shape
carat
color
clarity

laptop handbag - any suggestions

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I use a laptop for my work and meet clients etc. I am after a laptop bag that is also a handbag - stylish but practical - with a padded section for my laptop and a normal section for notepad and other bits and pieces. Does anyone have any suggestions/ brands or recommendations.

all ideas are most welcome - I don't want to have my functional laptop case and my handbag - i want to combine it into one :appl:

D2b

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to have my laptop in my normal handbag - so I just buy a handbag that is big enough to put the laptop (with separate padding /sleeve) in the handbag. Depending on your budget, I think Proenza and Saint Laurent have good options.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
hmm, lovely bags - but probably looking to spend a less than that. love the look though :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure of the dimensions of your laptop, but this Kipling bag is a great size and I put my tablet in the middle section - I'm almost certain Kipling has bags designed for laptops if the Cadie is too small for your use - http://www.amazon.com/Kipling-HB6619116-Cadie-Satchel/dp/B00NDATYYW

I love Kipling as a brand - I carry a small Kipling every day, and use the Cadie Satchel for when I travel - the material is lightweight but strong, and the construction is sturdy and well-made. I had picked up the small Kipling at my local Macy's a couple years ago, so was already familiar with the brand before deciding to buy the larger Cadie through Amazon last fall. Kipling has their own website but at the time I was looking for a travel bag, only Amazon had the Cadie available in black.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lo & sons has great bags! I have the OG in army green, and it gets complimented on whenever I take it to a client site. Unfortunately, my newest laptop is a desktop replacement size (not my choice), not travel size, so it doesn't fit :(
https://www.loandsons.com/the-og

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Lo&Sons bags. The catalina is a killer carryon. I actually paid a seamstress acquaintance to add me a long strap so it would work on my sholder or crossbody.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Kipling is a nice mid-range brand. I don't own much Michael Kors, but I promote his brand because he grew up in my home town and a lot of people I know knew him when he was a kid and teenager, and he had the best reputation for being a sweet, wonderful guy when he was a kid (he is only a year or so younger than me)...and he still has that same reputation even as a mega-successful designer. I'm very happy for his success because he is a truly nice guy. :)

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
If you're looking for an affordable option, Coach has a lot of laptop friendly handbags and briefcases. I used to carry one for work and it held up really well. Just stick with a nice understated leather and avoid all the over-the-top print/hardware combos Coach puts out these days!

A couple posters mentioned Kipling above. I agree that they are great casual bags and I like them because they are lightweight. They may be too casual for your purposes, depending on your work setting.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
^ I totally agree with all you wrote, blingbunny10 re: Coach and Kipling.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1457452869|4001548 said:
Lo & sons has great bags! I have the OG in army green, and it gets complimented on whenever I take it to a client site. Unfortunately, my newest laptop is a desktop replacement size (not my choice), not travel size, so it doesn't fit :(
https://www.loandsons.com/the-og

Check out their new bag, Seville Tote. It comes with a soft inner bag and different color shells. They are having a 25% off sale right now. If you are not in a hurry they have 30% and even 40% off. I bought the red OMG for 30% off.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
www.verabradley.com

Check out the totes. They're not just patterned cotton anymore; they've got microfiber and leather.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a Tumi and it works fabulous. Nicely padded, lots of pockets and wears great.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
thank you everyone - I am going to enjoy having a look at all your links and recommendations :appl: :wavey:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some years ago, I selected what I thought would be the perfect combination of laptop carrier + briefcase/satchel, and spent more than I'd initially budgeted. But it was leather, and I discovered that it was simply too heavy for me -- when it wasn't empty -- to be comfortable commuting-traveling with it.
So it went off to Dress to Success & I became the happy owner of several different, cloth ones in various styles (sleeves & totes/satchels) and colors, including a print one from Vera Bradley (yeah, I know that seems an unlikely professional choice, but it's even received admiring compliments from male court officers & TSA employees & I like not carrying the same thing all the time).

If you want to wear it over the shoulder, I'd steer away from rolled handles; in my experience, they don't stay put for long, especially when wearing a winter coat. Happy shopping!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results