shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, what do you think of this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

markyd23

Rough_Rock
Ok, well I am waiting till the spring / summer to do this, but please give me your opinions!

My girlfriend went to Rutgers University in New Jersey and I used to be there visiting her a lot! Anyways, there is this pond called Passion Puddle, and there is a story behind it which says if you walk around it with a person you love, you will be with that person forever.

My plan is to take her back to school to just remenis about the past, which we have done once in a while, but this time I will take her back to the pond which we walked around years ago. When we complete our way around it, I will tell her something like, "We walked around this pond years ago just dreaming that one day we will spend the rest of our lives together, and today, I''d like to make it final."

Well, im going to change up the wording, but you get the drift. Then Ill give her the ring as i get down on my knee and say a few more words and propose. Do you guys think this is good and sentimental? I want it to be special and have some meaning.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds really sweet, like you've put some thought in to it. I think she will really love it because you personalized it so much to what she would like and your experience together.

Did you get the ring yet?? Any pictures to post?
1.gif

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

leigh2004

Rough_Rock
She will love it!!!

That is sooo romantic...

I am going to ask my boyfriend to marry me on 2/29/04. At this point I have no idea how I am going to do it. Do you have any ideas that may appeal to a man?

markyd23

Rough_Rock
Hmm, tough call. It depends on the guy, but I would want it to be private and romantic. I am a romantic deep down, but also, some guys would be partially embarrassed to be proposed to in public so if you are not sure of how your BF will react, I think anything private and sentimental will work magic.

Let me know if you come up with an idea. Id love to hear it!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I think it's so sweet and sentimantal! Similar story, my close friends from college first kissing infront of a Lion statue at Penn State. A year later, he brought her to the same spot and proposed to her right there. Private, sweet and so perfect for eachother... I think she will be brought to tears...I know I almost was!
1.gif
CONGRATS to be!

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like a perfect proposal -- sweet, sincere, and not too contrived. Also, not in the bathtub (Nicrez! Still scares me!).

Be sure to keep us posted, and if you're getting her a ring too, ask the people who lurk around here for advice -- they're awesome!

leigh2004

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/3/2004 4:31:04 PM markyd23 wrote:

Hmm, tough call. It depends on the guy, but I would want it to be private and romantic. I am a romantic deep down, but also, some guys would be partially embarrassed to be proposed to in public so if you are not sure of how your BF will react, I think anything private and sentimental will work magic.

Let me know if you come up with an idea. Id love to hear it!----------------

I thought of what I am going to do. My boyfriend loves anything that has to do with the Titanic. In Tampa (I live in Jacksonville) they are having a Titanic exhibit until April. I plan to buy a package that includes tickets to this and 1 night in a nice Hotel. I went to timelessmessage.com , they have some great things including a message in a bottle. When we are at the exhibit and we are able to get away from everyone else I want to give him a present, which will be the bottle. the message inside is so great. I read the one they had for proposals and it said exactly what I want to say to him. I think he will love it!!
What do you think?
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a neat idea! Even after 23 years, Hubby and I like to revisit old haunts and remember the "good old days". How sweet and romantic!!
love.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What do you think?
1.gif
----------------

The Titanic exhibit is very popular & can be *very* crowded. I don't know the space in Tampa - but there wasn't much space in the exhibit I saw to sneak off in a corner. And, in the more open rooms, he may not be able to read anything - too dark.

markyd23

Rough_Rock
I think I will be going with this thought. Just need to wait till warmer weather and Ill start planning my words now sO i can be sure its perfect.

On another note, I was thinking that wherever we go for our honeymoon, if its somewhere tropical or maybe Sicily, I was thinking of setting up a surprise marriage for us, alone. We will have a traditional wedding with our friends and family of course, but then I just thought it would be romantic and private. Just us, a priest and a photographer in a far off place. You think its a good idea or too much to renew our vows right after our wedding?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Marky - I like your proposal idea.

Maybe get past that first.
wink2.gif
9.gif

But, when you say private ceremony - I hope you mean reaffirming your vows after the family wedding. If so, then it may be a nice idea.

BooRadley

Rough_Rock
I like the idea. you might wanna bring flowers & champagne for after she says "yes"....

BR

markyd23

Rough_Rock
Good idea! Well, we arent much for champagne but maybe Ill get sparkling cider for us! ha ha. But the flowers is a great idea. Maybe I can stash them there somehow. Ill have to think about that, but thanks for the feedback! I wasnt too sure of the idea until I have gotten the feedback here and from friends.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results