shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, Is your E-ring worth more than your hubby's car?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which car is his??
It's probably worth more than the old Jeep we have. Probably worth about the same as the 2012 that has some damage but runs well. Certainly not worth more than the 2017 vehicle.
If we go by the Jeep, which he is the sole driver, then no. The others, which we both drive, then maybe.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at this point, maybe in a few years as his continues to depreciate :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He doesn’t have a car, so yes!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, well until yesterday. He bought a new car yesterday so the answer is now "no".

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No. I think his truck is still worth more than all my bling combined :eek2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely not - we had a pretty small ($3k-ish) budget for bling when we got married. It was 2009, and I worked in real estate, so the recession hit us pretty hard. If we were to get married today, I think it could be more around the $10k price point, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable spending more than that.

We drive Toyotas - mine's an SUV and DH has a Tacoma. We're fairly practical in terms of those purchases, but they are still somewhat expensive vehicles. I think I can safely say I'll NEVER have a ring that is worth more than my DHs car.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
not even close

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My car is worth more than my ER ring. DH car is worth less than my ER ring. We also have an extra car we are saving for DD when she drives, but that is not worth much now but runs well.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely! He drove a 2009 Corolla into a tree in 2017 after it skid off the road and rolled over a few times, so depreciation plus accordion car plus dead human in car = less value than e-rings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has two cars that are each worth more than we paid for my AVR. They are both old and are increasing in value!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I technically don't really have a car, so yes. I do have a vehicle though, my day job supplies me with a turbo diesel truck with all expenses paid and personal use as part of the contract that I negotiated when I started working for them. I'm on my second vehicle now though after completely mangling the first one :saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I technically don't really have a car, so yes. I do have a vehicle though, my day job supplies me with a turbo diesel truck with all expenses paid and personal use as part of the contract that I negotiated when I started working for them. I'm on my second vehicle now though after completely mangling the first one :saint:

The main thing is you are A OK. That was scary and thank goodness you survived that accident. My dad always said not to get too lightweight a car because then it doesn't protect you as well in an accident. Of course I always shrugged that one off but my dad is a wise man. Anyway whew for surviving that Jordy and your wife can get all the beautiful opals she wants so she is lucky in more ways than one. :kiss:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The main thing is you are A OK. That was scary and thank goodness you survived that accident. My dad always said not to get too lightweight a car because then it doesn't protect you as well in an accident. Of course I always shrugged that one off but my dad is a wise man. Anyway whew for surviving that Jordy and your wife can get all the beautiful opals she wants so she is lucky in more ways than one. :kiss:

Thanks Missy, I reckon your dad is right. The GM Colorado I drove and am driving again are very robust work vehicles. 9 days later my own dad had an accident as well, not as bad as mine but it wrecked his Colorado (he could open his door to get out, I had to climb out of the wreckage of mine).

Either way, I'm glad that I'm not in the business of having to replace my own work vehicle or my wife's E ring :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently, for the first time ever, yes. He swaps his cars every year & at the moment has a 9 year old BMW 2 series convertible, because he promised the girls he'd try a convertible for a bit. We live in the UK, so it's only convertible weather for 3 months of the year! He bought it outright with cash from a private seller to see if we enjoyed it.

Last year he leased a brand new Audi A5 S-line, so no.
The year before he leased a brand new BMW 6 Series, so no.
The year before that he inherited his fathers Nissan GTR, so no. (Loved it, but sold it due to really poor fuel economy - It's definitely not a commuting car!)

Who knows what this coming spring holds, but he has his eye on a Mustang :roll2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not even close! :lol-2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My ering will ALWAYS be more expensive than a car that we have! Cars just depreciate soo quick and get soo dirty! Much easier to clean diamonds than a car :lol: So to me cars are necessary for transportation but I'm not wearing a car 24/ . My ering will has a lower CPU, cost per use and it will still look good after 20 30 years...not that there won't be upgrades along the way teehee :lol::P2. A diamond brings me much greater joy than a car so diamonds it is!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. His truck is no longer made in the setup we have and it is highly coveted by people. We get asked all the time if we will sell it. The answer is always no.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My CBI fully depreciated against his car fully depreciated- my ring is worth slightly more.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well hubs bought that new car, my ring is worth more than his car by about 20K. I was actually surprised he went very conservative with his auto choice

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes because I gave him my old BMWx3...and I got the new car!:P2

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not even close :lol: Both of our cars are way more.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Haha, fun thread. DH's car today is worth 5x what we paid for my ER, and if new, his car would be 10x. I, for one, though, will never say never to owning a RHR that's more expensive than his car. :twisted2: On my own budget, of course, and then I'd need to save FOR YEARS. :???:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results