shape
carat
color
clarity

LAJennifer--How's Chicago Treating You?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope your move went well! I know the weather hasn't been stellar, but . . . what can I say? It's Chicago. :cheeky: At least it's lovely out today, right?

Are you settling in okay? Have any interesting experiences yet?

If you need any recommendations for anything, let us know! I know we have a handful of Chicagoans here on PS.

WELCOME TO THE WINDY CITY, JENNIFER!!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Yes, how are you doing? And feel free to ask any questions. I have lived in Chicago since 1997.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Haven and MisFit. Welcome Jenn!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Has there been a Chi GTG? I'd be interested...

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, welcome, welcome, welcome!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for such warm welcomes - sure beats the pants off my first week when I nearly froze to death (california girl exaggeration). I've enjoyed the thunderstorms, though (from inside - I came ill prepared with no coat, rain boots, or rain slicker). I haven't been out much as I babysit my kitties most of the time to make sure they are adjusting well - and they are. I really like it so far. We are subletting a loft in Winnetka for the summer. I've taken the train into the city a couple of times to meet up with a friend (my only friend) to see the Art Institute and a few Happy Hours.

I totally thought I would grieve forever about leaving Los Angeles. Nope, not yet. This already feels like home. I'm still learning my way around as we mostly go look at homes on the weekends. I think we want to live in Park Ridge (there are a couple of contenders) due to close proximity to DH's work (his commute kind of sucks right now) and my NEED to have a Trader Joes within walking distance.

I would be totally up for a PSGTG.

Thanks for thinking of me, you guys! Haven, Lil Misfit, lliang_chi, suschende, and jas - y'all are some pretty special people. Hope to got to know all of you better in the coming months.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to Chicago LAJennifer!! :wavey: Don't let the weather scare you. This has been the craziest spring/summer I can remember. Winnetka is such a nice area. Is your loft close to the lake?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Hi Portia. Yes, I can walk to Tower Rd. Beach from our loft. We like to do that when DH gets home from work.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's great to hear, Jennifer!

Winnetka is beautiful. I'm only about 5 miles north of you in Highland Park, so I'm biased I suppose. :cheeky:

Park Ridge is really nice. We have several friends who have moved out there, and we always say there must be something in the water because everyone we know who lives in Park Ridge LOVES Park Ridge, and they try to get us to move there. DH jokes that it's a suburban cult--but in a good way.

We really have been having a bizarre summer, weather-wise. It isn't normally THIS bad.

I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying Chicago so far, and that your kitties are adjusting well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results