Scarlet
  • Kelly green
  • Mist (pale blue)
  • Rose (light pink)
  • Teal
  • Grape (purple)
Still a long shot, I know! I wrote in to ask if I could possibly custom order specific colours - I highly doubt it but worth asking, right?

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@yssie Can you please tell us where you got the earring cards that fit so perfectly inside the case? :confused:I have searched high and low and cannot find anything close to the right dimensions. I found some much smaller, but they have too much movement and I would prefer a better fit in the case. Thank you!!:wacko:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Simple and Sparkly :wavey:
I had mine custom made on Etsy!

My coloured cards were from this vendor:
http://etsy.me/18BGsma
But it looks like they’re unavailable at the moment :(sad

The cardboard wasn’t my favourite thing anyway though, to be honest. Even thicker cardstock can’t hold up to regularly taking earrings off and on - I’d bought extras but I was getting close to running out. So I had them remade in leather, with the same dimensions, from this vendor:
https://etsy.me/2xxega6
The owner’s name is Lis and she’s a sweetheart. Highly recommend her!! I’ve bought several leather earring cards from her now, in different styles. She can glue two pieces of leather back-to-back so that both sides “face-front”, and if you give her measurements she is exacting and neat. And her pricing is very fair ❤️

69CA9874-6AE0-4170-8ABE-CCDC137B8BCA.jpeg

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@yssie Thank you so much! The leather is perfect- I appreciate you sharing with me and looking forward to making an order! I’m so glad to have a way to keep my delicate earrings safe. Have a wonderful weekend!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hey @yssie

I have some travel coming up and I'd like to try your very cool method of storing earrings in Leatherology cases. Can you tell me the dimensions of the leather insert you had made? I'm going to order a few from Ms. Lis.

Thanks so much!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie There is a green crocodile leather design Leatherology case for sale on Mercari.
I'm not sure if this is one you already own,

m79536641926_1.jpg

OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!
Bought!!
I have space for one more dangly earrings pair now!! I check eBay and Etsy and the darn website every week... I wouldn’t have seen this!
This brings me to an even 14, too, having 13 was all sorts of irritating!!
:love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @yssie

I have some travel coming up and I'd like to try your very cool method of storing earrings in Leatherology cases. Can you tell me the dimensions of the leather insert you had made? I'm going to order a few from Ms. Lis.

Thanks so much!
Of course!

My cards are 80mm long and 25mm wide. I also specified
- Double sided (she glues leather back to back so both sides “face up”)
- Rounded corners
- Exactly where I wanted the holes - here’s an example of one of the pics I sent. The card in this pic is just a cardboard tester :))

She can do various leather colours. I stuck to neutrals though, because I don’t want bright red or blue bleeding on porous gemstones or something!!

Attachments

• 326AA56B-4630-4F5C-BC4F-9271767B96BC.png
    326AA56B-4630-4F5C-BC4F-9271767B96BC.png
    948.7 KB · Views: 16

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Of course!

My cards are 80mm long and 25mm wide. I also specified
- Double sided (she glues leather back to back so both sides “face up”)
- Rounded corners
- Exactly where I wanted the holes - here’s an example of one of the pics I sent. The card in this pic is just a cardboard tester :))

She can do various leather colours. I stuck to neutrals though, because I don’t want bright red or blue bleeding on porous gemstones or something!!

Thank you!

And how cool that you found a new one!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@yssie, can I ask one more question? (Sorry to hijack your thread!)

I'm designing my inserts now (before my lipstick cases come in the mail) so I can't test out my prototype.

Do your inserts fit snuggly, or is there a little room on each side? I plan to put two sets of omega clip earrings on each insert. The base of each clip stands out about 1.5 mm from the insert. Because of the extra 3 mm needed for for both pairs of clip bases, should I shave off 3-4 mm from the 25 mm width of the insert? Make the insert 21 mm wide instead of 25 mm?

Here's a pic to illustrate:

IMG_1222 arrows.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!
Bought!!
I have space for one more dangly earrings pair now!! I check eBay and Etsy and the darn website every week... I wouldn’t have seen this!
This brings me to an even 14, too, having 13 was all sorts of irritating!!
:love:

The new one is fabulous !
Totally get the 13 - 14 thing !

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I changed up the design of the insert to take into account the extra room needed for the omega clips.

Do you think this will work?

insert 2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, can I ask one more question? (Sorry to hijack your thread!)

I'm designing my inserts now (before my lipstick cases come in the mail) so I can't test out my prototype.

Do your inserts fit snuggly, or is there a little room on each side? I plan to put two sets of omega clip earrings on each insert. The base of each clip stands out about 1.5 mm from the insert. Because of the extra 3 mm needed for for both pairs of clip bases, should I shave off 3-4 mm from the 25 mm width of the insert? Make the insert 21 mm wide instead of 25 mm?

Here's a pic to illustrate:

IMG_1222 arrows.jpg

There’s a little wiggle room in both vertical and horizontal directions in mine! I put the earrings on the card, and then wrap the card in a 6”x7” microfiber cloth, and then put that whole thing into the lipstick case, and it’s a comfy but not tight fit ::)

I use the cloth because I like having something ready for cleaning, the lipstick cases have mirrors inside (corners not exposed, but still, hard surfaces) that I don’t want the earrings touching.

I did exactly what you’re doing actually, too - just vertically! I prefer your second model with the insert area cut out, seems better for the bottoms of the clips to not be rubbing against the case?

If you specify that you want the measurements to be exact Lis will put the holes at exactly 21mm in, etc., so no worries about building extra tolerances into yours.

The leather - I guess leather in general - sharp corners get ugly quickly, so I ask her to round all my corners out. So I’d have her round the corners of your cutout area out, if you do that.

B87CDC93-7D58-4386-A866-8217B9307CFF.jpeg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
There’s a little wiggle room in both vertical and horizontal directions in mine! I put the earrings on the card, and then wrap the card in a 6”x7” microfiber cloth, and then put that whole thing into the lipstick case, and it’s a comfy but not tight fit ::)

I use the cloth because I like having something ready for cleaning, the lipstick cases have mirrors inside (corners not exposed, but still, hard surfaces) that I don’t want the earrings touching.

I did exactly what you’re doing actually, too - just vertically! I prefer your second model with the insert area cut out, seems better for the bottoms of the clips to not be rubbing against the case?

If you specify that you want the measurements to be exact Lis will put the holes at exactly 21mm in, etc., so no worries about building extra tolerances into yours.

The leather - I guess leather in general - sharp corners get ugly quickly, so I ask her to round all my corners out. So I’d have her round the corners of your cutout area out, if you do that.

B87CDC93-7D58-4386-A866-8217B9307CFF.jpeg

Thank you so much! I can't tell you how helpful your advice & visual examples are!

Is this the Leatherology microfiber clothe you use that fits inside the lipstick case?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annoyingly those don’t fit inside the cases :rolleyes: They're too wide! And they fray like mad if you cut them. Ask me how I know.

I just use random glasses cleaner cloths off Amazon and make earring card burritos. Lol.
Thank you so much! I can't tell you how helpful your advice & visual examples are!

Is this the Leatherology microfiber clothe you use that fits inside the lipstick case?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C57A4821-5933-4473-A8E4-2E8942E85E19.jpeg

Thanks to @Paisley2628 - I’m up to 14, and Leatherology snuck a new colour onto their website (“brown” has replaced “bordeaux”) so when that comes in I’ll be home free to a very merry fifteen cases :appl: :bigsmile:

Collecting these things has become an adventure unto itself, I have to say :lol: I’d LOVE another croc print in some other colour. Hopefully one day!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
@yssie it was due to your posts that I found Leatherology.com and have been a happy customer of theirs ever since. Are you still on the hunt for colors in the lipstick case that you don’t already have? Have you seen that they now have azure blue, lilac and camel colors available?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie it was due to your posts that I found Leatherology.com and have been a happy customer of theirs ever since. Are you still on the hunt for colors in the lipstick case that you don’t already have? Have you seen that they now have azure blue, lilac and camel colors available?

I’m laughing @adlgel!! I just went Leatherology trawl yesterday - saw exactly what you did and had to buy!! :lol:

59FA4EF0-3F4C-402A-A255-6BAA34BFE722.png

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
@yssie Glad you were able to grab those before they sold out or went out of production. I bought a whole set of jewelry cases in a pretty light blue and just recently bought a tech organizing pouch in a gorgeous emerald green. The leather quality is so nice. So when I decided I need a new wallet (well really what I need is a cash envelope as I already have a separate card case) I went right on back to their site to try to find one. Unfortunately their available wallet styles aren't quite what I'm looking for. But that's when I saw the new colors.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their leathers last so well, honestly. I’ve paid a lot more for leather that doesn’t wear nearly as nicely! I’ve got a couple of workhorse weekenders that… I am not nice to, and the leather has stayed evenly-coloured and supple and strong :love:

I don’t even use the lipstick cases for earrings anymore TBH. They were taking up too much space - I switched to boring brown Kraft boxes. But I just love having this lipstick case collection and I know I’ll use them for something in future! ::)

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this is the same color red that you already have but I very recently saw this one on poshmark when I was looking for a wallet:

1681255066970.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this is the same color red that you already have but I very recently saw this one on poshmark when I was looking for a wallet:

1681255066970.png

Oh that’s a different colour!! If only it didn’t have someone’s initials, I’d buy it ;(

Stop personalizing things people!! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results