shape
carat
color
clarity

Large table?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathleen

Rough_Rock
Does a large table on a RB (around 57-58%) mean less fire, but more brilliance, white light, and tiny sparkles? The reason I ask is I looked at a diamond with a table of 58, depth of 62. I loved it. It sparkled like crazy, however it was an I1, with really visible inclusions so I passed on it. But when I look at some ideal cut diamonds (Hearts on Fire for example), they seem a tiny bit dark to me. I noticed that the table on these seems to be much smaller (around 54-55%). Of course they are loaded with fire, but that dark look bothers me a little. So is it safe to say that my preference is diamonds with a bigger table? Or is this generalizing too much? I think I''m confused.
33.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not like 57/58 is that large...

Generalizing too much, not enough info to draw the conclusion that you actually like bigger tables. The only way to say that one likes bigger tables is that one likes larger table flash/glare.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Kathleen,

In global terms, 53-59% is a small table, 60-64% is medium and 65%+ is large.

All other things being equal, as table gets smaller the crown gets higher (more dispersion/fire) but the crown angle/table relationship of each stone will determine particulars for that stone. Of course overall configuration is important in every case.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results