shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies who wear glasses...

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Do you coordinate your earring colors with your glasses?

I never thought about this until recently, after I got a new prescription and a new pair of eye glasses. My old pair has a lavender frame. Now it's deep blueish green, and I don't know what color(s) to put on my ears! Diamond is a safe choice, but I like colored stones!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
No. I don't worry about it for a moment.

I coordinate my glasses frames with my hair and skin color. I wear three different pairs of glasses, for driving, computer and sunglasses, and right now, all of my frames are now sort of a maroon-pink.

I coordinate my earrings with my clothing of the day. Since I try to pick colors that work well with my coloring, I think that the glasses are not going to fight with the earrings.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am rather color picky, which is why I always chose more neutral frames (black, silver, gold, tortoise). Of course, I sometimes thought they were boring but I would be rather bothered by some combinations of clothing and glasses. Not that everything has to be matchy-match, but they do have to harmonize. The funny thing? This doesn't bother me at all on other people. I have friends who wear bright blue glasses or scarlet frames and I always think they look awesome.

I did wish, when I wore glasses (I use contacts now), that I could have a nice wardrobe of frames: a clean, elegant one for work, a couple in colours (a nice wine or a softer jade green) and a few in more daring shapes. Unfortunately, the price of changing all the lenses would be crazy.

Confession: I still love unique glasses. I am designing a pair of sun glasses for myself :naughty:

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I don't typically wear colored frames for that exact reason. I always get glasses in a tortoise shell or coppery color that goes with everything. I do have one set of plastic frames that is lined in turquoise, and I only ever wear them with turquoise and teal tops.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Heck no! Then I'd be missing out on tons of fun accessories! :twirl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My prescription is pretty pricey, so I only have 1 pair of glasses and I went for frames that are in my favourite colours- Tiffany Blue and purple. I figure, that goes with 99% of my wardrobe and as for earrings, now that I have my diamonds studs and jackets... I haven't worn any other earrings!! Pearls would also go with anything ... but still not helping your CS choices... how about tanzanite? That seems like it would work ... or tourmalines??

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi, my glasses are expensive too, so I have only one pair, besides my sunglasses. I like the color a lot. It's just that I don't know how to coordinate it with other colors to achieve "color harmony", as Lady_Disdain calls it. But I think tanzanite or tourmalines could work! There is a reputable jewelry store next to my work place. I am going to try out some different colors there!

Lady_Disdain, I also wish I could have several pairs! It's so smart of you to choose a neutral frame.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
I also bought a more neutral color since I'm picky! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like fun to go check out options, cookie! Enjoy the hunt--- or --- once you decide what you like in terms of colour, you could watch for pairs on preloved or any of the CS vendors, and have something custom made! Ooooh, love the custom "chosen just for you" idea!!

Happy hunting!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I never really thought about it but I've alway chosen neutral colors.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Etsy is a great place for semi-precious stones, too!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I usually wear contacts. but do wear glasses about 20% of the time I go out of the house. I choose neutral frames so I wound not have to worry. But then again, the only earrings I wear these days are my diamond studs. So those go with EVERYTHING :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Nope! I have rimless glasses so there is nothing to match but I can see how some people may. It would probably catch my eye if I saw it on someone. Echoing the others - Etsy is perfect :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah. I've worn the same pair of oval tortoiseshell frames since college, around 12 years ago. (I wear contacts daily but sometimes give my eyes a rest and wear my glasses in public, and of course I switch into them at home after I remove my contacts.) My eyes and hair are dark brown and I wear either yg, wg, sterling silver, or pearl earrings. I would wear colored stone earrings of any color with my glasses if I had some! I'm thinking I need some citrine studs set in chunky yg...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results