shape
carat
color
clarity

Last 12 month jewelry purchases?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 12:16:29 PM
Author: Miranda

Off topic...MC, did you get down here to SO CA yet? If so, how was the trip?
Yes, we did visit CA and had a GREAT time. I mean a REALLY GREAT time. The weather was a bit humid, lol, but the sunny weather and friendly people won us over big time. My husband even checked a few employers down there to see if there are any jobs available in his field. (oh, and we skipped L.A. lol! We went to Anaheim, Carlsbad, & San Diego)

The best of the trip, by far, was Disneyland. It was so much fun and my kids had a blast. Luckily, we were able to rent strollers as I doubt my kids would have held out for the eight hours we were there, otherwise. I''ll get around to posting pictures sometime soon. I''m a bit limited on computer time now that my son is back in school and i have to do all the drop offs and pick ups. Somehow that manages to take about 2 hours a day.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 12:12:56 PM
Author: butterfly 17
lets see, I got the RC TT pretzel, '' M'' and medium circle pendant, the WF baby bezel earrings, the WF bangle bracelet, the T&Co. diamond by the yards sapphire bracelet, a Barry Kronen pave diamond butterfly ring, and most recently I got the RC TT ''little black dress'' and ''flip flop''.

I think I got a few more things, but I can remember what else at the moment.
I love the flip flop necklace. I''ll be purchasing another RC in Dec., but may opt for the pretzel instead. Too many choices!

My only purchases this year have been my ACA studs from WF and my RC palm tree pendant. My husband and I agreed that I would do one purchase every six months - but I plan to make one big one and a mini-one! lol (like the next RC item will be the mini
9.gif
) and stay on a budget mostly because we''re trying to pay accelerated house pmts and take care of the future. It''d be so easy for me to buy a new item every month, but I''d never be able to wear everything.
9.gif

Oh, I should have asked for photos in this thread!!!
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been really good this year because of budgetary constaints
7.gif
, but had this question been asked over the previous 20 years, I would have had to plead the 5th.

To show you how really good I''ve been, I asked for everyday dishes for my 65th!!!! I can hardly believe it myself
36.gif
. Btw, those dishes were supposed to arrive in June, but now they''ve been on backorder and the delivery date is 2nd or 3rd week of September
14.gif
I''ll believe it when I see them.

Just to show how far I come in the no more jewelery recovery program, my DH asked long before my B-day what I''d like, and the first thing that came to mind was a new toilet for the main bathroom. Is that progress or what???? He looked at me as if he couldn''t believe he was with the right woman
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Purchases exclude gifts, rught?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 3:02:49 PM
Author: Harriet
Yes, absolutely!!! lol My husband will not buy me jewelry, so I pick out and purchase my own stuff.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 3:05:45 PM
Author: MC

Yes, absolutely!!! lol My husband will not buy me jewelry, so I pick out and purchase my own stuff.
2.gif
Gotcha.
2.gif
I''ve been very good this year then.
17.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 2:46:41 PM

I love the flip flop necklace. I''ll be purchasing another RC in Dec., but may opt for the pretzel instead. Too many choices!

My only purchases this year have been my ACA studs from WF and my RC palm tree pendant. My husband and I agreed that I would do one purchase every six months - but I plan to make one big one and a mini-one! lol (like the next RC item will be the mini
9.gif
) and stay on a budget mostly because we''re trying to pay accelerated house pmts and take care of the future. It''d be so easy for me to buy a new item every month, but I''d never be able to wear everything.
9.gif

Oh, I should have asked for photos in this thread!!!
1.gif
well, actually the only reason why I bought it, although it was the next one on my list, is because I was perusing the Neiman Marcus website for something else, actually a picture of the little black dress and I came across the flip flops for really cheap, $224. So, I called the local NM near me and asked what the price was and they told me it was $640 in their showcase, so after I hung up, I went ahead and ordered it because I figured if it wasn''t the right one, I would just return it back.

And sure enough, it was the same one that sells for $640 in their stores. Wierd, it must be a misprint, because when I went back to the website and it doesn''t show anymore at all. Or maybe I bought the last one.
9.gif

I have to admit, even though I am collecting these tiny treasures, I always find them for really cheap, either on ebay or with discounts, etc.
2.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been bad this year. These are what I''ve got, I think..

2 pairs of south sea pearl earrings (a plain set and a set with diamonds)
an aquamarine pendant with a diamond halo
two asscher rings (a small one and a slightly bigger one in a halo)
a spessartite garnet from Dan Stair which I have set into a ring
a pink tourmaline from Dan Stair which is currently being set into a ring
2 untreated ruby rings (one of them which is from my hubby)
A pair of coral earrings, pomellato style
A pair of heart shaped diamond earrings
A rose gold pave set ring
3 spinels - 2 from Richard Homer and 1 from Barbara Smigel (these are from my hubby''s paypal account)
a couple of other spessartites and spinels from ebay

I am done for the year I think (after setting my Richard Homer spinels, that is!)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
bought a 2mm white gold w-band to wear since my fingers swelled too much to wear my original w-ring. It''ll become a rhr/travel ring when I''m done being preggers. Total spent? $70.

BUT!

The year ain''t over yet!!!! I haven''t decided what I want for a "push" present yet. (never got one with my son, so I''m going for a goodie). Either stack rings (pink sapphire & blue sapphire--for each of my kids---but from where? ABC? Signed Pieces? Fay Cullen?) Or the WF bangle in diamonds...(just cuz....it''s fabu), or the rolling rings Skippy posted that I can get blue sapp., pink sapp, & diamonds in)

I dunno...the rings at ABC are beyond fabulous, but sooooooooo much more expensive than anyone else''s (higher gemstone & diamond carat weights than many stack rings) but they''d be cool. I might have to go one at a time.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 5:46:36 PM
Author: simplysplendid
I''ve been bad this year. These are what I''ve got, I think..

2 pairs of south sea pearl earrings (a plain set and a set with diamonds)
an aquamarine pendant with a diamond halo
two asscher rings (a small one and a slightly bigger one in a halo)
a spessartite garnet from Dan Stair which I have set into a ring
a pink tourmaline from Dan Stair which is currently being set into a ring
2 untreated ruby rings (one of them which is from my hubby)
A pair of coral earrings, pomellato style
A pair of heart shaped diamond earrings
A rose gold pave set ring
3 spinels - 2 from Richard Homer and 1 from Barbara Smigel (these are from my hubby''s paypal account)
a couple of other spessartites and spinels from ebay

I am done for the year I think (after setting my Richard Homer spinels, that is!)
Two? TWO Asscher rings???!

No fair. Gimme one. I don''t even care if it''s the smaller one, just gimme one.
11.gif

39.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 3:12:37 PM
Author: butterfly 17

well, actually the only reason why I bought it, although it was the next one on my list, is because I was perusing the Neiman Marcus website for something else, actually a picture of the little black dress and I came across the flip flops for really cheap, $224. So, I called the local NM near me and asked what the price was and they told me it was $640 in their showcase, so after I hung up, I went ahead and ordered it because I figured if it wasn''t the right one, I would just return it back.

And sure enough, it was the same one that sells for $640 in their stores. Wierd, it must be a misprint, because when I went back to the website and it doesn''t show anymore at all. Or maybe I bought the last one.
9.gif

I have to admit, even though I am collecting these tiny treasures, I always find them for really cheap, either on ebay or with discounts, etc.
2.gif
Ah, what a deal on the flip flop! I have a $150 off coupon from BBB but I cannot buy anything else right now or my husband will become mad! lol It says it expires after 30 days, but the gal said they would take it after that date. I hope so.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 6:57:29 PM
Author: divergrrl
bought a 2mm white gold w-band to wear since my fingers swelled too much to wear my original w-ring. It''ll become a rhr/travel ring when I''m done being preggers. Total spent? $70.

BUT!

The year ain''t over yet!!!! I haven''t decided what I want for a ''push'' present yet. (never got one with my son, so I''m going for a goodie). Either stack rings (pink sapphire & blue sapphire--for each of my kids---but from where? ABC? Signed Pieces? Fay Cullen?) Or the WF bangle in diamonds...(just cuz....it''s fabu), or the rolling rings Skippy posted that I can get blue sapp., pink sapp, & diamonds in)

I dunno...the rings at ABC are beyond fabulous, but sooooooooo much more expensive than anyone else''s (higher gemstone & diamond carat weights than many stack rings) but they''d be cool. I might have to go one at a time.
You should definetly get something from Signed Pieces. They look so gorgeous and timeless.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 3:09:37 PM

2.gif
Gotcha.
2.gif
17.gif
lol If only I could play innocent like that life would be a breeze!
3.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I''d never bought myself any piece of real jewelry until recently, when I decided to treat myself to a "holy crap, self, you got into your 1st choice grad school!" present. Got the T&Co 1837 ring in sterling silver for a right-hand ring, to replace the (unintentially) bent, braided $12 silver right-hand ring I have now. Maybe eventually the guilt will recede enough for me to buy myself something with some sparkles in it. But I''m proud of myself for finally splurging on myself for something I''ve wanted for a long time!
16.gif

officialpicgradring.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring, gold necklace and gold earrings with gemstons from a local designer. Oh yay and a seiko watch.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got a Royal Asscher. Yesterday I had the nerve to look at some cushion cuts.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 7:28:46 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I just got a Royal Asscher. Yesterday I had the nerve to look at some cushion cuts.
When are you coming?
35.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Harriet! When is the NY get together?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 7:28:46 AM
Has your beautiful RA been set, Madam???? Pictures in SMTR, I hope??!!
36.gif
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 12:27:40 PM
Hi, Harriet! When is the NY get together?
I don''t know. I bumped up the thread, but got no response. And Pandora will be here soon.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 8:16:41 PM

Date: 9/7/2007 3:09:37 PM

2.gif
Gotcha.
2.gif
17.gif
lol If only I could play innocent like that life would be a breeze!
3.gif
And jewellery excludes loose stones, right?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I buy myself a lot because I love it all and have a hard time saying no to myself!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Isabel! The stone has been set. Sorry, no pictures yet. I''m still working on the props and set-ups and then I''ll need to get all the slides put onto a CD. I also have to get a few things out of the bank vault.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gabrielle, I can hardly wait!!!! You must have a georgeous collection!!!
36.gif

I have yet to see a picture of even one of your pieces, and the suspense is killing me.

**cringeing at being so bold***(Maybe you should get one of point and shoot type of cameras that a few PS''ers have tried and recommended?)
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The only jewelry I bought or recieved this year is a Seiko watch for my b-day. I live vicariously through all of you.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back again, Isabel - Sorry for the threadjack, but here is a poor picture of my 1.18 canary diamond. The store took the pic.
canary.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized that I did not give any credit to Pinkie!
emembarrassed.gif
Yes, I purchased my asscher cut pink spinel this year (in addition to all my other stuff). Yup, I''ve been very bad indeed.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been pretty good this year so far, but have just put in an order with WF for a custom necklace for our 2nd wedding anniversary. It''s inspired by a combination of a few different Tiffany''s Swing / Jazz / Diamonds by the Yard necklaces and pendants and I''m really excited about it! Roll on 15th October!!
31.gif

I''ve also been on a bit of a healthy eating drive this year and am hoping to treat myself when I get to my goal weight of 35kg''s lost. I''ve made enquiries with LM and am keen on getting 1 or more of his stacking rings for my right hand. My ring fingers are the same on each side so I''ll be able to justify it as an alternative to my wedding set (3 stone and curved wedding band).
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm, I was HORRID to the pocket book but good for the economy this year. I got 2 new diamond bracelets, a sapphire bracelet, a garnet set (ring, earrings, pendant and bracelet), sapphire earrings, an appatite ring, a diamond solitaire pendant and had my old ering made in to a heart diamond pendant.

Taking my DH with me to jewelry stores so much has led to his buying 3 watches: an Oris, a Maurice LaCroix and an Accutron.

For Christmas I want an anniversary band.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And jewellery excludes loose stones, right?

LOL Harriet you are really becoming one of us!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results