shape
carat
color
clarity

LDR- how did you propose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterz

Rough_Rock
have you been in a Long Distance Relationship, and then proposed? how did you propose?

share your stories.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Copied and pasted from another thread:

We had a long distance relationship. Me in Atlanta, GA, him in London, England. We decided to get married while we were on the phone and considered ourselves engaged from that point, Aug 2004. He was coming to GA in Oct 2004 to visit me. We both looked for rings that we liked online as we both wanted to wear one. We set a budget for both rings and I decided on an antique one. About a week later he stated that he couldn''t afford what we budgeted and shortly after that my beloved antique ring went offline.

I got his ring and had it engraved. He agreed that I''d get a ring at some point in the future when we found another antique one we liked and we could afford it.

I made a picture book, a mini photo album, of our relationship so far. At the bottom on each picture I wrote a little caption. I tied his ring in the last page and wrote "will you spend the rest of your life with me?" under it.

Halloween isn''t celebrated the same way in England as it is in the States and he had never carved a pumpkin. So when we came to visit in Oct I took him pumpkin shopping. After we bought our pumpkins we went for a walk along the river to the library. In back of the library is a beautiful gardens that overlooks the city''s main street. We sat on the steps leading up to the gazebo and I handed him the picture book. He attempted to cheat and look in the back of it first

After that we walked back along the river and had pizza and wine on my screened-in porch (which both of us had taken a liking to and spent every chance we could on it - it''s huge with a swing).

After dinner I brushed my teeth, changed and got ready for bed. He was still on the porch and asked me to come sit by him. I sat down and we chatted for a couple of minutes before he opened a box and put down the antique ring in front of me. He had bought it 6 weeks earlier, right before the budget conversation, and had convinced the company to leave it up on their website for a bit longer so I didn''t get suspicious about the timing of it disappearing from their website.

So we proposed on the same day, me first, him later. Most of his friends are only aware that I proposed to him...and all gape over his ring just like what usually happens to the female part of the couple.

glitterz

Rough_Rock
How romantic! i thought LDR don''t work at all.

Mine didn''t work out so won''t be expecting anything romantic or even proposal.

glad to hear your LDR-Proposal story.

Anyone else wanna share some stories?

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
They work, they just work differently than regular relationships. I knew several people who studied abroad at the same time I did and are now married or engaged after having a 5000 mile apart, international relationship for at least 2 years!

speedychick

Rough_Rock
I know the long distance stuff is really hard...Me and my partner (not engaged YET) are both in the forces and spend many months apart....But its the time that we''re together that really counts. Depending on what way you communicate most would depend on how you proposed.
Were you thinking of proposing whilst still apart? Or maybe when you got together? I dont know your full story but if you''ve been together a while and have made it work successfully so far I dont see why proposing at a distance should be any different.

Ali xXx

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 11:23:22 AM
Author: glitterz
How romantic! i thought LDR don''t work at all.

Mine didn''t work out so won''t be expecting anything romantic or even proposal.

glad to hear your LDR-Proposal story.

Anyone else wanna share some stories?
My fiancé and I were in a LDR for the second half of our 3-years relationship. I finally came home last May and we got engaged last July. LDR takes a lot of hard work, but it doesn''t mean they never work out. If both are committed to it and to working on it, they work.

bbq_chickenwing

Rough_Rock
I am currently in a LDR and am planning to propose :) so I guess I can''t talk about experiences but the plan:

I have plans to visit her. Wait until she goes to work and then fill her place out with flowers and candles. Meet her after work, take her out to dinner and bring her home to the suprise her on bended knee with an e-ring. Make sure she will have the next day off at least :)

Lets see how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results