shape
carat
color
clarity

Leather sofa for Living Room

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
We're thinking about replacing our old living room sofa with a new leather sofa. The style of the room is rather traditional. Any suggestions on a nice, quality leather living room sofa?

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
We got a beautiful traditional style sofa by Ferreti. It goes very well with my antique furniture and older home. You can have leather that looks traditional not modern. It is a funny thing, my aunt was here the other day and it seems that I have the same sofa s she does and I remember admiring hers!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Sounds like they have lovely pieces. Do you know where to find them? I did a google search and couldn't find them on the web.... :confused:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're looking for comfort, La-z-boy is a great place to shop for leather sofas!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1313288153|2990365 said:
If you're looking for comfort, La-z-boy is a great place to shop for leather sofas!

Ah, thanks! I'll check them out. I've heard good things about the quality of La-z-boy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just as an FYI. Some of the dyes that are used by even high end leather furniture companies don't go all the way through the material. Others don't seal their leather right and it gets discolored in in higher wear areas. Be really careful of the leather you buy. Some scratches and dings just from someone's buttons.

Make sure you get a sample of the leather you are looking at and take it home... and I kid you not... abuse it. Score it with a knife, scratch it with your finger nails. Put ink on it and try to remove it. Put some lotion on your hands (greasy stuff especially) and see if it penetrates the leather.

We had the best quality leather sofas (that were butt ugly) for years and the main reason we kept them was that the leather looked the same after 20 years (20 years, no replacing the cushions or anything) as it did when first bought. I just couldn't take it any more though, and got rid of them. But I really miss the quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results