shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, Sometimes I feel sorry for your DH...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgrade this!, upgrade that!. Spent thousands of $$$ on a custom setting then get tire of it after a few months... :wacko: ..don't you feel sorry for him?.. :bigsmile:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF my husband has owned 113+ aircraft (not all at the same time). His passion/hobby has cost millions+ so no I feel NO remorse or sympathy whatsoever, and I'd guess there are plenty of PS husbands out there, that like boats, fancy cars, nice watches or whatever so there are probably a heap of long suffering ladies that you should be feeling sorry for not the other way around. It's a myth men don't spend money on luxury items too.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uummmm, I earn my own money and how I spend what’s spare has nothing to do with my husband! Why should anyone feel sorry for him? I would never ask him to fund a jewellery piece for me unless it was for a special occasion, like an anniversary. I have reduced the pressure on him by being able to pay half of the household bills, save for the future etc etc.

Having said that, I won’t be upgrading or changing settings because I’m sentimental and love what I have anyway.

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same. I’m the primary earner and have paid for all my own jewelry. He does the cooking and most of the cleaning/keeping the house in order. :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah, I waited 40 years for Bella, he’s had it easy :lol:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been the primary earner for many many years, put him through school twice, and always been a full time (over time) working mom. He likes his electronics.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been the primary earner for many many years, put him through school twice, and always been a full time (over time) working mom. He likes his electronics.
Woot. Girl power!
Yeah DH is applying to med school now so if everything goes to plan, all my bling funds will be going towards tuition for at least the next 4 years. And probably selling off a bunch of what I already heave (which I was planning to do anyways). No new pieces for 4 years :cry2: luckily I can just live vicariously through this forum

You better bet my 40th bday present to myself after all that is going to be epic though!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. Feel no guilt at all for my bling purchases. Hubby has a car fetish and is looking to put a car lift in our garage for his toys. :think:
Words to live by @Dancing Fire

Happy wife. Happy life.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
maybe DF is getting jealous that everyone here gets to upgrade/ change settings / play with lots of bling and he get to only have one for himself??? :cheeky:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
maybe DF is getting jealous that everyone here gets to upgrade/ change settings / play with lots of bling and he get to only have one for himself??? :cheeky:
:appl::wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, because I earn and spend my own money! :whistle:

Q

Queenie60

Absolutely not! At my age I'm going to enjoy it and my children can sell it when I'm gone! I rationalize it by - I'm wearing some of the money now!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You owe!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woot. Girl power!
Yeah DH is applying to med school now so if everything goes to plan, all my bling funds will be going towards tuition for at least the next 4 years. And probably selling off a bunch of what I already heave (which I was planning to do anyways). No new pieces for 4 years :cry2: luckily I can just live vicariously through this forum

You better bet my 40th bday present to myself after all that is going to be epic though!
whoot! Good luck to your DH!, but yes get that epic bling for your 40th, I feel pretty content with both the 40th bday and my 15yr... now to save up for that 20yr:twisted2:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely not! At my age I'm going to enjoy it and my children can sell it when I'm gone! I rationalize it by - I'm wearing some of the money now!
I like this!:kiss2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:silenced:
whoot! Good luck to your DH!, but yes get that epic bling for your 40th, I feel pretty content with both the 40th bday and my 15yr... now to save up for that 20yr:twisted2:

All I can say is DKs shop better still be open in 8 years or I’ll be So angry! :p

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with arkieb1 - my husband has plenty of things he likes to spend money on. I haven't ever added everything up but I suspect that at the end of the year, he usually spends as much as I do or more!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh is super generous and loves spending money on both of us so no I don't feel guilty. Lately we have only been spending thousands and thousands on health care for our cats so we have not been spending any money on us at all.

But not only do I not feel guilty I know my dh and I are lucky to have found each other. We are a perfect match in that we balance each other out. He is outgoing and I am more introverted. He is more optimistic but I am the more practical realist. He is incredibly generous and I am (well used to be) more careful with spending and always liked to get a bargain. Not any more. These days I want convenience and to make life a little bit less challenging and my philosphy these days is if money solves a problem it isn't really a problem.

enjoylifenow.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Same. I’m the primary earner and have paid for all my own jewelry. He does the cooking and most of the cleaning/keeping the house in order. :kiss2:

Ditto. I'm actually content with my jewelry collection now, and enjoy getting new blingy cars, which he also gets to enjoy! PLUS he has his own expensive hobbies, such as mountain bikes etc.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I earn my own income and spend it however the heck I want...but I also consult him before I spend a chunk of it because thats how we roll in our household ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nonsense DF. Sheer nonsense.

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
uh my husband has solar panelitis..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock