shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies, tell me how YOU proposed to HIM!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I would love to hear any stories of women who proposed to their guys. I did so 3 weeks ago (because I was going to be on a business trip on 29 Feb). I got him a watch, went down on one knee and asked. he said yes (without even looking at the watch!).

I think some women get fixated on the engagement ring. I think that him becoming your husband is more important than any piece of jewelry. that said, the guy won''t want to be out done and will probably offer to buy you one, anyway.

This doesn''t technically count, but I''ve done it as a joke several times with my bf. Once, I said, "It''s not like I said ''will you marry me?''" -- he then said, "haha your proposed!"
16.gif
I asked him seriously once if he would have a problem with it if I proposed to him- he said no. However, I know he wants to be the one to do it, so I''m playing the waiting game.

I think it''s really cute when women propose! I don''t think I could do it, I would be too nervous. Plus, I think to throw me off, he says I''m paying for my own ring if I propose to him
2.gif
Sometimes he''s too cute.

eac

Shiny_Rock
I don''t exactly know if I proposed to my ex-husband...we were in bed and he was saying for the 16th time, "When we get engaged..." and I perked up that if we kept talking about it so happily, why didn''t we just formalize the engagement? He jumped on it happily. We both got matching engagement rings, by the way - thick gold bands with bezel-set tourmalines.

A friend of mine in Holland proposed to her husband to be. They went away for a romantic New Year''s Eve in a castle (!) and she proposed to him, very formally, at dinner. She also told me that in Holland, they don''t really have engagement rings, so the whole "ring thing" wasn''t an issue. The wedding is planned for January. However...her fiancee, while happy enough to be engaged, wasn''t up for telling their friends and family about it for a bit! He seemed to feel kind of "rushed". It took him a few months to get used to it.

Lastly, a friend of mine in Germany proposed to her boyfriend...and he said "no." Ow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results