shape
carat
color
clarity

Lance and Sheryl over

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I did not mean to hit enter.. Meant to say "Lance and Sheryl over"
6.gif

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/62902.htm

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. Never thought this would happen. I was really rooting for these two. They seemed so perfect together.. *starts crying*

icefisher

Rough_Rock
Actually Morticia the title you (inadvertantly) chose is very fitting.

It reminds me of one of my college roommates; after he & his girlfriend broke up, she cut an old photo of them in two and mailed him his half.
29.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard about this a couple of weeks ago....must be something in the water.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Geeeeeeeez, I have no faith in Hollywood relationships anymore!!! Is ANYONE going to stay together?!!?!?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 4:18:42 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Geeeeeeeez, I have no faith in Hollywood relationships anymore!!! Is ANYONE going to stay together?!!?!?
Me too, it''s a shame.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
relationships....hollywood or otherwise....break up every day. why expect more from hollywood than the rest of society?

movie zombie

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Movie Zombie, you''ve got a point. Maybe it just seems as though all the hollywood relationships are failing because we all hear about them as soon as they go down the drain (or even when they haven''t actually gone bad, hehe). Gotta love those tabloids.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
That''s sad! Thank god for Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, otherwise I would have no faith in these "hollywood" couples! I just heard about Heather Locklear and Ritche Sambora filing for divorce too!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect this has little to do with Hollywood.

For many years Lance has been a professional athlete. His full time focus was on training, fundraising, and racing. Sheryl was only a part time part of his life.

Now he has retired from racing - to spend more time (a lot more time) with Sheryl. His whole life has changed. The relationship skills and support between each other have changed dramitically.

Unfortunately, I have seen this happen before when people significantly change their relationship. Many people get out of the Navy after being married for years - and the wives cannot handle that they will be arround all the time - and not deployed periodically (which had provided a needed break to make the relationship work).

I hope both of them luck in their future endevors.

Perry

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh heck, I thought they seemed like a great couple and I was really happy for them when they became engaged. I feel really sad now. I wonder what will happen to her beautiful engagement ring.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
wow..i''m kinda surprised to hear that too. they seemed fairly normal for industry/sports folk.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2006 2:47:01 AM
Author: kaylagee
wow..i''m kinda surprised to hear that too. they seemed fairly normal for industry/sports folk.
I thought so too! For once, I thought this couple would last.
7.gif

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
I read somewhere that he decided to end things over the holidays. His family and people were trying to talk him out of it, but he wanted to break up. I think it was E! online gossip or something.

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 4:26:07 PM
Author: movie zombie
relationships....hollywood or otherwise....break up every day. why expect more from hollywood than the rest of society?

movie zombie
Mainly because the Hollywood divorce rate is exceptionally high, somewhere well over 50%, probably closer to 80%. No one expects more by any stretch, but something resembling normal would be nice. As I said in the original thread on this topic, at least they never got married.

Perry, my DH is currently a navy reservist and we have many friends from his active time and the divorce rate isn''t really any higher among officers than the general public from what we''ve seen. It''s higher among enlisted mainly because so many marry their 17 year old gf''s and then leave them alone for months at a time and they get lonely and find a new guy. That we saw happen many times in my DH''s 4 years of active time. Of the 25 officers on one ship he was on over a 2 yr period, there are 5 divorces that I''m aware of. The wives I dealt with were all happy to have their husbands home and their relationships did not need time apart to work. There is an initial adjustment time giving some "control" back after having run everything for months, but that was normal.

The fact is, Hollywood isn''t the real world and most celebrities do not live normal lives. They''re catered to and treated like they''re entitled. That does not make for being able to deal with relationships as they take work and most celebrities move on when it gets a little hard or their egos are fed by someone new.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results