shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, Would it be OK with you if your husband is...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sporting a bigger rock than yours?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll never happen he hates rocks because he grew up with a family that own a rock, crystal, mineral and gemstone shop and museum and he paid for a career in another area completely cutting gemstones when he was a teen. So I am pretty safe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way. He doesn't like diamonds for himself and I am A-OK with that. Since big diamonds are expensive we can only afford to have one person in this relationship wearing them LOL. Plus he has very expensive hobbies himself so that would be a financial burden. If we were wealthy and could afford to each wear huge diamonds I might be OK with that... :halo:

He does appreciate the beauty that is jewelry but is not a jewelry wearing guy except for watches.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No, but it wouldn't happen because he's not into diamonds.

P

PierreBear

Similar to the other ladies, it wouldn't occur as he isn't into diamonds. But using clothes as an example, we both want to look nice/professional/in-style but tend to just get things when it is on sale/good deal. My husband isn't a man who likes to shop but appreciates when I recommend items to him. I am glad he's not out dressing me so similarly I think if he were to have some sort of jewelry that it would be less "blingy" than what I wear.

I think every situation is different between spouses though. As long as your wife is comfortable with it... go for it?!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha. . my husband is on his 3rd wedding band, he loses them, he would never wear a diamond, although he has his Dad's black onyx ring with a small diamond in the middle in our safe deposit box.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No ??? I would steal it!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO!!! Absolutely not!!! Don't even think about it!!!

Geez, DF, what on earth possessed you to even consider such a horrific scenario?!?!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure - a boulder on his head if he tries to out bling me! :lol: :lol: :lol: And that's only because he has a different finger size than me; if we could share rings, why the hell not! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Works for me- I love sleeping in the garage :)

Razz

Rough_Rock
I think guys don't really look at diamonds in the same way that ladies do, generally and I for one wouldn't really wear diamonds unless maybe they were a gift from someone special.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH has zero interest in diamonds. :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire,

Are you planning on getting yourself a new massive rock, and testing the waters here to see how to approach your lovely wife?

That was my original thought when I read your question.

'But Sweetie, everyone on PS said it was OK if the husband had the biggest diamond.' :angel:

My suggestion:
Don't even think about getting a bigger diamond unless you've first ensured your Will is up-to-date.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just how much bigger are we talking here!?

I don't *think* I would mind, but, like many of the posters have said, DH is not a diamonds guy. He's into watches, and his daily watch is WAY nicer than mine. He's already planning what his next fancy watch purchase will be. That's his *bling*.

I recently floated the idea of resetting my original 1.08ct e-ring stone into a blingy wedding band for him, and he turned that down because he said he wouldn't wear it much. Technically, he's not even supposed to wear a ring when he's working.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way! He would have to hand that right over!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it would bother me for the one minute it took to steal it to wear myself! :Up_to_something:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMCh|1477406296|4090396 said:

I don't *think* I would mind, but, like many of the posters have said, DH is not a diamonds guy. He's into watches, and his daily watch is WAY nicer than mine. He's already planning what his next fancy watch purchase will be. That's his *bling*.

I recently floated the idea of resetting my original 1.08ct e-ring stone into a blingy wedding band for him, and he turned that down because he said he wouldn't wear it much. Technically, he's not even supposed to wear a ring when he's working.
He is my kind of guy. I love watches ... :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1477405119|4090387 said:
Dancing Fire,

Are you planning on getting yourself a new massive rock, and testing the waters here to see how to approach your lovely wife?
Not yet... :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ain't no lady, ( I'm no gentelman either :Up_to_something: ) but ...
My Octavia is 1.51, his is 1.34 and really, they look virtually the same size.

I'd have no problem if they were switched.
The rings prevent that since they are different size and made precisely to fit one rock.
We each just happened to get what we got as the purchases were years apart and as you know there are only a few Octavias available.

I do have some sense that I'd like their sizes and values to be similar, but again that was blown out of the water by them being bought years apart and again lack of selection of color and clarity choices.
Mine is G VS2; his is H VS2.
His was bought before prices rose and mine was bought near the peak.

Interesting that, with us, the gender thing doesn't enter the equation as in the woman traditionally getting the large rock and the man getting some melee, if anything.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1477420565|4090472 said:

DF, if that's your watch in your avatar, you're in a whole other league than my DH! He just got an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (the original mechanical version) as a 30th bday gift. I think he'd mentally have a tough time pushing over the $10k mark for a watch...

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, excellent thread.

It for SURE would NOT be okay with me!!! I have DSS from the diamond DH bought me 4 years ago (I have not told him yet).

Thank God my DH is a geologist ("Diamonds are ubiquitous.") and he does not see the attraction to diamonds. When I started buying stones and having custom jewels made, I had a malaya garnet from Gene Flanigan cut in his Star 80 cut and then set into a ring with the stone flanked by 2 Celtic triquetra in 18 kt yellow gold, some small diamonds flanking the triquetra. This seems to be enough for DH. The only ring he will reliably wear is his wedding band.

Q

Queenie60

No, my husband is not interested in diamonds or any other jewelry. He enjoys watching me indulge myself with them! That would be worse than 2 cooks in the kitchen!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMCh|1477426221|4090493 said:
Dancing Fire|1477420565|4090472 said:

DF, if that's your watch in your avatar, you're in a whole other league than my DH! He just got an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (the original mechanical version) as a 30th bday gift. I think he'd mentally have a tough time pushing over the $10k mark for a watch...
Congrats to your husband. The Omega SM is a beautiful watch. My avatar is one of the watch that I alternate wearing.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Define "rock". I have lots of non diamond rocks. And no, hes seldom interested. I made him a very nice south sea pearl choker (leather and pearls...lol) He wears it if I make him. It looks amazing on him but well...its not his thing really. And hes got a very lovely heavy fine silver bracelet, and a JLC watch, but other than that, he doesn't do anything blingy.

more for me :appl: :cheeky:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way Dancing Fire! I guess I am lucky the husband doesn't want diamonds. He has enough expensive hobbies as it is.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1477446003|4090576 said:
No way Dancing Fire! I guess I am lucky the husband doesn't want diamonds. He has enough expensive hobbies as it is.
Is he a Dem.?.. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results