Last two ring projects

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What?!? I hear it whispering something else? :lol:
It says “ I’m bringing home a friend”
591A2D87-BBBA-4F6A-9C8A-4F62D7A26ACE.jpeg

Wow!!! :love::love::love:
Are both pieces from CVB? They are so beautiful! I love the gallery view of the sapphire ring.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! :love::love::love:
Are both pieces from CVB? They are so beautiful! I love the gallery view of the sapphire ring.
Yep - I asked what colored stone eternities she happened to have already made up and whomp there it was! In a doable size for me too!
The gallery is lovely isn’t it? It’s been my favorite of hers for awhile.

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that flowery goodness is amazing! I love the petals and the blue really pops. Soooo pretty! The proportions are just right too.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Yes- every thing did work out - whew!

Thank you - not my finger yet, but soon! Soon! =)2

:lol-2:

Yep! Thats what she wants! & of course now you cant leave out the friend, she wants to come home with me as well! *evil laugh*

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep - I asked what colored stone eternities she happened to have already made up and whomp there it was! In a doable size for me too!
The gallery is lovely isn’t it? It’s been my favorite of hers for awhile.

She did fantastic work on both pieces! What a lucky coincidence that she had the perfect band already made for you. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your hand shots!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes- every thing did work out - whew!

Thank you - not my finger yet, but soon! Soon! =)2

:lol-2:

THUD I just fell off my chair!! :lol-2: This is STUNNING!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD I just fell off my chair!! :lol-2: This is STUNNING!!!

Thank you! :blush:

“Last two ring projects”
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Just the last ones posted the making of in real time :lol:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad that somebody has commented on your thread and it's been bumped up to the top of the forum because I've been absent from PS for a while and would have missed this otherwise. Can I just say that your ring is absolutely STUNNING. Your eye for detail is superb and I love the lotus/flower shape. What a beautiful ring and I hope you enjoy wearing it for many years to come.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
@Rfisher Would you mind sharing your experience working with CVB and DKJ? Offline would be fine too if you're willing! I'm trying to decide if a reset/custom design into a dream cluster is the right move to make and I'm struggling between who to work with because I've only ever done custom work with Jade Trau and soon to be Icerock so far.
Here are my inspiration photos (but my center stone is not huge like these, haha I wish! It's a 2.05ct round)
image1.jpeg image0.png
(for this though I'd probably want the in between V-prongs and not the outer prong that makes it appear more floral/pointy).

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher Would you mind sharing your experience working with CVB and DKJ? Offline would be fine too if you're willing! I'm trying to decide if a reset/custom design into a dream cluster is the right move to make and I'm struggling between who to work with because I've only ever done custom work with Jade Trau and soon to be Icerock so far.
Here are my inspiration photos (but my center stone is not huge like these, haha I wish! It's a 2.05ct round)
image1.jpeg image0.png
(for this though I'd probably want the in between V-prongs and not the outer prong that makes it appear more floral/pointy).
Hello :wavey:
I think I detailed working with CVB here in this thread, and with DK in my Victorian repro thread (can find in my profile)
If there’s something specific you’d like to ask -I’ll do my best to answer :)
As far as picking between the two for your cluster project - they both can/have produced stunning versions, for sure.
if one of them has an example on their Instagram that truly speaks in its details to you - I’d let that lead your way.
Contact them both. Get a quote and an estimated lead time for production to start, and estimated time for actual production from each of them. Give them pictures of what you want - use their own products or antiques or whatever. Just not each other’s project images - LOL :lol:
Both of them are pretty upfront and complete in their quoting. No surprise charges that I’ve encountered.
You’ll maybe find during the conversations, that you ‘click’ with one more than the other. Trust that gut feeling. :)

and on the v prongs you speak of, if you look at all your inspo pictures, all of them that have the v prong still have the outer prong you say you don’t want. It’s there to both secure the diamond and protect from chipping, I’m sure. It’s just some are more pronounced/ some are worn down with age and less pronounced, and one actually looks like they might be more like tab prongs.
I recently had a Victorian cluster restored and really wanted to keep the original tab type prong in that location, for the exact same reason you stated you didn’t want them. It didn’t happen, sadly, and they do stick out and are ‘pointy’. But I’ve accepted it and it’s ok. On to other things!

communication is key.
but- sometimes shit happens. Sometimes you accept it and move on. Sometimes the vendor does do everything they can possibly do to accommodate and it’s fixed/resolved. I’ve personally had nothing but accommodation from both of these vendors, and enjoyed working with them both.

hope this helps- and hope to see your project here on PS

Last edited:

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Hello :wavey:
I think I detailed working with CVB here in this thread, and with DK in my Victorian repro thread (can find in my profile)
If there’s something specific you’d like to ask -I’ll do my best to answer :)
As far as picking between the two for your cluster project - they both can/have produced stunning versions, for sure.
if one of them has an example on their Instagram that truly speaks in its details to you - I’d let that lead your way.
Contact them both. Get a quote and an estimated lead time for production to start, and estimated time for actual production from each of them. Give them pictures of what you want - use their own products or antiques or whatever. Just not each other’s project images - LOL :lol:
Both of them are pretty upfront and complete in their quoting. No surprise charges that I’ve encountered.
You’ll maybe find during the conversations, that you ‘click’ with one more than the other. Trust that gut feeling. :)

and on the v prongs you speak of, if you look at all your inspo pictures, all of them that have the v prong still have the outer prong you say you don’t want. It’s there to both secure the diamond and protect from chipping, I’m sure. It’s just some are more pronounced/ some are worn down with age and less pronounced, and one actually looks like they might be more like tab prongs.
I recently had a Victorian cluster restored and really wanted to keep the original tab type prong in that location, for the exact same reason you stated you didn’t want them. It didn’t happen, sadly, and they do stick out and are ‘pointy’. But I’ve accepted it and it’s ok. On to other things!

communication is key.
but- sometimes shit happens. Sometimes you accept it and move on. Sometimes the vendor does do everything they can possibly do to accommodate and it’s fixed/resolved. I’ve personally had nothing but accommodation from both of these vendors, and enjoyed working with them both.

hope this helps- and hope to see your project here on PS

@Rfisher - Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I really appreciate it! After I posted, I found a thread about CVB experiences and will read your DK experience you mentioned for reference.

I'm working on getting quotes and some questions answered by them both now, and you're right, certainly will not use one's previous work as inspiration for the other :lol:

Regarding the outer prong - you are so right!! I did not notice that. I've seen a few cluster versions of DK's that does not have that outer prong, but I think it's because the metal underneath comes up nearly to the girdle of the cluster diamond.

I'm not in a rush and still weighing whether this custom project is the right thing to do. If it goes through though, I'm sure I'll be posting here!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen a few cluster versions of DK's that does not have that outer prong, but I think it's because the metal underneath comes up nearly to the girdle of the cluster diamond.
Attach a picture if you get a chance? I’m curious about this.
thanks!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhh!
Ok, got it, very pretty!!!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh.
I’m still on my last two ring projects.
:lol:

Almost two years ago I fell in love with this ring /ring design
416CB927-12EB-40EE-BC02-97D141B57F98.jpeg
581B7387-1A9D-48F7-8268-AB800F87073F.jpeg

And bought this peach sapphire a bit later
E4E3671C-6CA4-4767-BC57-EA8C934942BD.jpeg

The vendor for the sapphire said if I submitted it to GIA, it probably would receive a Padparadscha designation. But I didn’t. I don’t think it would add anything positive, really, if indeed GIA did see it that way.

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2618E173-0009-46BA-B1C3-168E32E8125F.jpeg

Not done with the CAD, but 99% there
(Here you go, @bright ice )
Need to firm up height position of the set sapphire. I want the sapphire’s girdle set right above the halo. Currently it’s sunk so the girdle is hidden in the halo.

866FD454-CF0C-44AD-9260-200C4EC30A16.jpeg
This is gallery design inspo

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher -

Is Cassie doing this one as well? This will be gorgeous. Your whole ring collection is just sublime.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher -

Is Cassie doing this one as well? This will be gorgeous. Your whole ring collection is just sublime.

Thank you ma’am!
Right back at you! :love:

CVB is setting my vlpb daussi in her clara design with a black surround.

This sapphire cluster is being done by DKJ.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ma’am!
Right back at you! :love:

CVB is setting my vlpb daussi in her clara design with a black surround.

This sapphire cluster is being done by DKJ.

Ugh. my computer autocorrected Caysie to Cassie. (Just did it again, too, but I caught it this time).

These are going to be fabulous and will round things out beautifully. I think your collection should always be seen en totale; its power is in its incredible balance and diversity - but consistent elegance and creativity.

I am SO looking forward to seeing these two completed!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9AABB0BA-57C5-4FBB-8290-21CD325308E9.jpeg
BA66A0F3-511E-4302-9C18-916284B1E37E.jpeg

Receiving the wax (first ever!!)
Has gotten me really excited!

This is going to be a gorgeous an perfectly blingy sapphire ring! love the pear shaped metal in halo too! So so excited for you! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results