shape
carat
color
clarity

lap top users many thanks for your help and I posted some more questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone I am happy with my Mac so far and posted some more questions under my original link..If only I knew how to paste it here...So anyone who has more tips for me please let me know..Thanks again..

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Hey Scarleta,

What questions were those?

Also for tips, what exactly do u want to know?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
At the moment I am trying to set my address book and somehow it won''t show me space where to put email address, the rest is there? Must be somewhere to put it? Right?

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Hey scarleta,

I am checking address book right now and the format is as follows:

Name:
Company:

work<>Phone
mobile<>email
work<>email(is this the one you are looking for)

etc...etc...etc..

If you have all this info set up on you phone, you can use iSync to transfer it to your computer and vice versa.

hope that helps

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for checking, I don''t have cel phone.Can you believe it? I am surviving fine without it...will play with your suggestions.I could not get email address question in there? Unless I somehow changed it do something else without knowing it? Do you know how I can find out if quick books is made for apple version and if so how it differs from PC version of Quick books.Any differences between to 2? Somehow I can''t find out and someone I know wants to show me her quickbooks and how they work on her comptuter ( she has windows) She has no idea how it would look on Mac and if it is the same program with similar columns etc.I am thinking of quick books pro for apple.You know I tried to go to INUIT www they make quick books , but did not find anything on that.If you know how to find that out, please do let me know, ok thanks so much

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
I don't own quickbooks so I am unable to differentiate the two in regards to layout or usability. I looked on intuit website and found this

you can always run the windows version of quickbooks...you can download bootcamp and install windows xp with service pack 2, the only problem with that is you have to restart your computer everytime you want to switch platform, but you can buy the parallels software and run xp and osX side by side.

hope that helps

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I use Quickbooks for Mac and it works just fine. The only option that is different (although with newer versions, it might change) is that you can't track mileage on Mac's Quickbooks. I've been doing iton an Excel spreadsheet.

If you go online and do a search for "Mac Quickbooks" you'll be able to comparison shop and get it online for about $40 cheaper than what they sell it for in the stores.

ETA: I wouldn't recommend running Virtual Windows on your Mac unless you absolutely have to. The reason being is that Mac is (almost) immune to viruses at this point in time. Adding the Virtual PC to your computer will open the opportunity for viruses to enter your computer. Why run that risk if you don't have to?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Many thanks for helping me out.Beeing new to this sometimes I wonder if I am doing it right , so having some help is apprecieated.I won''t run windows as I am starting to enjoy this apple os.You know I have
PDA ( electronic organizer) I can transfer to my mac.My organizer has Palm operating system it sony clie I have never used data transfer , perhaps I will give it a try if I find any spare time.Thanks again much apprecieated.Will keep you posted..

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 1:01:57 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna

ETA: I wouldn''t recommend running Virtual Windows on your Mac unless you absolutely have to. The reason being is that Mac is (almost) immune to viruses at this point in time. Adding the Virtual PC to your computer will open the opportunity for viruses to enter your computer. Why run that risk if you don''t have to?

antivirus softwares were made to prevent viruses from harming your computer. Although mac is indeed almost immune to viruses there is still always the possibility of getting infected with a virus. There are advantages and disadvantages in running parallels. Although the program is not perfect, Apple created parallels to create the usability of windows software inside OS.

Some people like it some don''t.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for my ignorance, but I am not sure what you mean " can''t track milage" Its accounting program so I am not sure about milage?? Thanks so much..
Do you use payroll on quick books or not?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Milage on mac quick books? CAn you please let me know if we are talking about the same program.I am referring to accounting...Do they have milage there? thanks

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Scarleta...on Windows version of Quickbooks, there is a function to allow you to track mileage because businesses will take off mileage as a tax deduction (hence the accounting part of the program!)....

Macs (as of 2006) did not have this function incorporated into Quickbooks (we are talking about the same program!)....maybe for 2007 they will, which would help me in running my business for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results