shape
carat
color
clarity

Laundry and hampers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
I am so tired of our ugly plastic laundry baskets. They are so... college. Anyway, do you have any suggestions for nice hampers? I went to Bed bath and beyond today and everything was junk.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pottery Barn...and Hold Everything. I love rattan baskets, and so I have had their large round rattan hamper before (with a liner) but right now we have two of those laundry baskets with handles on each end (open top) in dark mahogany rattan and we have one in each closet, when we do laundry we just take them over to the laundry room. I also have one more for clean clothes but somehow that one just gets filled with paperwork in the office.
20.gif

When I met Greg he had the plastic laundry hamper...I hate stuff like that so when he moved in, it went into the trash!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cute is THIS one?

They have MANY different versions and finishes. It can be found www.homedecorators.com
I have ordered furniture from them before and was very impressed with the quality and their great prices!

ETA: I love that they have ones with one-three different compartments so you can sort colors this way. Seems so much easier.

t2601310410.jpg

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, Mara-
I like your idea. Budget isn''t huge because there are other things I want to buy... we are trying to make over our bedroom and buy new dressers, bedside tables, etc.
Do your hampers look like this?

Hold Everything

Tacori-
I love that idea. I am worried that IRL they would get stuffed full rather quickly, it looks like they could only fit maybe 2 pairs of jeans and a towel or two. hmmm....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love that eyelet one from HE...the one that i had at my old place was alot like that one but it had a lid on it.

the ones we have now are more like this

http://www.holdeverything.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?partNumber=HE-PROD5350

but they are rounded not square, like more oval shaped and they are larger than this basket. they hold a good amount of clothes but it also doesn't let us go too long without doing laundry which is good. they were at PB about 2 years ago, but now the shape is more square than round i guess for what's popular. but i still love ours and i think they were only like $45 each. you might check out cost plus or similar if you have one of those around too? basically it's just a big basket with a liner!

i also love the hapao ones from hold everything, we have a different style hapao ottoman in our family room and it's super durable.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought an upright wicker type hamper from BB &B. It has two net type containers on the inside held by velcro. You can sort the clothes by light and dark. It has another container on the inside of the lid that zips and holds delicates. When one side is full, you can unhook it and carry it to the washing machine. It has been a great help to us - hubby isn''t big on laundry but he has learned to sort better and will carry one of them to the washer for washing. Progress I tell you. . . truth be told I don''t want him washing my clothes!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i hear ya on that one MGR..i tell greg to STAY AWAY from my clothes!!!! he manages to bleach them or shrink them from time to time and he washes darks with lights but somehow manages to sort HIS clothing and not mine by color.
20.gif

i told him that the more he ruins my clothes, the more i will buy.
31.gif
11.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, Peter manages to shrink my clothes but not his when he washes them together. I still don''t understand what he''s doing because I''ve never had a problem with my clothes shrinking.
20.gif

We needed a really huge one, because he changes clothes more than a woman, and we found a really cute one at Pottery Barn.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 4:24:53 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
How cute is THIS one?

They have MANY different versions and finishes. It can be found www.homedecorators.com
I have ordered furniture from them before and was very impressed with the quality and their great prices!

ETA: I love that they have ones with one-three different compartments so you can sort colors this way. Seems so much easier.
Tacori I love this one. I''ve always hated the sight of dirty clothes just ''out there''.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
moon- isn''t it cool? I love how it just looked like furniture.

Here is another one they have that is larger.

m1537205820.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just like the one we have. It was expensive though, for a laundry hamper, but my FMIL bought it for us when we moved in together.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that last one too Tacori...

Thing about a hamper is I don't mind spending alot because they should last a long time esp if they are well made. I had my other PB one for about 4 years and it only went into the trash because I put it outside to clean it one day and forgot it out there and it rained and it turned icky.
39.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I think ours will last for years to come. I really love that it has two seperate sections, makes it really easy for sorting our clothes. Typically his in one side, mine in the other so he doesn''t keep shrinking mine.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 12:50:32 PM
Author: Mara
I like that last one too Tacori...

Thing about a hamper is I don''t mind spending alot because they should last a long time esp if they are well made. I had my other PB one for about 4 years and it only went into the trash because I put it outside to clean it one day and forgot it out there and it rained and it turned icky.
39.gif

I don''t have a hamper from them but I have a sideboard (buffet) and a file cab. and was really impressed with the quality. Easy to put together too. That sucks you left yours outside. I hate it when stuff like that happens!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I agree; I don''t like ugly plastic ones. I love the one Tacori E-ring posted. I also got a cute white one at Pottery Barn that is like a bathroom stool. It isn''t that big, so I also got this one recently:

http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?section_id=0&department=0&search_type=normal&search_value=hamper&cur_index=&pcode=9980

Not cheap, but like someone said, it should last plenty long and look nice. It has very good capacity!! I am very happy with it. It''s taller than it looks in the picture, IMO.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief, I still use plastic.
7.gif
I really had no idea that people thought so little of it, lol! I have two pretty, lined, wicker baskets but I''m always afraid they''ll get knocked into a wall on my way downstairs so I use them more for storage! I love my plastic hip-hugger one I''ve had since college, and Dh, well, he just doesn''t "do" laundry because it was one of the things he asked me to take over when we got married because he knows he''s terrible at it!

I leave a basket in our guest bedroom, where his closet is, and one in my closet in the master for dirties, but our laundry area is down in a section of the basement where no one sees so I haven''t ever thought too much of the whole thing. I guess I will have to add this issue to my list of things to improve, lol!
27.gif
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch- I still use plastic too! I keep mine in our walk-in so no one ever sees it but I remember seeing them and thought they were so clever.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results