shape
carat
color
clarity

last weekend was supposed to be THE weekend...

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
...but it wasn't, because I got picky about the ring so we're having one custom made, and he didn't want to propose without the ring. His best friend told me last night though that the plan had been for last weekend...
I'm kinda bummed. I SO want to be engaged to this man, like right now!, I l :love: ve him SO much!, and I didn't want to ruin his proposal plans with my ring pickiness. I know he just wants me to be happy though. Grrr... The ring will be ready in about 4 weeks, provided the waxes look good. Hopefully it will be done a few days before our Hawaii trip, and he can propose there if he wants, but I know he had been planning on doing it in a place near home that's really special to us...
I feel selfish for having ruined/delayed his plans :(

mmi

Shiny_Rock
Don't worry! This whole process is about the both of you. The ring is mainly about your preferences, and that's fine. It's still important. After that is all squared away, let the rest be in his hands. He'll still get his moment, don't fret. ::)

mmi

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
He no doubt wants you to love the ring as you will be wearing all the time. He can still make it special whether it was last weekend or next week.

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the feedback guys.
He doesn't seem to be too bothered by the fact that he didn't do it the way he originally planned. I think he didn't realize what all would go into the ring buying/making process, and he waited longer than he maybe should have in order to fit with his plans... So not ENTIRELY my fault! ;-)
I said to him the other night, "you should ask me to marry you," and he replied, "I'd feel silly doing that without the ring!" I realized something I didn't fully appreciate before: there are aspects of proposing that might be very special to him, aside from the time and location - in particular, seeing my face light up when that perfect ring is in the hand of my perfect man kneeling before me...

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Before he proposed, mr snoopkat told me not to put any pressure on him and to let him 'have his moment'. By that, he meant seeing the look on my face when he finally popped the question and being able to put the ring on my finger.

I think we often underestimate how important the proposal process is for our FHs. Just because he's not spending hours trawling the forums on PS and drooling over other e rings (guilty as charged! :lol: ) doesn't mean he's not excited about proposing to the girl of his dreams.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results